Signed by Cowboys Texans trade DT Eli Ankou to Dallas Cowboys for seventh rd pick

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
honestly though what does he do that someone off another practiced squad can do? Why burn a draft pick? That pick on draft weekend could end up being used in a trade or on a punter or something.

What does this guy have over the guy on the practice squad right now Walter Palmore...The guy has 1 year experience from Missouri and is 6"4 320.

EDIT: After someone said they didn't think the pick was condition, and checking a couple of articles, both said nothing about conditional. I was probably wrong. I'm still not that excited about a spending a 7th. If they like him for a 7th, that's fine with me.

That's fine with me. We're committing (ed: very little) nothing, and need DTs.

Conditional 7th. We only give it up if we like him better than the 7th. We're only risking development snaps now.

The two guys aren't mutually exclusive. We can like both. We can dump both.

Bringing in *more* DTs strikes me as good. We only just advanced Hamilton from the PS. 3 DTs on roster churn. Don't have to be married to any of them. Probably aren't.

Lots of extra rules about putting players on and off the PS/Active Roster. More DTs helps us not hit those limits.

Just what I want. Churn the bottom of the roster and PS squad for projects. Use lots of game snaps for evaluation, and keep the ones we like. Wins don't matter, so use the games for evaluation. Make the most of the rest of the season.

Last edited:

InTheZone

Reaction score
a guy who's been on 3 teams, couldn't we have drafted a rookie in the 7th with more "upside"?

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
Someone likely already mentioned this, but we don't have a 7th round pick in the upcoming draft. It was traded for Michael Bennett. Now, that trade was a conditional 7th that could covert to a 6th, so maybe it converted to a 6th by meeting whatever the conditions were, and I'm just not aware of that. But I thought I read somewhere that it was staying a 7th, which means our next 7th round pick isn't until the 2022 draft.
True. I read on one of the tweets from Rappaport or another writer, that it is a 2022 7th. Not that I like it anymore better though.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or at least trade a conditional pick. I don’t want to exaggerate, it’s a 7th round pick after all, but this is just dumb.
Trade Deadline Time -
JJ: Good job, son! :clap:

Fans: OMG, we're doomed. :banghead:

SJ:
giphy.gif

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don't think it's a conditional pick. Where did you see that? I could be wrong

I could be wrong too. I thought I read conditional. I read it in comments, though.

Checking a couple of articles, both said nothing about conditional. I'm probably wrong.

I'm still not that excited about a 7th. If they like him for a 7th, that's fine with me.

Thanks. Maybe I can head off a hundred "It's not conditional" replies.

Silly

Reaction score
If we just had Rod to coach him up, maybe this defense wouldn't stink so bad?:huh:

Vanilla2

Reaction score
The puzzle is now complete.strap in ladies Next stop super bowl.