Texas Rangers Thread

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Yeah Tommy Hunter is going to be out an extra 3 weeks. That's a blow. We need help in our bull pen though, big time. I have little to faith in Olive, Rhodes and O'day. Rhodes has been ok. Strop, I like Strop. Nefty is our closer, and he also said he never wants to start.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
He was great, not sure whats up with his blister situation though.

Also, according to ESPN Dallas, Bourbon to the DL...which makes our entire outfield on the DL.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Oh yeah, DARREN OLIVER BLOWS IT. AGAIN.

Can we just end baseball season already?

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
DIAF;3950335 said:

I hate our bullpen, at this point I'm ready to see young guys blow it rather than Oliver and Rhodes out there.

dback

Reaction score
To me, the worst part about Darren Oliver's performance yesterday was that atrocious walk to Abreu. I mean, so what if Abreu checked his swing on one far outside pitch. That doesn't mean you throw that same pitch two more times to walk him and bring up a hot hitter. Ugh.

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
DIAF;3950335 said:

Can we just end his baseball season already?

Fixed it. The guy has just been useless from last years playoffs to now.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Went to the game today, and actually got sunburned. I don't know how people can sit in 96 degree weather to watch sports. Props to those that do it. I can't be out all day in that kind of weather without some sort of pool, or water to splash in.

Fun day.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Rynie;3950727 said:
Went to the game today, and actually got sunburned. I don't know how people can sit in 96 degree weather to watch sports. Props to those that do it. I can't be out all day in that kind of weather without some sort of pool, or water to splash in.

Fun day.

Cool man, I actually went to the game too. Pretty good game and amazing weather, we were actually under some shade so it was even better.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Sometimes I like Wash, other times I'm left scratching my head. Chavez batting lead off? Really? Also in the 8th I pinch hit for both Napoli and Chavez. Torealba has a better bat right now and is a better catcher for defense in the 9th and Napoli was 0-3 on the day. And then Chavez should have been pinch hit for by Mitch, you lose a little defense for the 9th, but with the bases loaded I want Moreland up there. Just my opinion of course.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Squeeze play with the bases loaded? I think not. :bang2:

With an inexperienced player to boot. Hey, lets bunt it straight back to the pitcher!

Well, maybe he was just making it so that he couldn't hit into a double play. :laugh2:

Stautner

Reaction score
DIAF;3950335 said:

It's a long season and teams are hot and cold throughout. Last year the Rangers basically rode an amazing hot streak in June all the way to the playoffs.

That said, obviously the bullpen has to be shored up, and we need to get healthy. Hamilton spends time on the DL every year, and Cruz is starting to look as if he is following the same path.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Colby Lewis is back? Complete game shutout. First of his career. Rangers win 4-0. Colby! :bow:

dback

Reaction score
Colby Lewis FTW!!! Outstanding game. We really needed something like this, what a great thing to build on.

Stautner

Reaction score
DIAF;3950335 said:

2 days after this post and the Rangers are in 1st place.

You have to be the most negative fan around. One poor pitching performance means a player is imploding despite the fact that all pitchers have ups and downs over the course of a season. A short rough patch for the team while 2 of their star players are out means the season is over despite the fact that the season is 162 games long and every team is going to have ups and downs over that time. The baseball seeaons is a marathon, not a sprint. It's as if you've never bothered to pay attention to how things work in baseball.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Stautner;3951831 said:
2 days after this post and the Rangers are in 1st place.

You have to be the most negative fan around. One poor pitching performance means a player is imploding despite the fact that all pitchers have ups and downs over the course of a season. A short rough patch for the team while 2 of their star players are out means the season is over despite the fact that the season is 162 games long and every team is going to have ups and downs over that time. The baseball seeaons is a marathon, not a sprint. It's as if you've never bothered to pay attention to how things work in baseball.
:muttley:
I bit my tongue on that "end of season" post. Baseball is not a spot for those lacking patience.

Anyway, he did touch on a point; we absolutely must address our bullpen at some point.
If we do (and maybe even if we don't) I like our chances in the West once the team gets healthy.