Texas Rangers Thread

Stautner

Reaction score
jimmy40;3975763 said:
absolutely sick play
[youtube]x6krZb7hDfA[/youtube]

I laughed - on top of it being damn tough to be as accurate as he was, it's amazing he was able to get enough behind the ball to get it there in time.

Stautner

Reaction score
Team is struggling. Bullpen failed, but hard to blame them to much when the team only scores 2 runs.

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
Stautner;3976394 said:
Team is struggling. Bullpen failed, but hard to blame them to much when the team only scores 2 runs.

We are poised to go on a run, though. 15 of the next 18 at home all against sub 500 teams and only road trip in that stretch is at Houston.

Besides we don't fare well against the twins (who are on one amazing hot streak) and new York in new York. Taking 2 from Atlanta is a good thing, though.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
WDN;3976478 said:
We are poised to go on a run, though. 15 of the next 18 at home all against sub 500 teams and only road trip in that stretch is at Houston.

Besides we don't fare well against the twins (who are on one amazing hot streak) and new York in new York. Taking 2 from Atlanta is a good thing, though.

Yeah, I'm not worried. Just frustrating to watch as a fan.

Stautner

Reaction score
WDN;3976478 said:

That's a good look ahead - I hadn't looked at that yet. Taking 2 from Atlanta was a good thing, although Atlanta errors helped us a quite a bit.

cowboyeric8;3976579 said:
Yeah, I'm not worried. Just frustrating to watch as a fan.

That's really the right outlook. Some that post in this thread tend to look at down moments as ominous signs of certain doom rather than part of the natural ups and downs of a long 162 game season. The thing that made this down moment a little harder to take is that we had serious struggles with our starting pitching in several games, which really hasn't happened this year. The poor starting performances had pretty much been spread out most of the season. But, that just happens. For now the standard set most of the season has to be thought of as the norm, and the short span where starters struggled as the anomoly.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Nice to play the Astros to get everything back on track.

Mitch Moreland walk off blast!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3977833 said:

Glad I stayed up to see it last night too! :)

RobK26

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3977833 said:

I love it when he gets ahold of one, his first of many walk-offs in the bigs I'm sure. I think Mitch is the real deal

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
RobK26;3978182 said:
I love it when he gets ahold of one, his first of many walk-offs in the bigs I'm sure. I think Mitch is the real deal

I said this the first time I saw his swing. He reminds me of Palmeiro.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
RobK26;3978182 said:

His play in the playoffs had me sold.

Stautner

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3978349 said:
His play in the playoffs had me sold.

His play in the playoffs had me excited, but it takes more than a small sample to sell me. His play this year is what sealed the deal. I suppose there is still the possibility that he may not pan out as well as I think over the long run, but he has more and more success the odds of him failing dro further and futher.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Harrison threw a good game. Our offense was once again beasting it.

I would love for us to get k-rod in our bullpen.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
gmoney112;3980199 said:

k-rod is a nutcase.

Stautner

Reaction score
gmoney112;3980199 said:

Looks like some on here were premature in reporting Harrison's demise as a starting pitcher. He'as no ace by any stretch, but he's sure looking like a darn good back of the rotation guy.