Texas Longhorns

joseephuss

Reaction score
The talent on this team is severely overrated and they are soft as tissue paper. Malik is a 5 star back but he has no instincts. None. He's an athlete but he's not a football player. Woefully under coached since arriving at Texas. IMO, TH needs to set a tone, everybody's jobs outside of the WR positions are in question. The OL and DL sucked, the LB's sucked, the secondary sucked, as well as Shane. Too indecisive IMO from the QB. How I long for 2000-2009 era to come back.

I don't know how anyone could have watched the last few seasons and overrate them now. I thought it was silly they were ranked 23rd. It wasn't based on anything realistic and only because they though a new coach would make a huge difference in a short amount o ftime. It is going to take a while to fix things if they are indeed able to do so. Keep losing games like today and it makes it even more difficult to get talented players.

StylisticS

Reaction score
My bad, I meant Malik was a 5 star linebacker. That 2015 class is looking very disappointing.

Now he will see on game tape who he can win with. Some of the players does not need to start. Such as Porter at RB. Surely you can do better than that. If Malik does not get it in gear, play Johnson. I think that's exactly what TH will do this week.

joseephuss

Reaction score
When they show the highlights the announcers keep calling the game a shocker. I don't think it was a shocker. Same Texas team.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
All Herman needs to do is get 7 wins and his first year will be a success. Low standards but this team is not good and Charlie Strong's "talent" that he recruited is overrated. Plus, the players have gone through too many changes on offense. Fourth OC in three years, the offense is just a mess with some players on the roster still hanging around recruited to play in both Shawn Watson and Sterlin Gilbert's offense. Herman's first priority was to get the facilities upgraded and they needed it. For a Top-10 program in terms of money, their facilities were VERY outdated. The Texas fans and the boosters won't like it but this will take time...Herman is not Harbaugh and can't turn it around instantly.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
5481d51c9bdc8.image.jpg
Now that right there is funny.....and I am a Horns homer.....btw, watching them play lately is so hard to take. There is no excuse for their suckage.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Herman better get it together quickly or his days at Texas will be numbered.

Phoenix

Reaction score
The defense has only two players, 5 and 46, that's it.

The OL seem to frequently not be able to read who they should be blocking, missing a TON of assignments. It's just ugly to watch this disaster.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
The talent on this team is severely overrated and they are soft as tissue paper. Malik is a 5 star back but he has no instincts. None. He's an athlete but he's not a football player. Woefully under coached since arriving at Texas. IMO, TH needs to set a tone, everybody's jobs outside of the WR positions are in question. The OL and DL sucked, the LB's sucked, the secondary sucked, as well as Shane. Too indecisive IMO from the QB. How I long for 2000-2009 era to come back.

Really disappointing game for the Horns.
Were supposed to be much stronger on D.

TH is a players' coach.
He succeeds with team love, positive reinforcement, repetition, and attention to detail.

He'll continue to recruit well, and UT will get better. But he'll need to show some major X & O expertise in to compete in the Big 12. Could potentially lose to everybody but Baylor (beaten by Liberty, SMH).

More patience needed this year.

StylisticS

Reaction score
All Herman needs to do is get 7 wins and his first year will be a success. Low standards but this team is not good and Charlie Strong's "talent" that he recruited is overrated. Plus, the players have gone through too many changes on offense. Fourth OC in three years, the offense is just a mess with some players on the roster still hanging around recruited to play in both Shawn Watson and Sterlin Gilbert's offense. Herman's first priority was to get the facilities upgraded and they needed it. For a Top-10 program in terms of money, their facilities were VERY outdated. The Texas fans and the boosters won't like it but this will take time...Herman is not Harbaugh and can't turn it around instantly.
to be fair. Jim Harbaugh wasn't Jim Harbaugh when he started his HC career. He had two mediocre seasons at first before he turned it around at Stanford. But point made. Jim is right behind Urban and Nick as the two best in college football today. This is Tom Herman's first time being a head coach at a top conference.

Hardline

Reaction score
And everyone was in a rush to run Mack Brown out of town.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
As bad as the Longhorns were, The Ags just had a monumental 34 point collapse in the second half. One for the ages...

How embarrassing for them... bye bye Sumlin...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
If there's any consolation to the Ags... that last touchdown was not a touchdown...

WR never had control...

StylisticS

Reaction score
If there's any consolation to the Ags... that last touchdown was not a touchdown...

WR never had control...
The way the Aggie defense was playing, UCLA was going to score anyway as it was 1st down.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Any defense that has Malik Jefferson in the middle is a very stupid defense. The guy has zero and I do mean zero instincts to play in the middle. I'll tell you who overated Texas talent, Tom Herman did, he was absolutely shell shocked that they were that bad. Now let's see what he does about it.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Any defense that has Malik Jefferson in the middle is a very stupid defense. The guy has zero and I do mean zero instincts to play in the middle. I'll tell you who overated Texas talent, Tom Herman did, he was absolutely shell shocked that they were that bad. Now let's see what he does about it.
Quite possibly why he was visibly annoyed and shaking in the press conference. He overestimated how talented this team was.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Quite possibly why he was visibly annoyed and shaking in the press conference. He overestimated how talented this team was.
when he first sat down at the post game presser I didn't know if he was going to tear something up or cry, dude was absolutely shell shocked.

Stryker44

Reaction score
to be fair. Jim Harbaugh wasn't Jim Harbaugh when he started his HC career. He had two mediocre seasons at first before he turned it around at Stanford. But point made. Jim is right behind Urban and Nick as the two best in college football today. This is Tom Herman's first time being a head coach at a top conference.

Harbaugh is in over his head man

diefree666

Reaction score

I question how a really good coach could make that fundamental misjudgment.