Texas Rangers Thread

Stautner

Reaction score
TheCowboy;3980216 said:
We should sign Dirk to pitch for us.

Not so sure about that - of course if everyone was as tall as him that pitch would be closer to a strike.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Stautner;3980219 said:
Not so sure about that - of course if everyone was as tall as him that pitch would be closer to a strike.

He let her fly, that's for sure! Looked like was having fun!

He said that no matter what, he didn't want to bounce it. Have to agree: better to let 'er rip and come in high than look like a little wuss up there.

See exhibit A: John Wall. :laugh2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7lbIpglbuQ

gmoney112

Reaction score
The Rangers are infuriating. How to be down 1-0 in the first off 2 infield singles? Just ask the Rangers.

gmoney112

Reaction score
And another terrible call by the Umps with 0 outs. Michael Young is called out at third when he wasn't tagged. Would have been bases loaded with no outs. Still 5-3 game but I can't watch this anymore. Just abysmal.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
The refs singlehandedly had a large effect on the outcome of this game. Sad to say as well because Holland did not pitch terribly, but the numbers will not reflect that. Also send Teagarden back down, he cost us two runs by having a past ball and not catching a throw home from Beltre.

Stautner

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3980686 said:
The refs singlehandedly had a large effect on the outcome of this game. Sad to say as well because Holland did not pitch terribly, but the numbers will not reflect that. Also send Teagarden back down, he cost us two runs by having a past ball and not catching a throw home from Beltre.

I never worry about a querstionable call, but when there are multiple questionable calls - in fact calls that clearly were wrong - you have to feel cheated. The Rangers definitely got a bad deal in this game.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Stautner;3980902 said:
I never worry about a querstionable call, but when there are multiple questionable calls - in fact calls that clearly were wrong - you have to feel cheated. The Rangers definitely got a bad deal in this game.

I agree with you. Usually I just take them as they go. But that was the worst game I have ever seen called.

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
The defense as well as the relief pitching need major work in order to meet the expectations for this team. Just a shame because Wash preaches defense and its dead last in the AL.

Stautner

Reaction score
WDN;3981004 said:
The defense as well as the relief pitching need major work in order to meet the expectations for this team. Just a shame because Wash preaches defense and its dead last in the AL.

I didn't realize we were last in defense - that is a discouraging point.

The relief pitching is terrible. That's been an achilles heal all year. Starting pitching has faltered some of late. Not unexpected with the somewhat unproven and inexperienced guys we have been counting on, but overall they have been very good so far and hopefully this is just a bit of a roadblock that goes with a long season, and they will get past it and back to form.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
I have been quiet the last couple of weeks but I gotta let it out

lasdjklfjlasjlsadjflkasjdflkjsadfkljsadlfjslajflsadjfklsajdflksjadflkjsal
asdfasd
fasd
fasd
fs
adfjlasjd
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

ok. I feel better now.

Hooooooooooooooooooooooly crap, this team SUCKS. Derek Holland is infuriating, the book on Ogando is getting out, and the bullpen are a bunch of pyromaniacs standing around with gasoline cans and matchbooks. About the only good thing that is happening is that Matt Harrison is making me look foolish (although I still think he's the luckiest pitcher in the AL).

Article on mlbtr today about the Rangers being interested in Beltran and K-Rod. Can you imagine Beltran in this lineup (assuming he doesn't get hurt again)? Holy crap.

No thanks to K-Rod, however. He not only comes with a gas can under his left arm, but one under his right and one strapped to his back as well.

T.R. Sullivan says Rangers looking at options with Ogando.

Rangers discussing Ogando options

ARLINGTON -- The Rangers plan to discuss various options with pitcher Alexi Ogando. Right now, manager Ron Washington said the Rangers are planning on him making his next start on Friday against the Marlins.

The club could push Ogando back to Saturday to give him an extra day of rest. The Rangers could also skip him in the rotation and let David Bush make a spot start.

"We're certainly discussing a lot of things," Washington said. "We haven't put any plan in place yet. Right now, he's going to get his next start."

Ogando switched from the bullpen to the rotation this season, and was 7-0 with a 2.10 ERA in his first 12 starts. He is 0-3 with a 9.31 ERA in his last three starts. Washington said one option not being discussed is moving Ogando back to the bullpen.

He may get extra rest, but the Rangers, at this time, intend to keep Ogando in the rotation.

"It doesn't have anything to do with the bullpen," Washington said. "We have a few days to come together on something."

