Texas Rangers Thread

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Good game from Holland this time. They did their job of beating up on the Angels weaker pitchers. Now they just gotta try to take 1 out of 2 from Weaver/Santana

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Man I hate those west coast games. It doesn't come on until 10pm here. I only got to watch till about the 5th inning (midnight my time) before I had to hit the sack.

Holland looked a little shaky early on, but was able to stay out of any real trouble. I saw that he really started to settle in after the first couple of innings and started piling up the strikeouts. The kid has great stuff.

As for Chatwood. You could see his goose was cooked right from the start. I think the three of the first four batters started out with a 3-0 count. These last two games have turned the Angels bullpen on hit head. The Angels had better hope they get at least damn near complete games out of Santana and Weaver.

dback

Reaction score
Kinsler just hit a clutch bloop single in the top of the 8th to put the Rangers up 4-2. Great at-bat and great inning from the Rangers. Let's put this one away guys.

gmoney112

Reaction score
dback;4054415 said:
Kinsler just hit a clutch bloop single in the top of the 8th to put the Rangers up 4-2. Great at-bat and great inning from the Rangers. Let's put this one away guys.

Great inning. I was a little worried we were going to blow that.

Alweezy

Reaction score
.. for the first time since 1999 at that. Very good to be 20 games over.500.

To think just a week ago this team was only .05 up, down to their last at bat with Cleveland at home and LAA probably would have taken an undeserved first place.

Now look what has happened.

They had us where they wanted us, losing to sorry Seattle, Beltre hurt, Kinsler in a 1-23 slump. They were losing games when we lost and winning when we won, and setting up for the big showdown at their house. A week ago, I wasn't too sure how things were going to play out.

That's what makes this series so nice. This is the LAA that have been playing this season. We're flat out beating them now.

Again they had us where they wanted us, ad let us off the hook. They might not get another chance now if we can get this to 8 at any point.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Great game. Strong starting pitching vs. another great pitcher, clutch hit by Kinsler, and Feliz finally coming through with a 1-run lead. The first two games were good but this is the type of game that really tests you. Championship-caliber performance tonight

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Really was a great game. Battling the entire game. There is no quit in these Rangers. Young continues to put on a hitting display night after night.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Didn't see any of this game as I was wiped out tired yesterday.

Anyhow

7up.jpg

MegaMagick

Reaction score
Great to see the rangers take charge and bury a division rival on the road. It will be interesting to see how they will fare against Weaver tonight.

Assuming Beltre comes back and everyone is relatively healthy, i think we can get through the AL, the problem for us is that the Phillies and Giants are built to beat us with their super rotations. Hopefully Arizona wins the west and either them, the Brewers, or the Braves can knock out the Phillies.

Ranzo

Reaction score
That's what I'm talkin about. Thanks a lot Lewis... nice pick off there.Not.