Texas Rangers Thread

Air Force One

Reaction score
Go Rangers baby! I was at work and had to use my phone to keep track of the game...I let out a small scream when the final out came over the wire.

juck

Reaction score
Beautiful win. Nef made me nervous but shut em down just in time.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Congratulations!

You took out a team that was on fire! Kudos! :)

See you soon
- signed, the Yankees :D

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
REDVOLUTION;4164873 said:
Congratulations!

You took out a team that was on fire! Kudos! :)

See you soon
- signed, the Yankees :D

Bet you were sweating bullets last night with AJ taking the mound. Hopefully the Yankees can throw the odds back. I think they said the last 16 or 17 times a team took a 2-1 lead a five games series, the team with the 2-1 lead always won the series.

I would much rather face the Yankees than the Tigers.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4164945 said:
Bet you were sweating bullets last night with AJ taking the mound. Hopefully the Yankees can throw the odds back. I think they said the last 16 or 17 times a team took a 2-1 lead a five games series, the team with the 2-1 lead always won the series.

I would much rather face the Yankees than the Tigers.

To be honest NYC, I was not worried about Burnett. I mean, you pretty much know what you are going to get. If his motion is relaxed and he's just throwing the ball, he can pitch with anybody. When he is fighting his own throwing motion, then you know it's going to be a short night for him. When he started, I thought it was going to be a short night for him and we would have to use our Bull Pen, which is what I expected we would have to do anyway. It was a surprise when I saw him come back out in the 2nd and have that relaxed motion going. I was shocked.

The real concern I had was Porcello. That kid is pretty good when he's on. When he has command of the strike zone and when he's snapping off pitches, he's really good. I was afraid that we were going to get that guy and if we did, I did not know if we could score enough runs to stay with Detroit till we got to their relief, which I believed we could score on. I thought Porcello pitched well but he kinda lost focus there in the middle innings. Granderson and his knowledge of that ball park was invaluable. He played unbelievably in Center.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4165046 said:
To be honest NYC, I was not worried about Burnett. I mean, you pretty much know what you are going to get. If his motion is relaxed and he's just throwing the ball, he can pitch with anybody. When he is fighting his own throwing motion, then you know it's going to be a short night for him. When he started, I thought it was going to be a short night for him and we would have to use our Bull Pen, which is what I expected we would have to do anyway. It was a surprise when I saw him come back out in the 2nd and have that relaxed motion going. I was shocked.

There is no doubt AJ has a great arm. Last night these guys (can't remember who, I think it was MLB Network guys) was talking about the Orioles announcers during the Yankee's final series of the season discussing AJ and one of them made the point. (which is right on target in my view) AJ is just plain lazy. He gets careless with his ball placement to the point that he just throws it up there, not giving enough effort to put the ball exactly where he needs it. He also gets into a pitching pattern that is easily guessable by the hitters and he doesn't deviate from that pattern as the game moves along. The players know exactly what he is going to throw before he throws it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4165069 said:
There is no doubt AJ has a great arm. Last night these guys (can't remember who, I think it was MLB Network guys) was talking about the Orioles announcers during the Yankee's final series of the season discussing AJ and one of them made the point. (which is right on target in my view) AJ is just plain lazy. He gets careless with his ball placement to the point that he just throws it up there, not giving enough effort to put the ball exactly where he needs it. He also gets into a pitching pattern that is easily guessable by the hitters and he doesn't deviate from that pattern as the game moves along. The players know exactly what he is going to throw before he throws it.

I don't know that he is lazy. I just think that he has picked up a bad habit in his motion. It's interesting because the Yankees have worked with him A LOT over these last couple of months on closing up his wind up and using a much more compact motion. Rothschild apparently watched a considerable amount of tape on him from when he was with Toronto and was throwing the ball well and realized that he had opened up his motion much more. I guess he's been working with him to correct that and I gotta believe that's the truth because if you watch that first inning, he was all over the place. His pitching motion was much more extended and his release point was everywhere. The next inning, he came out and he looked smooth in his release. He was on. IDK, that's what the Yankees are saying about it. Who knows what exactly happened?

Stautner

Reaction score
reddyuta;4163842 said:
wow Adrian!!!.the angels really dropped the ball on Beltre and Napoli,good thing for the Rangers though:D

The Angles never had Beltre to drop the ball on, but I'm glad they dropped the ball on Napoli.

Air Force One

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but I'm really rooting for the Cardinals to beat the Phils and take that series. In a perfect world we could play them again in the WS but I'm just terrified of their pitching staff.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Air Force One;4166487 said:
I don't know about anyone else but I'm really rooting for the Cardinals to beat the Phils and take that series. In a perfect world we could play them again in the WS but I'm just terrified of their pitching staff.

:confused: We played the San Francisco Giants in the World Series, not the Phillies.

I would love to see the Rangers punk Cliff Lee out of a World Series.

Air Force One

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4166524 said:
:confused: We played the San Francisco Giants in the World Series, not the Phillies.

I would love to see the Rangers punk Cliff Lee out of a World Series.

Damn that's right I keep forgetting. I do the same thing with the Dallas Stars. For some reason I always think we played the NJ Devils rather than the Sabres for the Stanley Cup.

Maybe it's better we play the Phils after all :D I think maybe it's Lee having left us for Philly in the offseason that keeps making me think we played them. Philly on the brain.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Air Force One;4167492 said:
Damn that's right I keep forgetting. I do the same thing with the Dallas Stars. For some reason I always think we played the NJ Devils rather than the Sabres for the Stanley Cup.

lol! We did in 2000! Though we lost. :bang2:

We did win in 1999 though!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
dback;4167735 said:
Rangers vs. Tigers should be a great series.

Would rather have *****-slapped the Yankees, but they are way to ****ty of a team to make it passed the first round. Even at $209M+ salary. :rolleyes:

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
This is gonna be tough. With Valverde pitching lights out, you pretty much have to win this in 8 innings.