Texas Rangers Thread

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I'm loving Rangers baseball right now. I know we haven't played a good team in this streak, but still. Everything seems to be working right now, sadly the Angels keep winning as well.

The Cobra is doing work tonight.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Corleone;3993883 said:
I just went last Friday, saw my first live grand slam, it was awesome!

Holland was just incredible last night, I'm glad he has done what everybody thought he could do.

I guess Colby is pitching because CJ and Ogando went to the allstar game but CJ pitched an inning and Ogando only got two outs. Wont this mess up the pitching order?

i doubt it. They can correct the order at a later date, probably after the next off day. Any rest for Ogando though should be welcome - he's in uncharted territory innings-wise (for him).

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3995332 said:
Make it 11!

If they could make it 14 they would be sitting very pretty.

At that point, I couldn't see them losing that lead.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and be happy with 2 outta 3 though.

gmoney112

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3995332 said:
Make it 11!

If they could make it 14 they would be sitting very pretty.

That would mean sweeping the Angels. Big series for us here, our schedule isn't exactly a cakewalk the rest of the season.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
14 straight is the current Rangers record. I remember when they did it. The media hardly said a word about them doing it. Then later in the year, the Twins also won 14 straight and you would have thought they had already won the World Series. (of course, they did end up winning the World Series that year anyhow)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
gmoney112;3995386 said:
That would mean sweeping the Angels. Big series for us here, our schedule isn't exactly a cakewalk the rest of the season.

I haven't looked at it, but they said it at least starts off much easier than the first half of the season was.

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;3995414 said:
14 straight is the current Rangers record. I remember when they did it. The media hardly said a word about them doing it. Then later in the year, the Twins also won 14 straight and you would have thought they had already won the World Series. (of course, they did end up winning the World Series that year anyhow)

Of course in the past the Twins had shown that they had the potential to be contenders for the post season and to do well in the post season, and the Rangers had not, so I can understand there was a tendency to just blow of the Rangers 14 games as a fluke.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;3995611 said:
Of course in the past the Twins had shown that they had the potential to be contenders for the post season and to do well in the post season, and the Rangers had not, so I can understand there was a tendency to just blow of the Rangers 14 games as a fluke.

A 14 game winning streak is just as impressive as a 14 game winning streak.

The difference was, the Rangers were not a newsworthy team.

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;3995820 said:
A 14 game winning streak is just as impressive as a 14 game winning streak.

The difference was, the Rangers were not a newsworthy team.

That's really what I was saying, but just going a step further. The Twins are clearly not in a bigger media market, so what made them more newsworthy is that there were greater expectations for them at the time than for the Rangers. It was the implication that made the difference - for the Twins it could have been viewed as a springboard to big things for the season, whereas at the time for the Rangers the expectation was that they would still fade away like always.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Big series tonight. Chatwood is a rookie who's been underwhelming lately. Our bats could end this early.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
gmoney112;3997310 said:
Big series tonight. Chatwood is a rookie who's been underwhelming lately. Our bats could end this early.

Especially with how hot the bats have been. Ogando is also well rested, just get on them early and never let up.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Rangers win again! 7-0. Ogando with another great night. Chavez, Hamilton, and Beltre all going deep. Josh hit his half way across California.

12 in a row!

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
pinball-o.gif

You know you wanna sing along.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
oh hai bad holland

been a while since we've seen you round these parts.