Terry Bradshaw's nugget on Dak's contract negotiation

Dallasfann

Reaction score
And I sort of agree with you. My big issue if that if you're going to give Dak/Mike one more run lets at least give them a real chance. I think this is a solid roster dont get me wrong, but it's heavily reliant on you guys stepping up at basically every position group. You really need to hit on Guyton, Beebe, Mazi, Tolbert, at least one of the young backers, someone to pair with Zeke, etc.

The total hands off approach in free agency really makes this year feel like this team has a limited ceiling.

For sure. We both know Daks chances of winning drop quite a bit without any threat of a running back.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Careful with the goalposts there. He who must not be named was not on those other squads, and my focus was a comparative analysis of team offenses with regards to the rushing attack.

If your main concern is he who must not be named avoiding sole blame then you have no beef with me, nor the enormous bulk of his detractors. You conflate fans that are wishing to move on from Dak with blaming Dak for all the Cowboy’s troubles. He gets lots of attacks because of his position and media exposure. That will happen with any QB of this team not advancing deep in the postseason ever in the span of almost a decade.

I think the rushing defense was absolutely disgustingly bad. Though I think a bunch of it was due to poor roster management and linebacker play. That was not your original statement though-you blamed poor rushing offense and defense on the Cowboys’ woes. I’m not trying to say that a rushing offense like the Cowboys had is ideal. I was making the point that the rushing offense was similar to some other teams in the postseason that were able to scrape enough with the passing offense to offset the poor rushing attack.
I’ve been saying the playoff misery was due to a horrible run defense and a horrible offensive run game for months!

Blitzen

Reaction score
I’ve been saying the playoff misery was due to a horrible run defense and a horrible offensive run game for months!

I understand. My contention is that playoff wins sometimes contain what you yourself have already declared as poor rushing attacks. That was my argument, and why I bothered pointing out the two examples. I would go further in saying that playoff wins often require lots of adaptation and flexibility. The winning team must typically have the ability to change offensive approach back and forth or go heavy in one attack.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I understand. My contention is that playoff wins sometimes contain what you yourself have already declared as poor rushing attacks. That was my argument, and why I bothered pointing out the two examples. I would go further in saying that playoff wins often require lots of adaptation and flexibility. The winning team must typically have the ability to change offensive approach back and forth or go heavy in one attack.
Not sure what the hell you’re talking about now, but my point remains. The Cowboys were flawed on both offense and defense in the playoffs because they were weak up the middle. Please stay on topic.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Bottom line you have to have a well balanced team to make a deep run in the playoffs.

GMO415

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but it appears Dak has stronger support outside of Cowboy Nations. It is rare for a team to allow its franchise QB's contract to reach its final year........, especially w/o a trade and/or franchise tag options. Unless they are preparing to move on.......

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/dallas...dvice-jerry-jones-negotiations-contract-bleep

Dak Prescott Advice: Tell Cowboys 'Bleep You!' - Terry Bradshaw on Contract Talks​

Dak Prescott Advice: Tell Dallas Cowboys 'Bleep You!' - Terry Bradshaw on Contract Talks

Yes, go somewhere else will less talent because they are paying you $50 mill a year and fail. Bleep you back

Blitzen

Reaction score
Not sure what the hell you’re talking about now, but my point remains. The Cowboys were flawed on both offense and defense in the playoffs because they were weak up the middle. Please stay on topic.

I think you understand that I’m trying to get you to admit that teams can and do win playoff games (and produce the necessary points/yardage) without strong (by your standards) rushing attacks SOMETIMES.

I gave evidence and you will not make arguments about them. You change topics and avoid that point. Even though I already conceded one of your major points: teams benefit greatly when the rushing attack is very strong (helps immensely with more consistent/productive scoring).

offlimits

Reaction score
This is attributed to Einstein but there is no evidence that he said it but... "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Creeper

Reaction score
They have been decisive. They have decided to do nothing and wait it out. They want CD and Micah to play on their 5th year options. By delaying Dak, they have a built in excuse for not extending CD.

