Texas Rangers Thread

Stautner

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4128274 said:
I would say the way the Angels have been playing, I would doubt it. Then again, Boston last 10 is much worse than the Angels Rays are playing the Yankees. They are both 6-4 in their last 10.

Personally; I don't care who we play, I just would prefer it to be at home.

To be at home we need to pass Detroit. A tie wont work because I heard this mornign Detroit has the tiebreaker over Texas - I assume head to head, but they didn't say. Then it will just be a matter of whether we play the wildcard team (if Boston or TB get the wildcard), or if we play Detroit (if Anaheim slides into the wildcard).

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;4128625 said:
To be at home we need to pass Detroit. A tie wont work because I heard this mornign Detroit has the tiebreaker over Texas - I assume head to head, but they didn't say. Then it will just be a matter of whether we play the wildcard team (if Boston or TB get the wildcard), or if we play Detroit (if Anaheim slides into the wildcard).

Detroit could easily win out with their relatively weak schedule. I think if Texas wants home field, they will pretty much have to also.

Stautner

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4128654 said:
Detroit could easily win out with their relatively weak schedule. I think if Texas wants home field, they will pretty much have to also.

Royals, Orioles and Indians is is a favorable schedule for Detroit, but Oakland, Seattle and Anaheim aint bad for Texas.

Ranzo

Reaction score
A squirrel chewed thru my dish cable... not able to see the game...radio man said kinsler's HR didn't actually get out. Is that right?

Anyway 3-2 i think if it stands. Hamilton hits one now!

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Ranzo;4130070 said:
A squirrel chewed thru my dish cable... not able to see the game...radio man said kinsler's HR didn't actually get out. Is that right?

Anyway 3-2 i think if it stands. Hamilton hits one now!

It just didn't make it to the stands. It crossed the homerun line, just bounced back in.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
It's funny. I feel a sleep early last night. When I woke up, I turned on the game and Wilson was pitching. He immediately gave up the two home runs. I was like hell, I should have stayed a sleep. I turned the game back off and went back to sleep.

A little bit later, I woke again and turned the game back on. Kinsler immediately hit his HR and tied it. Then two batters later, Hamilton takes the lead. I laughed and turned it back off to go to sleep again.

I wasn't able to, so I checked my phone and it was the bottom of the night. Instead of turning on the TV, I just watched ESPN game day on my phone until it was over.

Damn glad they took McCarthy out when they did. The timing was perfect. :)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Well. He was expected to be a part of the post season bullpen. :/

Wonder how bad it is.

==================================================

Mark Lowe injures hamstring in warmups

OAKLAND, Calif. -- As the Rangers went through their pregame warmups on Wednesday, Mark Lowe injured his left hamstring. Lowe will head to Texas on Thursday morning to have the hamstring looked at by Dr. Keith Meister to get a sense of the severity of the injury. It's possible he could have an MRI.

Complete Story

Ranzo

Reaction score
Once again not able to watch the game. Glad I didn't. Was it Lewis who gave up the game winning hr?

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Ranzo;4131273 said:
Once again not able to watch the game. Glad I didn't. Was it Lewis who gave up the game winning hr?

Adams. Our hitting was very sporadic, they never hits together. Just one of those games.

Ranzo

Reaction score
grand-slam-costume.jpg

So long as Angels cooperate?