Texas Rangers Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
It's like Tommy Hunter is still pitching for the Rangers. He is blanking the Angels right now in the 7th inning. The O's are up 5-0 on the Angels.

Go O's! :laugh2:

Mike_45

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4116018 said:
Angels pitching is imploding. It's now 8-0 in the 7th.

THIS IS OUTSTANDING NEWS!!

If the Rangers win tonight, the magic number will be at 8! SWEET.

Haren gave up 6 runs in 5 to the Orioles? Wonder what he did last night. hehehe

Chris Davis is 1 for 3, I hope he does well. Tommy Hunter also, always liked those two.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4116217 said:
Wow Beavan absolutely shut them down. Unbelievable...

Yeah, both ex-Ranger pitchers owned last night. Both helped and hurt the Rangers.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4117047 said:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Rangers win.
Angels lose!

LA is picking a real bad time... really bad time to stop playing above their heads. Not that it surprises me. They've been inconsistant all year. But just the timing of it, is hilarious and shocking...

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
I love how Tommy Hunter pitched like 6-7 runless innings yesterday night to help Texas, even when he isn't on the team lol. Too bad we lost too though.

Good win by Texas tonight to gain another game on LA. As long as they keep losing we are good.

Now, this magic number thing. Does this mean we have to win only 7 more games period, even if the Angels win out?

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
I'm not a betting person but if I was, my money would be on the Angels mailing it in the rest of the season and to begin looking forward to 2012.

They just looked so flat out there against the Orioles today and it was probably for the best that they were because there's no way in hell they're going to catch Texas in the standings.

That's what my money says anyway.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Corleone;4117251 said:
I love how Tommy Hunter pitched like 6-7 runless innings yesterday night to help Texas, even when he isn't on the team lol. Too bad we lost too though.

Good win by Texas tonight to gain another game on LA. As long as they keep losing we are good.

Now, this magic number thing. Does this mean we have to win only 7 more games period, even if the Angels win out?

Wins by Texas or losses by the Angels will knock that down 1. If the Angels lose and Texas wins on the same night, it goes down 2.

So, it'll be REAL REAL hard for them to catch us.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Also to note. The Rangers pen struct out 6 of the last 10 batters they faced once Lewis left the game.

Though, Lewis giving up 6 earned runs blows goats. :bang2:

Alweezy

Reaction score
Corleone;4117251 said:

Yes.

At this point the Angels are going to HAVE to win out, including sweeping the Rangers the final 3 games to win the division. They still have a chance at the wildcard but the division is starting to slip away. They are just running out of time at this point.