Texas Rangers 2013 Thread

sideon

Reaction score
Not buying any of it. The Rangers are in the same boat the 06-11 Mavs were in, and until they win a WS they'll always have that game 7 monkey on their back.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Rangers shelled the White Sox tonight.
That is the 21st straight game that they have help their opponent to 5 runs or less.
22games over .500 and now a 3.5 game lead over a stubborn Oakland club.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Rangers shelled the White Sox tonight.
That is the 21st straight game that they have help their opponent to 5 runs or less.
22games over .500 and now a 3.5 game lead over a stubborn Oakland club.

pissed_sale_medium.gif

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Rangers have a top 3 best road record in the MLB, but an average home record. I think the road record is more important than a home record.

Ren

Reaction score
This team is so streaky and that has me a bit worried they'll go cold again. I wish Oakland would go away and give us a little more breathing room just in case

RamziD

Reaction score
He hasn't been pitching that great and I don't see us wanting his services (for the amount of $$ he's going to demand) after this season. We needed a pitcher for the stretch run and Garza was the best one out there so kudos to Jon Daniels for making the move. I don't mind losing Olt or Grimm...Edwards may eventually hurt but we need to worry about getting to the WS this year. Hopefully Garza can pitch a little better for us the next 2 months, but he's not a 1-2 guy like the media was making him out to be.

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not lol. I think Garza is doing OK with relatively high strikeout rates per game but a high earned run rate as well.[/quote

RamziD

Reaction score
Thanks to the Astros, Texas is up 1/2 game on Oakland with 23 left in the season. It hasn't been pretty (especially on offense), but it looks like it is going to be another neck and neck finish with the A's this year for the division. Garza on the mound today and he pitched very well his last outing. Also, Elvis is back in the lineup which will hopefully lift up the team a bit. Another exciting season...go Rangers!

Ren

Reaction score
time to stick a fork in the rangers? it's looking like 2012 all over again right now

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Rangers are done. This is like watching the Mavs after the 2006 Finals...nothing but choke jobs and decent regular seasons only to fizzle at the end.

Kristen82

Reaction score
Kudos for having held the division lead for a while, but I get how they can choke 2 years in a row. On offense, aside from maybe 3 or 4 hitters everyone else absolutely blows - Andrus (way to only start hitting 4 months into the season), the overhyped Martin, Kinsler, Moreland, Murphy, Profar etc. Pitching-wise, Holland, Garza and Perez is a really shaky 2-4. Think the talent on this team was overrated this year and we're living off the glories of seasons past. Was easy to predict a 90-year old Berkman wouldn't have lasted an entire season - what a stupid pickup by a suddenly cheap penny-pinching team. Add to that an empty farm system at AA and above which means we won't be able to replenish the roster from within like we've been able to in years past, and we might be on the start of a long decline.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I posted in the Rangers thread, but I just want to say I was 100% right about this team.

Hopefully this collapse finally costs Ron his job. It's not the only thing wrong with the Rangers but its a start, at least.

Ren

Reaction score
At least they had the decency to wait for football season to collapse so we can all go "meh baseball"

RamziD

Reaction score
At least they had the decency to wait for football season to collapse so we can all go "meh baseball"

Baseball is never "meh" to me, but if the Rangers lose today and go 6.5 games back then the division title is pretty much out of reach. Yu pitching Cy Young worthy and our offense not able to do anything... that about sums up the season for us.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Baseball is never "meh" to me, but if the Rangers lose today and go 6.5 games back then the division title is pretty much out of reach. Yu pitching Cy Young worthy and our offense not able to do anything... that about sums up the season for us.

I bet Yu does a lot of cursing in Japanese when he plays so well & the team does nothing to help him.