That's too bad. It ought to be an option. No matter if you are in the DIAF-camp on Ogando or the Stautner-camp, I think all parties can agree that he would be far more useful in the pen once Hunter returns (unless a trade is made for bullpen relief). You absolutely cannot continue to run Rhodes and Oliver out there in high-leverage situations. Removing Holland from the rotation would seem to make the most sense looking at the numbers, but in reality leaving him there would probably hurt a lot less than continuing to rely on Rhodes/Oliver/Lowe

Oh yeah.

YEAR

OF

THE

UMPS.

Stautner

Reaction score
DIAF;3981129 said:
I have been quiet the last couple of weeks but I gotta let it out

lasdjklfjlasjlsadjflkasjdflkjsadfkljsadlfjslajflsadjfklsajdflksjadflkjsal
asdfasd
fasd
fasd
fs
adfjlasjd
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

ok. I feel better now.

Hooooooooooooooooooooooly crap, this team SUCKS. Derek Holland is infuriating, the book on Ogando is getting out, and the bullpen are a bunch of pyromaniacs standing around with gasoline cans and matchbooks. About the only good thing that is happening is that Matt Harrison is making me look foolish (although I still think he's the luckiest pitcher in the AL).

Article on mlbtr today about the Rangers being interested in Beltran and K-Rod. Can you imagine Beltran in this lineup (assuming he doesn't get hurt again)? Holy crap.

No thanks to K-Rod, however. He not only comes with a gas can under his left arm, but one under his right and one strapped to his back as well.

T.R. Sullivan says Rangers looking at options with Ogando.

That's too bad. It ought to be an option. No matter if you are in the DIAF-camp on Ogando or the Stautner-camp, I think all parties can agree that he would be far more useful in the pen once Hunter returns (unless a trade is made for bullpen relief). You absolutely cannot continue to run Rhodes and Oliver out there in high-leverage situations. Removing Holland from the rotation would seem to make the most sense looking at the numbers, but in reality leaving him there would probably hurt a lot less than continuing to rely on Rhodes/Oliver/Lowe

Oh yeah.

YEAR

OF

THE

UMPS.

Not sure about the trade idea for Beltran and K-Rod, neither of whom are the same player they once were. Depends on what we would have to give up.

As for Ogando, bullpen has to be a consideration given his recent struggles starting and the sad state of the bullpen, but I think the Rangers are doing the right thing keeping him in the rotation for now. He's been too good as a starter to give up on just yet, but knowing how much help the bullpen needs the leash will likely be that much shorter on him.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Stautner;3981144 said:
Not sure about the trade idea for Beltran and K-Rod, neither of whom are the same player they once were. Depends on what we would have to give up.

While its true we won't be getting 30/20 from Beltran, his numbers this year are excellent. He's hitting well and if he hits 4th or 5th in this lineup, yowza. The Rangers OF outside of Hambone and Cruz Missile have been a major disappointment this year, there's no way around that. But I think that's going a "wouldn't it be nice if.." deal. Rangers #1 deal will be for bullpen help.

I also saw the news where Jon Daniels is overseas scouting Yu Darvish.

Let me be the first to say

OH PLEASE GOD PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

let this happen for 2012..........

Stautner

Reaction score
DIAF;3981154 said:
While its true we won't be getting 30/20 from Beltran, his numbers this year are excellent. He's hitting well and if he hits 4th or 5th in this lineup, yowza. The Rangers OF outside of Hambone and Cruz Missile have been a major disappointment this year, there's no way around that. But I think that's going a "wouldn't it be nice if.." deal. Rangers #1 deal will be for bullpen help.

I also saw the news where Jon Daniels is overseas scouting Yu Darvish.

Let me be the first to say

OH PLEASE GOD PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

let this happen for 2012..........

I agree Beltran would be a nice addition, but given his age and injury problems in recent years I would want to be careful not to give up too much and hurt our chances for success in the future.

K-Rod could be valuable as a set up man - not sure he can still close though. Given Neftali's problems we could still find ourselves struggling in teh pen.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Just want to add, Young AL player of the week. I'm so glad we didn't trade him.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
CJ Wilson with the triple! 1-1 in the 3rd

Side note: Anyone know why WDN was banned?

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3982104 said:
CJ Wilson with the triple! 1-1 in the 3rd

Side note: Anyone know why WDN was banned?

Go look at the footloose thread in OT. He and some other guy were asking for it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I would pass on both Beltran and K-rod. Krod is a head case and Beltran is getting old, isn't the player he used to be and above all he hasn't played a complete season since 2008.

Puff, Puff, Pass on both. ;)