Texas Rangers Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The way the Rangers have been pitching lately, I have ZERO faith they win this game. I feel terrible just for feeling that way too. :(

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
nyc;3974495 said:
The way the Rangers have been pitching lately, I have ZERO faith they win this game. I feel terrible just for feeling that way too. :(

I have never lost that feeling, haha. I had it all of last year as well. Kirkman doing well though.

dback

Reaction score
Kirkman throws two solid innings. The game is going into the 12th with Kinsler, Andrus, and Hamilton due up.

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;3974495 said:

I agree - been damn discouraging lately. At least CJ threw a strong game, but the bullpen scares me.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
dback;3974507 said:
Kirkman throws two solid innings. The game is going into the 12th with Kinsler, Andrus, and Hamilton due up.

Jeez, that was quick.

dback

Reaction score
Equally discouraging has been our hitting. Except for the victory against Minny, our hitting has been pitiful on this road trip. We have not been able to take advantage of base runners and it just seems like our hitting is off.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
dback;3974518 said:
Equally discouraging has been our hitting. Except for the victory against Minny, our hitting has been pitiful on this road trip. We have not been able to take advantage of base runners and it just seems like our hitting is off.

It has been off alot this year. There doesn't seem to be any clutch hitting lately.

Tex just went 0-6

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I hate playing the Yankees. Always have to play the umpires as well. BS call.

Stautner

Reaction score
dback;3974518 said:

This is the way the Rangers are - even last year. They go through big hot and cold streaks. They can go through spells where they threaten double digits every game, and other spells where they are lucky to score just a few runs. The key last year was the pitching was much more dependable than in the past.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Stautner;3974528 said:
This is the way the Rangers are - even last year. They go through big hot and cold streaks. They can go through spells where they threaten double digits every game, and other spells where they are lucky to score just a few runs. The key last year was the pitching was much more dependable than in the past.

I'm curious. I've never really payed attention to the flow of other teams. Because I just watch the Rangers every year. Do they go through crazy streaks like the Rangers?

I feel we can make the playoffs, but not any further.

Stautner

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3974536 said:
I'm curious. I've never really payed attention to the flow of other teams. Because I just watch the Rangers every year. Do they go through crazy streaks like the Rangers?

I feel we can make the playoffs, but not any further.

No doubt they all go through streaks - it's a long season full of ebbs and flows for everyone. Whether the streaks are as dramactic for others as with the Rangers is an interesting question.

I know people and the media have often talked about the Rangers averaging so many runs a game they should always be in it, but I've never really felt that their average was that telling because it has seemed to me it is built more on big swings than on consistency.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Stautner;3974544 said:
No doubt they all go through streaks - it's a long season full of ebbs and flows for everyone. Whether the streaks are as dramactic for others as with the Rangers is an interesting question.

I know people and the media have often talked about the Rangers averaging so many runs a game they should always be in it, but I've never really felt that their average was that telling because it has seemed to me it is built more on big swings than on consistency.

I agree with that. It seems we will score 8 for a few games, and then only manage a few runs for the next few games.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well whatever the problems....I'm going to see them play the Twins on July 27th and I'm super excited! Go Rangers!

Stautner

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3974621 said:
Well whatever the problems....I'm going to see them play the Twins on July 27th and I'm super excited! Go Rangers!

I'll be there 2 days before you.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
JLAZeroSeven;3974665 said:

LOL!

Yankees, Knicks, NY Rangers.....Dallas Cowboys?

How does an all New York sports fan decide to like the Dallas Cowboys instead of the Giants or Jets?

Alumni2k11

Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)
Reaction score
haha, I get that all the time. I was raised a Cowboys fan from both parents. Then spent some time living in NY later on.

Besides, Jets and Giants are in NJ :-D