Texas Rangers Thread

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
nyc;4002457 said:
I don't get how time of day matters... I think Josh Hamilton is hitting like .110 during the day?!?!? It never affected me.

This is what I don't get. I'm sure in high school and the minors he had to play alot of day games, but still tore it up. I have bright blue eyes and I preferred day games over night games, I couldn't stand the lights. Granted I'm not in the majors or was ever close.

I would just sit him during day games, he rarely makes contact with the ball. It's weird.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Give me Heath Bell! He will make this team a lot better. Bell and Felix will be epic.

Apparently we front runners for both Bell and Beltran, I dont know why we are so interested in Beltran though. The Mets have asked him to return next year and they want prospects for him, not worth the rental because our offense is fine imo. If we get a deal deal, fine.

gmoney112

Reaction score
nyc;4003031 said:
Yes, I do.

My blue eyes are very photosensitive. I live in Texas and I have to wear shades outside or I have to squint.

Rangers are absolutely pounding the Twins. It's 14-1 in the 4th.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
gmoney112;4003931 said:
My blue eyes are very photosensitive. I live in Texas and I have to wear shades outside or I have to squint.

Rangers are absolutely pounding the Twins. It's 14-1 in the 4th.

If someone takes a picture of me that uses flash, my eyes are always closed in the picture. Though, once my eyes are used to the brightness during the day; I have no problem seeing.

I didn't get to see last nights game as I was asleep before 8pm EST. (damn I was tired!) The good thing is I have MLB.tv, I can replay it today! :laugh2:

gmoney112

Reaction score
nyc;4004501 said:
If someone takes a picture of me that uses flash, my eyes are always closed in the picture. Though, once my eyes are used to the brightness during the day; I have no problem seeing.

I didn't get to see last nights game as I was asleep before 8pm EST. (damn I was tired!) The good thing is I have MLB.tv, I can replay it today! :laugh2:

Pay close attention. They actually bring in their Right Fielder to pitch at one point. He has a career ERA of 0.00 :laugh2:

dback

Reaction score
Neftali Feliz is sooooo good. Once again, our bullpen comes through.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I have zero trust in Feliz anymore. He has no confidence on the mound. Bell would be a nice trade.

gmoney112

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4007378 said:
I have zero trust in Feliz anymore. He has no confidence on the mound. Bell would be a nice trade.

Feliz is Washington's golden boy for whatever reason. He is just bad this year.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Feliz belongs in the rotation. End of story.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Our bullpen really annoys the hell out of me sometimes. Rangers need to get Heath Bell in here ASAP. Lock him up for next season too of possible. Let him close if Feliz cant handle it anymore.

Even adding Bell probably wont completely fix our pen but it would be an amazing start.

Stautner

Reaction score
DIAF;4007417 said:
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Feliz belongs in the rotation. End of story.

His biggest problem in the pen is toomuch reliance on the fastball. Not sure that problem would be minimized in the rotation. Then again, maybe it would. It's not that he has a bad curveball, maybe he and the team just fees that in a single inning he can't afford to fool around with anything other than his best pitch, and maybe as a starter they will use his other pitches to set a tone along with the curveball. Maybe I'm just guessing.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Not a great game. Still 2 games ahead of the Angels. Our schedule is brutal too.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
The Rangers and Padres are in serious talks for Heath Bell.

Hell yeah. We really need this guy, much much more than we needed Beltran. Let's make it happen.

Stautner

Reaction score
Corleone;4012683 said:
The Rangers and Padres are in serious talks for Heath Bell.

Hell yeah. We really need this guy, much much more than we needed Beltran. Let's make it happen.

I agree. Bell could be huge for this team. Bell has said he would be willing to be a set up man for a contender, but I would rather see him as the closer. He doesn't have any more talent than Feliz, but I think he has a better understanding of how to pitch.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;4012765 said:
I agree. Bell could be huge for this team. Bell has said he would be willing to be a set up man for a contender, but I would rather see him as the closer. He doesn't have any more talent than Feliz, but I think he has a better understanding of how to pitch.

If Feliz doesn't clean up his **** and we land Bell then I would have no issues with that.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
At least we got out with a split against the Twins. Harrison pitched great again.

Rangers (and Ogando) face Brett Cecil again today. They better get their act together against lefties. After being shutout last time they faced Cecil, I expect them to win today.