Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
Time to give the closing duties to Adams or Ogando. Right now, Nathan is the one glaring weakness on this team.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4512969 said:
Nathan got LUCKY there.
This dude is scaring me, No lead is too big:laugh2: He coughed both loses.

Anyway, Rangers wIn
10-2!

MC KAos

Reaction score
so i just went to ESPN.com to check the score of the spurs and thunder games, when i noticed what must be the most ABSURD poll in the long history of stupidity of espn! "is pudge rodriguez a hall of famer?"

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? is carlton fisk or jonny bench a hall of famer? because this guy was just as good in his prime!

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
MC KAos;4513124 said:
so i just went to ESPN.com to check the score of the spurs and thunder games, when i noticed what must be the most ABSURD poll in the long history of stupidity of espn! "is pudge rodriguez a hall of famer?"

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? is carlton fisk or jonny bench a hall of famer? because this guy was just as good in his prime!

Pudge is amazing. I wish he had been a Ranger his entire career. If he doesn't make the hall it would be ridiculous.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
In honor of Hambone's awesome start to the season:

ham-man.gif

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
Although I don't actually get to see the game, I follow the gamecast religiously. It looks as if Yu Darvish is showing the potential JD and NR saw in him. 6.0 IP, 2H, 1ER, 4BB, 4 SO. Once he gets fixes those walks, he is very capable of being a up-and-coming pitcher.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Right now, the Rangers are playing as well as any team I've ever seen. They are absolutely DESTROYING one of the top 4 teams in baseball in their yard.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
It's great to be a Rangers fan right now. I hope to sit back and relax all season and just enjoy winning. I'm hoping for 100 wins at least.

This team and organization deserves a title. I hope they can get it done.

They are set up to be contenders for years to come.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Nolan Ryan has proven he knows his stuff...

This team is built for years to come... hopefully we aren't the Braves of the 90's...

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Another solid start by Yu. Still has some control problems with all the walks but that will probably be an issue all season long. It was genius to ease him into the MLB by making him a #4 starter though. The offense should be able to help him out every start facing other team's #4 starters.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4514507 said:
Another solid start by Yu. Still has some control problems with all the walks but that will probably be an issue all season long. It was genius to ease him into the MLB by making him a #4 starter though. The offense should be able to help him out every start facing other team's #4 starters.

Yu will work through them I think... when he is on, he has some of the nastiest pitches I have ever seen...

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
trickblue;4514500 said:

This team is built for years to come... hopefully we aren't the Braves of the 90's...

Enjoy the ride as long as you can, is what I say.

I just hope the team stays fun and I hope the fans don't become anxious like they so quickly became with the Mavericks.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
trickblue;4514512 said:
Yu will work through them I think... when he is on, he has some of the nastiest pitches I have ever seen...

That guy can make people look silly. He just doesn't have command of his 4 seamer right now it seems. Some nice gifs of his strikeouts:

1fwzl.gif
9AJbx.gif

1DUR0.gif
zefXg.gif

1ZxXj.gif

juck

Reaction score
trickblue;4514500 said:

Nolan is the anti Jerry.