Texas Rangers Thread

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Stautner;4078050 said:
Did he get released? Even so, we have 2 catchers already.

I wouldn't trade anything for him. Treanor appears to still be with the Royals, he did his first rehab start.

We don't need him.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DIAF;4077979 said:
Rumor is that the Rangers are talking to the Giants about a deal for aaron rowand, who was dfa'd today by the Giants.

I don't want him. I think Rowand is spent.

cowboyeric8;4078096 said:

Hmm. For CJ Wilson? Matt was CJ's personal catcher last year and they did very well together. Hmm. Still seems a bit odd. None of our active catchers are young. Why get another one?

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
nyc;4078112 said:
I don't want him. I think Rowand is spent.

Hmm. For CJ Wilson? Matt was CJ's personal catcher last year and they did very well together. Hmm. Still seems a bit odd. None of our active catchers are young. Why get another one?

Yeah, the deal doesn't make any sense to me. I guess just to catch CJ. Tore and Napoli have been doing just fine.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
holy crap, Rangers got Michael Gonzalez from Baltimore?

Nice. He's not the best pitcher in the world, but 80% of the time when he was here in ATL he was lights out. The other 20%, though....ick. However, if you put him in situations where he excels, he's a great arm to have around!

Stautner

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4078096 said:

Surprise to me. I'm sure the player to be named will not be a serious prospect, but it's still a bit odd. Even if we need a 3rd catcher, is Treanore really enough better than Teagarden that we needed to make a trade?

DIAF;4078133 said:
holy crap, Rangers got Michael Gonzalez from Baltimore?

Nice. He's not the best pitcher in the world, but 80% of the time when he was here in ATL he was lights out. The other 20%, though....ick. However, if you put him in situations where he excels, he's a great arm to have around!

Ddn't Gonzales actually close for the Braves for awhile? I think this is a good move. The lefties in the bullpen (Oliver) aren't real strong.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hopefully we don't plan on playing Treanor much....

His stats are horrible.

He has spent the entire season with the Royals, batting .226 (42-186) with 3 homers, 6 doubles, and 21 RBI in 65 games. He leads the Royals with 62 starts behind the plate and has caught 11 of 51 (21.6%) attempted base stealers.

:puke:

I see little to no reason to play him in place of Napoli or Yorvit.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I'll say Ogando's done...but I'm not surprised. Out of all the starting pitchers to hit the wall, I think his was the most predictable.

Right now, our starting pitching is ranked:

1. CJ Wilson

2A. Colby Lewis
2B. Derek Holland and hope the dominant version shows up on the mound.

Harrison and Ogando are kinda ehh at this point.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Ogando is overworked IMO. He just wasn't ready to throw this many innings and the heat doesn't help that. I think they need to give him some time off so he can be back for the playoffs. If Feldman is completely healed, it might be a good idea to bring him back into the rotation.

Problem is, I think Harrison is also having the same problem.

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;4078938 said:
Ogando is overworked IMO. He just wasn't ready to throw this many innings and the heat doesn't help that. I think they need to give him some time off so he can be back for the playoffs. If Feldman is completely healed, it might be a good idea to bring him back into the rotation.

Problem is, I think Harrison is also having the same problem.

Harrison releived last night, so you have to wonder if Feldman is taking his rotation spot. I agree with you on Ogando. This is his first year as a starter, so every inning he has pitched for quite some time now has been a new season high for him.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Kinda wishing we could have somehow held on to tommy hunter :(

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DIAF;4079848 said:
Kinda wishing we could have somehow held on to tommy hunter :(

Well he isn't lightening it up in Baltimore. Have feldman take the next two starts and hope like ---- its leg fatigue and not ARM. It seems if his mechanics are off and that could be leg related.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CJ looked like an ACE again last night. At least until he tried to grab that ball with his bare hand. Kinsler smacked two HRs in a game again. It was good to take the series vs a good team in the Rays. Now, Boston's back and I hope we can return the favor they gave us about a week ago. They just lost two of three to the Yankees I think.

Wish we could have picked up some ground on the Angels, but they are winning when we do and losing when we do the last few games.

Ranzo

Reaction score
nyc;4081563 said:
CJ looked like an ACE again last night. At least until he tried to grab that ball with his bare hand. Kinsler smacked two HRs in a game again. It was good to take the series vs a good team in the Rays. Now, Boston's back and I hope we can return the favor they gave us about a week ago. They just lost two of three to the Yankees I think.

Wish we could have picked up some ground on the Angels, but they are winning when we do and losing when we do the last few games.

A chance at redemptive tonight and like you said damn Angels just keep winning; this will be when they start to make their move if TX falters. Which Holland tonight? Also I've got the Frogs playing, but have a setup to allow me to keep close tabs on both. What a great time of yr for sports!

Go Rangers, do not be Strangers.