Texas Rangers Thread

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4075336 said:
Angels lose to the Mariners...nicely done!

I think they will be losing a few games the next week or so. Bullpen isn't great, and their two best starters will be tired.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
The more games they lose the better.

Sounds like the Rangers arent interested in bringing in any outside help so that likely rules out Berkman. I cant wait to see this Martin guy we paid big money to. Murphy/Napoli/Young/Mooreland depending on who gets rest on which days should be able to fill in nicely for Cruz for three weeks, plus we get Beltre back.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Corleone;4075442 said:
The more games they lose the better.

Sounds like the Rangers arent interested in bringing in any outside help so that likely rules out Berkman. I cant wait to see this Martin guy we paid big money to. Murphy/Napoli/Young/Mooreland depending on who gets rest on which days should be able to fill in nicely for Cruz for three weeks, plus we get Beltre back.

Agreed. We already played a good chunk of the year without Cruz and Hamilton. I can't believe Martin has moved up this fast, says a lot about the talent he has.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The Rangers need to hire a professional "stretcher". Sort of like Zach Thomas had. Many of these hammy injuries could be prevented if they actually stretched better.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
nyc;4076234 said:
The Rangers need to hire a professional "stretcher". Sort of like Zach Thomas had. Many of these hammy injuries could be prevented if they actually stretched better.

I agree with this, Cruz especially. Every year, multiple times a year. Usually on the base paths as well, stretch a little in the on deck circle before every at bat. Do something, it is getting very old.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Mike_45;4074938 said:
Dont you mean Cruz? Beltre is playing for the Express tonight, its in the 3rd and he is 1 for 2 with a run scored.

Yeah, my bad.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Feldman looked really sharp tonight and Hamilton absolutely CRUSHED a HR.

Great 2-0 win over the Rays.

dback

Reaction score
I don't think Hamilton's HR has landed yet. I only caught the last few innings and was impressed, although I did not like to see Neftali allowing those base runners. Good game and great win.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
nyc;4077146 said:

If Feldman comes around, just keep him in the rotation and give your starters an extra day of rest for a few weeks.

Ranzo

Reaction score
nyc;4077146 said:

Marty was sharper than I have seen him in many moons. He can pull that off sometimes although he had been doing some good work consistently in the Minors this yr. Wash promised this was only "spot duty" for him no matter what, but I think he should reconsider that given Harrison currently struggling so much. And might I say Marty was well groomed for the occasion, which is also an improvement over his more shaggy scene he's thrown down for a while.:)

Ranzo

Reaction score
dback;4077163 said:
I don't think Hamilton's HR has landed yet. I only caught the last few innings and was impressed, although I did not like to see Neftali allowing those base runners. Good game and great win.

It landed in my back yard this morning. If I can resew the thing back together it's a real keeper. That was a thing of beauty and 449' my butt. Had to be closer to 465' on the conservative spectrum. Easy.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Ranzo;4077333 said:
Marty was sharper than I have seen him in many moons. He can pull that off sometimes although he had been doing some good work consistently in the Minors this yr. Wash promised this was only "spot duty" for him no matter what, but I think he should reconsider that given Harrison currently struggling so much. And might I say Marty was well groomed for the occasion, which is also an improvement over his more shaggy scene he's thrown down for a while.:)

Yes, I was surprised he was so well groomed. He actually looked pretty good. :laugh2:

On a side note. The Rangers are one shutout a way from matching their shutout record for a season. (17 in 1977)

Stautner

Reaction score
Corleone;4075181 said:
Cruz is going to be a huge hit to our offense but at lease Beltre is coming back, I think on Thursday.

A couple of other things, apprently we are interested in bringing in Lance Berkman but according to this article, probably not. It looks like we get to take a a look at Martin sooner than we expected.

Didn't Berkman diss the Rangers before the season when he chose the Cards over us?

It wasn't dissing the Rangers, it was choosing the cardinals. It wasn't personal then and should not be now. Having Berkman from the left side of the plate would be very nice, but we would be crowding him into an already crowded DH situation with Napoli and Young. Berkman could play RF in Nellie's absence, but he truthfully is not the most desireable defensive option. I suspect the cost / benefit ratio isn't be to our liking, so I don't see it happening.

nyc;4077146 said:

It's huge to see Feldman pitch like that. Considering he has been injured most of the time since his very nice 2009 season I wasn't expecting much.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;4077600 said:
Berkman could play RF in Nellie's absence, but he truthfully is not the most desireable defensive option. I suspect the cost / benefit ratio isn't be to our liking, so I don't see it happening.

I agree. I think Murphy is a better option for defensive purposes and not to bad offensively when he gets regular playing time. Although, Berkman would be a nice pitch hitter off the bench, but I'm not sure that is what he wants or the Rangers want to cover the last $2-3M of his contract for *just* a pitch hitter.

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;4077613 said:
I agree. I think Murphy is a better option for defensive purposes and not to bad offensively when he gets regular playing time. Although, Berkman would be a nice pitch hitter off the bench, but I'm not sure that is what he wants or the Rangers want to cover the last $2-3M of his contract for *just* a pitch hitter.

I ageree. If we didn't have Napoli I would feel differently, but as it is we already have Napoli and Young, who can hit but who we don't really care to have in the defense regularly, and Berkman would be another that would fit in the same category.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
nyc;4077613 said:

Pinch hitter too. :/

DFWJC

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4077165 said:
If Feldman comes around, just keep him in the rotation and give your starters an extra day of rest for a few weeks.
I'd like to see them do that.

Stautner

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4077165 said:

DFWJC;4077681 said:
I'd like to see them do that.

If we had that 7 game lead back I would be all for it, but it's hard to do in a tight race. Especailly with CJ - I wouldn't want him going to the mound less often.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Rumor is that the Rangers are talking to the Giants about a deal for aaron rowand, who was dfa'd today by the Giants.