Twitter: Texans fired HC and GM Bill O’Brien

cowboyec

Reaction score
I hope Big Mike will be more willing to assert himself if he wants to avoid being the next Jerry's puppet (assuming he's not already.)

Let's face it -- Jerry is a real control freak, who lives and breathes to prove himself to be a real "football guy." Big Mike must beware.
i don't disagree.
Big Mc did get to bring in his staff...so he had some kinda say on things.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
i love your posts but no way is McCarthy worse than garrett.
All I can do is go by what my eyes are telling me and my eyes are saying through 4 games McCarthy is worse than Garrett. I hate for that to be the case but as of right now that's what my eyes are seeing.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Someone once told me that it's never the coaches fault, it's the players. Where is that guy?

cowboyec

Reaction score
All I can do is go by what my eyes are telling me and my eyes are saying through 4 games McCarthy is worse than Garrett. I hate for that to be the case but as of right now that's what my eyes are seeing.
like i said...love your posts and honesty.
i just disagree.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He runs the draft board.

And it seems like the Cowboys greatest successes in the draft came at offensive line when Callahan was hire.
He may run the draft board but he's surely not making all these picks. I'm sure he didn't argue over the Lamb pick but Taco had Jerry written all over him.

slick325

Reaction score
Wonder if Houston makes a run at McClay again and interviews Jason Garrett. They have worked together and the GM would have an idea of what roster the HC would want around Watson and J.J. Watt.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
AYe......something had to be done on Monday.......I respect it. This team should've made a similar move. Something had to be done.....and its 4:08 and it appears nothing will be.

But damn can you imagine trading away Hopkins and then getting fired lol? They should've fired him before they got rid of Hopkins lol.

Yo bro I usually agree with you on most things, but I don’t agree with firing Mike, this off season is like no other. I think he’s going to be fine, and I think this offense is going to be very good.

The defense really doesn’t have talent and they’re the same underachieving players that Rod and McClay picked. We kicked guys like Hitchens and Wilson out the door for guys like Jaylon Smith. He gets time imo JG got 10 years and he sabotaged his prior coach to get the job. He wasted talent like Ware, Romo, Bryant Witten etc... I know everyone is upset at starting out 1-3, but I can’t get mad about it with how the off-season went.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yo bro I usually agree with you on most things, but I don’t agree with firing Mike, this off season is like no other. I think he’s going to be fine, and I think this offense is going to be very good.

The defense really doesn’t have talent and they’re the same underachieving players that Rod and McClay picked. We kicked guys like Hitchens and Wilson out the door for guys like Jaylon Smith. He gets time imo JG got 10 years and he sabotaged his prior coach to get the job. He wasted talent like Ware, Romo, Bryant Witten etc... I know everyone is upset at starting out 1-3, but I can’t get mad about it with how the off-season went.
That's not what I was saying. I was saying something needed to happen to do. The scapegoat firing need to happen. Its not fair to accurately judge McCarthy on how he starts the season but how he finishes it. Now me? I would've fired Nolan and/or McCarthy. I don't like where this thing is heading even if it does get on track. I feel like with Nolan.....you are putting a band aid on a gun shot wound AT BEST. The smart move is to give McCarthy a chance to fix this.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
That's not what I was saying. I was saying something needed to happen to do. The scapegoat firing need to happen. Its not fair to accurately judge McCarthy on how he starts the season but how he finishes it. Now me? I would've fired Nolan and/or McCarthy. I don't like where this thing is heading even if it does get on track. I feel like with Nolan.....you are putting a band aid on a gun shot wound AT BEST. The smart move is to give McCarthy a chance to fix this.

I absolutely agree on the Nolan thing I’m not sure he’s the right coach for this defense. I’m not ready to kick MM to the curb yet. I do agree we have to give McCarthy a chance to fix it and anyone who thought he would’ve had it squared away after 4 games wasn’t being realistic. I recall seeing a state about the record in the last 17 games and it wasn’t good this team had been trending down. I will say this if JG was still HC the oline wouldn’t have been functioning with all the movement and backups so that’s a big plus.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How big is that smile right now?
You rapscallion.

Not about the team, but about certain points.

You know me. I’ll just quietly take the high road. They won’t even know I’m here. :)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I absolutely agree on the Nolan thing I’m not sure he’s the right coach for this defense. I’m not ready to kick MM to the curb yet. I do agree we have to give McCarthy a chance to fix it and anyone who thought he would’ve had it squared away after 4 games wasn’t being realistic. I recall seeing a state about the record in the last 17 games and it wasn’t good this team had been trending down. I will say this if JG was still HC the oline wouldn’t have been functioning with all the movement and backups so that’s a big plus.
What disappoints me the most though is if they made George Edwards or Tomsula the dc I would’ve been fine. Nolan just makes no sense other than being Mikes buddy.