They have made it clear the priority order is Dak, CD and Micah. So be delaying Dak, they delay all 3.

Jerry is most likely preying that Trance learned how to play QB during the off-season some how.
Micah has 2 years left on his rookie deal so they can always extend him next year. But I think we all know the longer they wait, the bigger his next contract will be.

I think not extending CeeDee now is a mistake. We all know if CeeDee enters free agency, which he will if they do not extend him now, someone will offer him a lot more money than Dallas will be willing to pay. If they do not resign him, he will be gone after this year. I have no problem with the thinking that paying a WR $30 million may not be wise. But if that is the Cowboys' philosophy, then get on with it. Trade him now for something of value. Or they should have traded him before the draft and maybe picked up a WR in the draft.

The same thing with Dak. By now they must know how they feel about Dak. If they love him then sign him. If not them why drag this out another year? If the Cowboys aren't sure about how they feel about Dak after 8 years then they know the answer. Move on. Another year is not going to make them more certain about Dak. At this point, if they do not know exactly what Dak wants then they messed up. Get his number and decide if they want to pay it. Why are they making this so hard?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Any time anyone says anything positive about Dak, it brinks out the trolls. They just can’t stand any kind of positivity when it comes to the QB.
Pipe down Rocky and celebrate the Ewok #15 being back. :laugh:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Micah has 2 years left on his rookie deal so they can always extend him next year. But I think we all know the longer they wait, the bigger his next contract will be.

I think not extending CeeDee now is a mistake. We all know if CeeDee enters free agency, which he will if they do not extend him now, someone will offer him a lot more money than Dallas will be willing to pay. If they do not resign him, he will be gone after this year. I have no problem with the thinking that paying a WR $30 million may not be wise. But if that is the Cowboys' philosophy, then get on with it. Trade him now for something of value. Or they should have traded him before the draft and maybe picked up a WR in the draft.

The same thing with Dak. By now they must know how they feel about Dak. If they love him then sign him. If not them why drag this out another year? If the Cowboys aren't sure about how they feel about Dak after 8 years then they know the answer. Move on. Another year is not going to make them more certain about Dak. At this point, if they do not know exactly what Dak wants then they messed up. Get his number and decide if they want to pay it. Why are they making this so hard?
CD will not hit free agency. He will be tagged. Paying the average of the top 5, is still better than making him the highest paid.

Like I explained. They are dragging it out to delay paying CD and Micah.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think you understand that I’m trying to get you to admit that teams can and do win playoff games (and produce the necessary points/yardage) without strong (by your standards) rushing attacks SOMETIMES.

I gave evidence and you will not make arguments about them. You change topics and avoid that point. Even though I already conceded one of your major points: teams benefit greatly when the rushing attack is very strong (helps immensely with more consistent/productive scoring).
And a blind squirrel can SOMETIMES find a nut.

Blitzen

Reaction score
And a blind squirrel can SOMETIMES find a nut.

I mean if you are admitting that it can and does happen (even infrequently)-then it’s at least a step in the direction of being reasonable.

Two examples just from this past postseason (that I know of) seems more frequent than the blind squirrel nut analogy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I mean if you are admitting that it can and does happen (even infrequently)-then it’s at least a step in the direction of being reasonable.

Two examples just from this past postseason (that I know of) seems more frequent than the blind squirrel nut analogy.
I disagree with your conclusion. You’re not considering the flow of the game. In the playoffs you better be able and stop the run and run the ball to go far in the playoffs.

Creeper

Reaction score
CD will not hit free agency. He will be tagged. Paying the average of the top 5, is still better than making him the highest paid.

Like I explained. They are dragging it out to delay paying CD and Micah.
The problem with tagging someone is their entire compensation hits the CAP in the year they are tagged. It might not be a problem depending on what else they do but it does not give them any salary cap flexibility.