Texas Rangers 2013 Thread

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Hard to believe! I said they were done. Good for them but really they are to blame for even bring in this position.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I really thought they were done. Win 7 straight to close out the season sweeping Houston and LAA. They get Cruz back as well.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Rays bringing them back to reality. The Rangers just own the Astros and Angels every year so they blew it by not taking care of business weeks ago.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I never understood the over-celebrating in the MLB playoffs...and this isn't even technically considered the playoffs yet. The big celebrations should only be reserved for winning the division, winning the AL/NL pennant, and winning the World Series. The Rays make the play-in game and they're breaking out Postseason 2013 t-shirts o_O

Austin 3-16

Reaction score
The team won 91 games. Finished 8th in runs and 10th in ERA. Thats a playoff team isnt it? MLB is cut throat!

ologan

Reaction score
Hard to believe! I said they were done. Good for them but really they are to blame for even bring in this position.

Yeah, they are. Oh but for the want of one more win in the season.......Opening game of the season.......Vaunted Rangers against the worst team in the majors, the Astros....................Nuff said!

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I was just thinking that you can bet those guys thought about the games they let get away because they only needed one.

It's frustrating & their own fault. They sucked when it counted most.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was just thinking that you can bet those guys thought about the games they let get away because they only needed one.

It's frustrating & their own fault. They sucked when it counted most.

Yeah all it took was one more win.

But really look at the advantages they had this season with having the worst team in the majors being plunked right down in their division to feast off of for 19 games. Without the Astros the Rangers wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, they are. Oh but for the want of one more win in the season.......Opening game of the season.......Vaunted Rangers against the worst team in the majors, the Astros....................Nuff said!

Before the season started I wondered if this team peaked two years ago or was it going to take it to the next level because they were going to have the opportunity of playing the very worst team in the MLB a whole bunch of times in order to fatten their record.

And this was before the Angels fell apart.

In other words if this team was going to win the entire thing it was going to be this season.

By the time the beginning of August rolled around it was plain to see that while they could beat up the weak sisters of the division this team didn't have the talent to win a championship this year.

The window is closing.

After winning 44 of 57 games vs Houston, the Angels and Seattle this season... I wouldn't look for a repeat of that next year.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah all it took was one more win.

But really look at the advantages they had this season with having the worst team in the majors being plunked right down in their division to feast off of for 19 games. Without the Astros the Rangers wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs.

I had not thought of that. They need to take a good long look at themselves.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had not thought of that. They need to take a good long look at themselves.

If someone had asked prior to the start of the season... "OK Ranger fans, if the Rangers had 44 wins in 57 games (a .772 winning percentage) vs the Astros, Halos and Mariners, what would be the chances of winning 100 games?"

Considering that they would have only needed to win 56 out of their other 105 games (.533 winning percentage), I would think most would have said the Rangers chances of winning 100 games was pretty good.

Obviously that didn't happen... by a longshot.

Bottom line is that it's a team with some talent, but it's got some holes.

But next season you know the pickings won't be as easy when it comes to the other teams in the division.

For the Rangers to get back to the playoffs they are going to have to seriously upgrade their talent.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
If someone had asked prior to the start of the season... "OK Ranger fans, if the Rangers had 44 wins in 57 games (a .772 winning percentage) vs the Astros, Halos and Mariners, what would be the chances of winning 100 games?"

Considering that they would have only needed to win 56 out of their other 105 games (.533 winning percentage), I would think most would have said the Rangers chances of winning 100 games was pretty good.

Obviously that didn't happen... by a longshot.

Bottom line is that it's a team with some talent, but it's got some holes.

But next season you know the pickings won't be as easy when it comes to the other teams in the division.

For the Rangers to get back to the playoffs they are going to have to seriously upgrade their talent.

I am anxious to see what they do but my baseball knowledge is rudimentary. I've caught a few Braves games here in ATL.

I like the Rangers but they are bigger heartbreakers fan wise than the Cowboys. They are missing something. I just don't know enough about bb to know what it is. To me they choke!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the Rangers but they are bigger heartbreakers fan wise than the Cowboys. They are missing something. I just don't know enough about bb to know what it is. To me they choke!

LOL!

I don't think they choked.

I just don't think they are/were good enough.

They are/were a good team. Just not a very good team.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Rangers had a good season.

Suffered tons of injuries early then the Cruz ban and still went 20 games over .500.
Good overall job of keeping it together and maximizing a fairly built club.
Didn't sacrifice the minor league studs to get this far. Good job of managing resources and maximizing results.

This team wasn't set up to win this year. This is a team with lots of great youth and lots of resources left unspent.

Rangers fans have grown to take 90 wins for granted which says a lot for how well this club is run.

Look for another solid international addition; (boy how good would the Cuban 1B look here?) and another 90 win type team next season.

Coming back with Darvish, Perez, Holland et al is a nice place to be. Ogando/Tep as long man. Who knows if Nefti gets it back but if he does what a good 8th inning man that could grow into shutdown closer. I'd flip Kinsler for an overpaid but quality hitting outfielder if I could.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Rangers had a good season.

Suffered tons of injuries early then the Cruz ban and still went 20 games over .500.
Good overall job of keeping it together and maximizing a fairly built club.
Didn't sacrifice the minor league studs to get this far. Good job of managing resources and maximizing results.

This team wasn't set up to win this year. This is a team with lots of great youth and lots of resources left unspent.

Rangers fans have grown to take 90 wins for granted which says a lot for how well this club is run.

Look for another solid international addition; (boy how good would the Cuban 1B look here?) and another 90 win type team next season.

Coming back with Darvish, Perez, Holland et al is a nice place to be. Ogando/Tep as long man. Who knows if Nefti gets it back but if he does what a good 8th inning man that could grow into shutdown closer. I'd flip Kinsler for an overpaid but quality hitting outfielder if I could.

Your post made me feel a little better for them.