Test scores for Hill vs. Donald vs. Q Williams

Sydla

Reaction score
note that hill weighs 310-330lb whereas donald weighs 280lb
for 3t, the explosion scores for hill (jump scores) are pretty close and better than q williams
donald and williams both have better 40 score than hill, and donald cone score is much better also.
though that is top end speed for the 40.
the shuttle score for hill is the same as donald, which is shocking as donald weighs 40lbs less.

hills is an absolute sparq freak and reminiscent of lve
the potential is there so can they extract it?

------------------Player------------Hill------------A Donald ---------Q Williams
ARMS -----------------------------33 3/8”---------- 32 5/8"----------33 1/4"
HANDS ---------------------------10 1/4”-----------9 7/8"-------------9 5/8"
40 Yard Dash --------------------5.04 -------------4.68---------------4.83 SECONDS
Bench Press ---------------------28 --------------- 35------------------------REPS
Vertical Jump --------------------35.0 ------------- 32-----------------30.5 INCHES
Broad Jump ----------------------115.0 ----------116 ---------------112.0 INCHES
3 Cone Drill ------------------------7.7 ------------7.11------------------------ SECONDS
20 Yd Shuttle ---------------------4.38 -----------4.39------------------------ SECONDS

Now show for us their college production.

The danger in looking at measurables is that sometimes talented kids just never really figure out how to use that talent.

dckid

Reaction score
note that hill weighs 310-330lb whereas donald weighs 280lb
for 3t, the explosion scores for hill (jump scores) are pretty close and better than q williams
donald and williams both have better 40 score than hill, and donald cone score is much better also.
though that is top end speed for the 40.
the shuttle score for hill is the same as donald, which is shocking as donald weighs 40lbs less.

hills is an absolute sparq freak and reminiscent of lve
the potential is there so can they extract it?

------------------Player------------Hill------------A Donald ---------Q Williams
ARMS -----------------------------33 3/8”---------- 32 5/8"----------33 1/4"
HANDS ---------------------------10 1/4”-----------9 7/8"-------------9 5/8"
40 Yard Dash --------------------5.04 -------------4.68---------------4.83 SECONDS
Bench Press ---------------------28 --------------- 35------------------------REPS
Vertical Jump --------------------35.0 ------------- 32-----------------30.5 INCHES
Broad Jump ----------------------115.0 ----------116 ---------------112.0 INCHES
3 Cone Drill ------------------------7.7 ------------7.11------------------------ SECONDS
20 Yd Shuttle ---------------------4.38 -----------4.39------------------------ SECONDS
If he is 70% as good as Donald we got ourselves a player.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Aaron Donald is a generational player. Top 5 in the game today. Why are we comparing Hill to him?

his physical talent level ranks up there.
we got him in the late 2nd.
if he is in the a quadrant in the chart, he would be going in the top 5.
he is more physically ideal for the 3tech we play than q williams who went #3
the key is if the issues in college go away.
note that it was not pot, dv - so no suspensions
it was arguing with a new set of coaches.

waldoputty

Reaction score
also it would be nice if the included 10 yard dash times in for dlineman and etc so we can see the quickness.Which would be more used then 40 yard dash times.

agreed, but giving his explosive jump scores, his 10 split is going to be good.

waldoputty

Reaction score
What is even more telling about Hill’s athleticism is that his short shuttle and vertical jump are essentially the same as Pollard’s. He’s a DT that outweighs a scatback by over 100 pounds and still has almost the same numbers on those measures of change of direction and explosion as the RB.

It’s very rare. Couple that with his ‘hair on fire’ style of play and one becomes very excited about the possibilities. Plus, he’s a smart kid. Sky is the limit IMO.

I will say that he’s no Donald though... nobody is. He could be a bigger Geno Atkins though.

he has the power in his legs to do those ridiculous shuttle and vertical jump scores.
those are better than williams, donald and cox.

he is not the donald package, but i would rather compare him to cox.
much much better penetrating 3tech, but cox is more agile (See cone scores).
his cone score was 7.7, which is a lot worse than 7.1 for donald/cox.

also note that he just turned 21, but williams was 4 months older, and donald was 23? when he went to the combine?

i dont think he got (accepted) the best coaching.
williams and donald probably more coached up.

part of me thinks he should play at 310lb
part of me thinks he should play at 295 and be that more explosive and agile.

cox is perhaps the biggest 3tech talent that marinelli ever coached or will get to coach.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
His jumps and shuttle are outstanding. You watch him come off the line and you see how it translates.

