Texas Coast Offense rolling

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I’m more on the positive side with this team and qb but tend to remain even keeled as best I can….that said it’s threads like these that just set the bait for people to come out of the wood work if the team /dak fails down the stretch.

Let the team have success over this stretch and then you have all the right to say “I told you so” or boast ab how right you are.

EST_1986

Reaction score
It does.

So why doesn't Dak earn criticism? When deserved?

So recently everyone going well...dak desverves accolades.

When he doesn't or out team doesn't win....then what? Do you FIGHT for his earned scathing review?
I’m the first to scream out Dak sucks when Dak goes full Dakota

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Right, but Rocky would be at the head of the line waiting to bash people who blame only Dak for failures. Apparently it's OK to give him all the credit, though, as if the rest of the offense doesn't exist and he's doing everything by himself..
You sound pathetic.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
This new Texas Coast Offense is starting to really hit its stride. Has been since week 4. It looks like Dak has a full grasp of it now. Dak was never the problem with the offense. The scheme was the issue. Predictable and too conservative. Many of us knew that it wasn’t the QB. Dak’s always been a top 5 QB talent. Now, he’s shut up the haters many of whom have totally disappeared. Give MM boukou credit for the changes he’s made.

Looking forward to this tough stretch coming up so the team can shut up the remaining haters. Still tons of them around.
I think Dak is the league MVP this year. Now, what is the “Texas Coast Offense”?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The same which the Cowboys, the Bills, the Commanders (twice) and the Vikings have lit up this season?
Yup, that one. The one that even Mac Jones destroyed. So...you haven't really refuted what @Risen Star and @acr731 said.
The offense hitting its stride exactly when they entered the softest part of their schedule is mere coincidence.
I decided to leave that part alone. It's true, by the way. Rocky's going to be mad enough at us for pointing how he turned a thread about the offense into a Dak thread..
Anyways, Dak has been playing lights out, MVP level football. It's been against some of the worst defenses and overall teams in the league. Both things are true. Still in wait and see mode. We have some games coming up that will likely go down to the wire. Then we'll see.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yup, that one. The one that even Mac Jones destroyed. So...you haven't really refuted what @Risen Star and @acr731 said.

Anyways, Dak has been playing lights out, MVP level football. It's been against some of the worst defenses and overall teams in the league. Both things are true. Still in wait and see mode. We have some games coming up that will likely go down to the wire. Then we'll see.
Yep, at the end of the season nobody's going to determine success/failure on what's gone.
Indeed, we've set up the perfect parameter to judge the team (and Dak's lont term future).....a team that's playing lights out, in a system that suits personnel and with confidence through the roof, but now the pressure starts to ramp up.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep, at the end of the season nobody's going to determine success/failure on what's gone.
Indeed, we've set up the perfect parameter to judge the team (and Dak's lont term future).....a team that's playing lights out, in a system that suits personnel and with confidence through the roof, but now the pressure starts to ramp up.
This team is a great front runner that loves to play the role of playground bully, beating up all the wimpy kids. The past few years they have folded like a cheap suit when they get punched in the gut. So, we'll see.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This new Texas Coast Offense is starting to really hit its stride. Has been since week 4. It looks like Dak has a full grasp of it now. Dak was never the problem with the offense. The scheme was the issue. Predictable and too conservative. Many of us knew that it wasn’t the QB. Dak’s always been a top 5 QB talent. Now, he’s shut up the haters many of whom have totally disappeared. Give MM boukou credit for the changes he’s made.

Looking forward to this tough stretch coming up so the team can shut up the remaining haters. Still tons of them around.
Saying Dak never was the problem is to ignore when Dak very much was part of the problem. Dak still overthrows his receivers with regularity. so don't lie to me by trying to convince me his troubles are in the past. Dak has improved this year over last but he still seems to not see the entire field, not seeing open targets downfield.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Saying Dak never was the problem is to ignore when Dak very much was part of the problem. Dak still overthrows his receivers with regularity. so don't lie to me by trying to convince me his troubles are in the past. Dak has improved this year over last but he still seems to not see the entire field, not seeing open targets downfield.
Not really, did he prove that he was not the problem? Yes he has. Don't worry, the team will go into the playoffs and ready. This time approaching without Dak Prescott holding for kicks and an offensive line molded now by intense period of aggressive teams.

This isn't a preferred poster club...but perspective and discussion.

A win on Thursday and the Cowboys win to 9-3...did he get them there? Just one additional win and Dallas should make Dancing with the Stars.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not really, did he prove that he was not the problem? Yes he has. Don't worry, the team will go into the playoffs and ready. This time approaching without Dak Prescott holding for kicks and an offensive line molded now by intense period of aggressive teams.

This isn't a preferred poster club...but perspective and discussion.

A win on Thursday and the Cowboys win to 9-3...did he get them there? Just one additional win and Dallas should make Dancing with the Stars.
Yes, he still overthrows his downfield targets with regularity. Luckily he connects with CeeDee Lamb enough to cover up his misses to other receivers.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yes, he still overthrows his downfield targets with regularity. Luckily he connects with CeeDee Lamb enough to cover up his misses to other receivers.
Give me some charts or grafs. Except for last season's increase in interceptions, Dak Prescott is known for strong and accurate deep throws. Look up and not generalize with your feelings instead. Here you are inaccurate.

Dak is more protective with some throws. Get a job with Good Morning America and then do that.

(coughing loudly) How are Lamb, Cooks, and Tolvin doing right now?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Give me some charts or grafs. Except for last season's increase in interceptions, Dak Prescott is known for strong and accurate deep throws. Look up and not generalize with your feelings instead. Here you are inaccurate.

Dak is more protective with some throws. Get a job with Good Morning America and then do that.

(coughing loudly) How are Lamb, Cooks, and Tolvin doing right now?
What I am saying is indisputable!! Just watch the game. To deny it is to be blind to the truth. Dak overthrows his targeted receiver sometimes.

LittleD

Reaction score
Guy's...It doesn't matter what Dak does good or bad. The Commish has instructed the Refs that the Cowboys and Jerry will never see a championship game as long as Jerry is the owner of the team. Jerry bucked the Commish too many times and the team can never defeat 6 refs determined to defeat Jerry.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Overthrowing a target or two does not mean "does not see the field". It actually means the opposite. Dak "does see the field", but he will overthrow a target or two just like any other QB does, even the most elite.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What I am saying is indisputable!! Just watch the game. To deny it is to be blind to the truth. Dak overthrows his targeted receiver sometimes.
All QBs do, so stop with the false accusations against Dak when all QBs overthrow their receivers sometimes.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep....we've given the team a chance at some warm ups. Let's go play with the big boys and see how we do!