Texas Rangers Thread

Alweezy

Reaction score
I'll give Adams a pass because:

1. Fresh off a plane from San Diego

2. Debut start in a 5 - 5 game with probably little scouting and added pressure to perform up to expectations.

3. Throwing in a rainstorm.

I also think the Rangers resign CJ. We were prepared to throw the kitchen sink at Cliff Lee, I don't see why the Rangers wouldn't give Wilson C.J. money if we had "Cliff Lee" money to spend..

Everyone has to know pitching has always been the Rangers weakpoint. They won't let SP walk. it might cost us Cruz or Kinsler down the line but I'd see us taking pitching over hitting finacially 10 times out 10 personally.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Alweezy;4031554 said:
I also think the Rangers resign CJ. We were prepared to throw the kitchen sink at Cliff Lee, I don't see why the Rangers wouldn't give Wilson C.J. money if we had "Cliff Lee" money to spend..

Everyone has to know pitching has always been the Rangers weakpoint. They won't let SP walk. it might cost us Cruz or Kinsler down the line but I'd see us taking pitching over hitting finacially 10 times out 10 personally.

That was prior to paying Beltre $96M. The Rangers are at $91M payroll right now. I think they could probably still raise that considering attendance is up, but if they resign CJ, I can only imagine that would mean Young would have to be traded.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
It seems ALL of the Rangers starters have control issues these days. Harrison blew *** today also. The Rangers are trying to come back, two outs bottom of the ninth and the Rangers are down by 1.

I predict fail. I can usually feel it when the Rangers are coming back for a win. I feel nothing tonight.\

EDIT: Rangers continue their losing streak. Time the Rangers management send a wakeup call through the club house.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I think we'll slip to 2nd in the AL West in the next week. Just need to hold on until Beltre gets back and then try to make a push as the season closes.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Ogando was strong, and Feliz closed it out. Good win for the Rangers. Just have to keep it going.

dback

Reaction score
The Tigers are another one of those teams that always play us tough. They are a good ball club and have some excellent talent. I am glad we don't play them again this year.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
dback;4034513 said:
The Tigers are another one of those teams that always play us tough. They are a good ball club and have some excellent talent. I am glad we don't play them again this year.

Agreed, they seem to always hit the crap out of us no matter who is on the mound.

Going home to take on Cleveland and Seattle. Win both of these series and we can build some steam before taking it to the West Coast to play Oakland and a big series with the Angels.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Posting TEXAS WIN just because that idiot Braves thread is above the easily 10,000x better team Rangers thread. (who the **** could like the ****ty *** braves?)

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
nyc;4035296 said:
Posting TEXAS WIN just because that idiot Braves thread is above the easily 10,000x better team Rangers thread. (who the **** could like the ****ty *** braves?)

Haha couldn't have said it better

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Nice win. Feliz was on today, that's the closer we need. I'm excited to see how Holland does tomorrow

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
nyc;4035296 said:

Someone who lives in Atlanta. Also, the Braves have a better record than the Rangers, i dont think I'd call them "****ty ***"

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DIAF;4035671 said:
Someone who lives in Atlanta. Also, the Braves have a better record than the Rangers, i dont think I'd call them "****ty ***"

Wanna bet? I just did. Terrible team in a terrible state.

They should be flushed.

toilet-flush.jpg

Stautner

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4034354 said:
Ogando was strong, and Feliz closed it out. Good win for the Rangers. Just have to keep it going.

And Uehara and Adams filled their roles admirably.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4034354 said:

Ha, I just heard that the Detroit Tigers call Alexi Ogando, Alexi Oh-God-No. :lmao2:

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Jimenez vs. Holland tonight. Lets see how he does against Ranger hitting.

Stautner

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4036826 said:
Jimenez vs. Holland tonight. Lets see how he does against Ranger hitting.

It all depends on which Ranger hitting shows up. If they right Ranger hitting shows up Roy Halliday could struggle, but Ranger hitting can, at times, make a triple A call up look good.