Texas Rangers Thread

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
thewireman;4151330 said:
One day the Rangers will learn Ace pitching is the way to go. The Rangers seem to have always had really good bats but no pitching.

To be fair, they really tried this year and last year. No one of ace quality wanted to come.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
So yeah, remember what I said about pitching?

Rangers are in big trouble, losing the first game of a short series against a rookie starter with the team ACE on the mound at home. You almost HAVE to win that game. They have to face Shields tommorrow. Hopefully Holland can hold them down.

StylisticS

Reaction score
thewireman;4151330 said:
One day the Rangers will learn Ace pitching is the way to go. The Rangers seem to have always had really good bats but no pitching.
We already knew Texas didnt have a dominant starting pitching staff. I think we have a championship offense and bullpen. But our starting pitching leaves alot to be desired times. Tampa is based on pitching. They roll out Shields who has owned us this year. Were in trouble.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
StylisticS;4151353 said:
We already knew Texas didnt have a dominant starting pitching staff. I think we have a championship offense and bullpen. But our starting pitching leaves alot to be desired times. Tampa is based on pitching. They roll out Shields who has owned us this year. Were in trouble.

It's the playoffs anything can happen. CJ dominated the Rays all year...until today.

But I'm very uneasy about the rest of the games.

utrunner07

Reaction score
thewireman;4151330 said:

Get out of here, you don't know what you are talking about, you clearly have not watched more than a few games.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Ace pitchers don't just grow on trees. It's all about development from within this season...you just have to live with it.CJ failed tonight and may have played his last game as a Ranger. Hopefully Holland (our real pitcher with ace potential) comes through.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you but I got really choked up from watching Josh Hamilton hug that little boy after he threw out the first pitch for Game 1 of the ALDS. Truly hard to watch and I don't think I was the only one affected by it - not after they panned the somber crowd with the cameras. There didn't seem to be a dry eye in the place.

Anyway, it was such an inspirational moment that I thought there was no way we were going to lose today. The very fact that they did find a way to lose (and lose quite badly, I might add) is the reason why I'm posting this now. I just simply can't sleep.

Terribly disappointed.:(

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Moore has good stuff. Combine that with the Rangers have never seen him before adds up to an ugly offensive outing.

To see CJ choke was disappointing, but it wouldn't have mattered much considering the offensive struggles.

That said, CJ will have done himself a disservice if the Rangers don't make it out of these series to right the ship. Teams looking to sign him this offseason will definitely reflect on that outing. Especially it being a playoff game. He will still make bank, but just not as much.

Come on Rangers. Bounce back!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
thewireman;4151330 said:

Do you always talk out of your ***? Texas had one of the best pitching staffs in baseball this season.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Offense doesn't look good at all. I think they've had it too easy over the past 2 weeks

thewireman

Reaction score
utrunner07;4151504 said:
Get out of here, you don't know what you are talking about, you clearly have not watched more than a few games.

I have season tickets so I watch more than "few" games. So tell me do you think the Rangers can win the playoffs, make it to the WS and win the WS with this rotation?

thewireman

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4152164 said:
Do you always talk out of your ***? Texas had one of the best pitching staffs in baseball this season.

I hardly post in this thread so I dont know what you mean that I always talk out of my ***:confused: Bunch of angry Ranger fans up in here.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
DIAF;4152370 said:
AWESOME. Bad Holland shows up after 2 months. GREAT.

:confused: Bad, how? Not watching it but checking the score occasionally. Only down 1-0 in bottom of the 3rd. Is Holland telling each batter what the next pitch is coming?

Air Force One

Reaction score
freaking home run..now it's 3-0 Tampa for ******'s sake. 152 game season to get here and Texas is going to roll right the hell over