Texas Rangers Thread

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
DIAF;4071618 said:
Overreact, much?

He's been too inconsistent. Supposed to be a shutdown pitcher from the bullpen but he's given up too many runs to the point that he's not looking any better than some of the guys we already had, like Yoshi or Lowe.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Even if the Rangers lose tonight, I'm not all that concerned. The Angels won't be able to hit enough to win the West.

thewireman

Reaction score
DIAF;4072567 said:
Even if the Rangers lose tonight, I'm not all that concerned. The Angels won't be able to hit enough to win the West.

They wont have too, apparently the Ranger starting pitching can keep giving up runs at every inning. The Rangers will fall to 2nd place before to long because of this.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Great win. Colby got roughed up early on but managed to battle. Hello day off!

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4072733 said:
Great win. Colby got roughed up early on but managed to battle. Hello day off!

It is a welcoming day off, that was a rough and tiring stretch of games. Now to root for whoever plays the Angels, ha.

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;4070782 said:
Uehara as an AL pitcher sucks PERIOD!

Uehara was in the AL when we traded for him.

Great win last night. Getting a little worried about the starting pitching. All season CJ has been very consistent, and although the other starters have had their moments of inconsistency, it hadn't been a big problem because they weren't having those moments at the same time. Seems to be spreading a little more through the rotation now. Hopefully it's just a blip at the moment and not a sign that the long grinid of the season is catching up to them. 3 of the starters have never thrown this many innings in a season before.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeah, that slipped my mind when I posted that. He still blows *** since he got here.

He has a 6.23 ERA (joined with a 1.72 ERA) in the month of August pitching 8.2 innings and giving up 3 HRs (6HRs the previous 4 months) and an 0-2 mark. Our of 37 batters faced, he has allowed 11 on base via hit or walk. (about a 30% clip) He has 6 earned runs compared to only 8 strikeouts during that period. (.75 runs to strikeout ratio) Prior to joining the Rangers he had 9 earned runs to 64 strikeouts. (.14 runs to strikeout ratio)

I don't know what's wrong with him since coming over, but it hasn't been good at all. Mike Adams had a rough patch, but he has gotten it back together. I think he is around a 2.19 ERA since joining the Rangers.

If he doesn't clean it up, he won't be seeing a roster spot during the playoffs. He isn't helping any of the Rangers earn a playoff roster spot.

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;4074285 said:
Yeah, that slipped my mind when I posted that. He still blows *** since he got here.

He has a 6.23 ERA (joined with a 1.72 ERA) in the month of August pitching 8.2 innings and giving up 3 HRs (6HRs the previous 4 months) and an 0-2 mark. Our of 37 batters faced, he has allowed 11 on base via hit or walk. (about a 30% clip) He has 6 earned runs compared to only 8 strikeouts during that period. (.75 runs to strikeout ratio) Prior to joining the Rangers he had 9 earned runs to 64 strikeouts. (.14 runs to strikeout ratio)

I don't know what's wrong with him since coming over, but it hasn't been good at all. Mike Adams had a rough patch, but he has gotten it back together. I think he is around a 2.19 ERA since joining the Rangers.

If he doesn't clean it up, he won't be seeing a roster spot during the playoffs. He isn't helping any of the Rangers earn a playoff roster spot.

You are right about Uehara sucking since he got here. It's a surprise because he was very good with Baltimore, but things haven't worked out. I like him, he gets pumped up and excited, and that has to rub off on people, but he obviously has to perform.

I think the rough spot Adams had was just one of those things. Everyone has them, and his is just noticeable because he has been with Texas such a short time. You are right that overall he has been very good. He looked great last night. That slider in the upper 80's that breaks at the last second is deadly.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Beltre is out for the majority, if not the rest, of the entire season. Awesome!!!!

Mike_45

Reaction score
gmoney112;4074633 said:
Beltre is out for the majority, if not the rest, of the entire season. Awesome!!!!

Dont you mean Cruz? Beltre is playing for the Express tonight, its in the 3rd and he is 1 for 2 with a run scored.

Stautner

Reaction score
gmoney112;4074633 said:

We.ve managed to stay in 1st plac without Beltre, and can with Cruz. Did it a lot last year. If Cruz can get back for the playoffs it will be good.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Cruz is going to be a huge hit to our offense but at lease Beltre is coming back, I think on Thursday.

A couple of other things, apprently we are interested in bringing in Lance Berkman but according to this article, probably not. It looks like we get to take a a look at Martin sooner than we expected.

Leonys Martin, the Cuban defector who signed a big-league contract in May, will likely take Cruz's roster spot, though David Murphy would appear to be the first choice to replace Cruz in right field.
General manager Jon Daniels said that there are no attractive, realistic trade opportunities before Wednesday's deadline to acquire players and have them eligible for the postseason. That includes St. Louis outfielder Lance Berkman.

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...dl-leonys-martin-headed-up.html#ixzz1WTleGyjr

Didn't Berkman diss the Rangers before the season when he chose the Cards over us?

Ranzo

Reaction score
ESPN Dallas says Beltre due back Thursday if all goes well. Cruz with the hammy could slowly get back, my estimate. Rangers bringing up Cuban sensation due to Cruz thing, forget his name. Fidel , I think.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Corleone;4075181 said:
Cruz is going to be a huge hit to our offense but at lease Beltre is coming back, I think on Thursday.

A couple of other things, apprently we are interested in bringing in Lance Berkman but according to this article, probably not. It looks like we get to take a a look at Martin sooner than we expected.

Didn't Berkman diss the Rangers before the season when he chose the Cards over us?

Yes, but that all seems to be water under the bridge. According to this article: http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story...s-rangers-cj-wilson-makes-pitch-lance-berkman

I don't see this happening. But it is interesting. I don't think we need him, Chavez and Murphy can fill in nicely until Cruz is back, for playoffs hopefully.