With those bench reps you have to keep in mind arm length. Cox's strength is what really sets him apart. He is a force of nature who goes where he wants to go. Hill doesn't have that.

waldoputty

Reaction score
So he's nowhere near as strong or as fast as Donald and had nowhere near the production.

cool thread

i think donald tested at 23 while hill just turned 21.
those 2 years would do wonders for the reps.
i am not saying he is donald, he is different - heavier, more mass, but actually more explosive though less agile (cone of 7.7 vs 7.1)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
he has the power in his legs to do those ridiculous shuttle and vertical jump scores.
those are better than williams, donald and cox.

he is not the donald package, but i would rather compare him to cox.
much much better penetrating 3tech, but cox is more agile (See cone scores).
his cone score was 7.7, which is a lot worse than 7.1 for donald/cox.

also note that he just turned 21, but williams was 4 months older, and donald was 23? when he went to the combine?

i dont think he got (accepted) the best coaching.
williams and donald probably more coached up.

part of me thinks he should play at 310lb
part of me thinks he should play at 295 and be that more explosive and agile.

cox is perhaps the biggest 3tech talent that marinelli ever coached or will get to coach.

He looked explosive off the line at 320 when he played the last two years. I like him at either tackle spot at that weight. Hill is a much better 1 than Collins right out the gate. Hill can bench many a NFL if he can get up on them with that first step.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Now show for us their college production.

The danger in looking at measurables is that sometimes talented kids just never really figure out how to use that talent.

if he was very productive in college, we are not getting him at the end of the 2nd.
he had a problem with new coaches in his senior year.
note that an analyst complained how his college coaches did not start him after he balled out in the penultimate game.
there was a problem there.
probably on both sides.

waldoputty

Reaction score
He looked explosive off the line at 320 when he played the last two years. I like him at either tackle spot at that weight. Hill is a much better 1 than Collins right out the gate. Hill can bench many a NFL if he can get up on them with that first step.

i cannot decide whether i want to see in at the a gap or the b gap. i can see benefits to both...

waldoputty

Reaction score
here is his chart from btb

dt_2019.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
i cannot decide whether i want to see in at the a gap or the b gap. i can see benefits to both...

Our best two DT right now look to be Collins and Hill. For me it comes down to who I want at the 1 and that is easy with Hill for me.

I think 1 reason Collins has been less effective and more prone to wear is because of playing the 1 so much. Ross was a spare and Woods was a quality run anchor and not much more.

How would you line up Hill/Collins?

waldoputty

Reaction score
Our best two DT right now look to be Collins and Hill. For me it comes down to who I want at the 1 and that is easy with Hill for me.

I think 1 reason Collins has been less effective and more prone to wear is because of playing the 1 so much. Ross was a spare and Woods was a quality run anchor and not much more.

How would you line up Hill/Collins?

i cannot decide.
it may depend on how often hill ends up on the ground.

i presume you mean playing him on the a-gap. he would be drawing a double team? with his first step/momentum, he may still get through some of the time.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
i cannot decide.
it may depend on how often hill ends up on the ground.

i presume you mean playing him on the a-gap. he would be drawing a double team? with his first step/momentum, he may still get through some of the time.

Just go watch Hill games on youtube. He plays a lot of 1 against Memphis. And yes the 1 lines up in the a gap on the C shoulder.

dtechniquealignments_medium.gif

waldoputty

Reaction score
Just go watch Hill games on youtube. He plays a lot of 1 against Memphis. And yes the 1 lines up in the a gap on the C shoulder.

dtechniquealignments_medium.gif

i have been in china and cannot access youtube.
cz was also blocked there but not the other cowboys site, and only able to get on cz when i am in hong kong/macau, which do not have internet blockage.
flying back today and will do some binge watching when i get back.

i have to think he would be best used as the 1.
he would be so close to the qb.
and would require less agility.