Texas Rangers Thread

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4167741 said:
This is gonna be tough. With Valverde pitching lights out, you pretty much have to win this in 8 innings.

Yeah it will be a good series. I hope CJ rebounds well, we need him.

Air Force One

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4167695 said:
lol! We did in 2000! Though we lost. :bang2:

We did win in 1999 though!
Yup I sweated blood and tears that year. What a win tho. We had some really great guys on that 99 team. That's why I want a World Series in the Metroplex so bad...we'll have won every major sports championship at one time or another. :)

Years after the 2000 Cup I met a guy at work who was a Devils fan, first thing I did was brag about kicking their butt in the Cup and he proceeded to remind me he kicked our butt. I looked like an idiot. :D Somehow my brain converted the 2000 loss to the Devils into beating the Devils in 99 and forgetting the Sabres altogether.

I was really wanting the Yankees again. Always a joy to beat them.

Ren

Reaction score
Would have preferred the Yankees, tigers will be tough

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Air Force One;4167745 said:
Yup I sweated blood and tears that year. What a win tho. We had some really great guys on that 99 team. That's why I want a World Series in the Metroplex so bad...we'll have won every major sports championship at one time or another. :)

Years after the 2000 Cup I met a guy at work who was a Devils fan, first thing I did was brag about kicking their butt in the Cup and he proceeded to remind me he kicked our butt. I looked like an idiot. :D Somehow my brain converted the 2000 loss to the Devils into beating the Devils in 99 and forgetting the Sabres altogether.

I was really wanting the Yankees again. Always a joy to beat them.

Anything from Buffalo (except Frank's Red Sauce) is forgettable. :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Ren;4167753 said:
Would have preferred the Yankees, tigers will be tough

Yeah. At least we have home field. I don't think we've beaten the Tigers in Detroit in the last two years.

Stautner

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4165425 said:
Actually, they were in the running to sign him with Texas. So, yeah they were. I believe they offered him $70M over five years.

$70 doesn't seem much like dropping the ball. Glad he chose Texas.

cowboyeric8;4167743 said:
Yeah it will be a good series. I hope CJ rebounds well, we need him.

I'm confident C.J. Will bounce back fine - he really hasn't had any slumps over the season. But what's scary is he could pitch great and still not beat Verlander.

Sam I Am;4167918 said:
Yeah. At least we have home field. I don't think we've beaten the Tigers in Detroit in the last two years.

I had mixed feelings watching the Yankees/Tigers game last night. I wanted Detroit to win for the homefield advantage, but we have had more success beating the Yankees. Plus even though Jeter/Posade etc aren't quite the players they once were, they have been there before and aren't going be awe3d by the big stage.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;4168062 said:
I had mixed feelings watching the Yankees/Tigers game last night. I wanted Detroit to win for the homefield advantage, but we have had more success beating the Yankees. Plus even though Jeter/Posade etc aren't quite the players they once were, they have been there before and aren't going be awe3d by the big stage.

I would have taken the Yankees with them having home field over the Tigers and us having home field. The Yankees have a ton of very talented players, but they are all soft. Probably from being overpaid....

The Tigers have talent too and soft, they are not.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
I prefer the Tigers. We play at home and i still think the Yanks were the better team, but of course crazy things happen in these short, 5 game series.

I think we win game 1 and go on to win in 6.

Hopefully Wash goes with CJ-Holland-Lewis-Harrison again, i'd rather have Holland pitching game 2 on the road vs Scherezer(sp?) than on the road

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4164945 said:
Bet you were sweating bullets last night with AJ taking the mound. Hopefully the Yankees can throw the odds back. I think they said the last 16 or 17 times a team took a 2-1 lead a five games series, the team with the 2-1 lead always won the series.

I would much rather face the Yankees than the Tigers.

No Yankees - Booo!

Dam... that was rough the first inning.

AROD has been a COLOSSAL failure in pinstripes.

Cant stand him. It was always the case but he has blown chunks with game on the line too often.

Good luck with Rangers.
I dont think they can do it.

But if they do, good for you and them :)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
REDVOLUTION;4168392 said:
No Yankees - Booo!

Dam... that was rough the first inning.
Against Nova no less. It's a shame he had tightness. That kid is really good and surely will be for a long time.

AROD has been a COLOSSAL failure in pinstripes.

Cant stand him. It was always the case but he has blown chunks with game on the line too often.
I think I was the only Texas Ranger fan that hated him more as a Ranger than a Yankee. The guy is an ***. ...and yes, I still really hate him! It's just hard to hate him as much when he is hurting the Yankess whom I obviously hate too. :laugh2:

Good luck with Rangers.
I dont think they can do it.

But if they do, good for you and them :)

Thanks, they will need some luck. Every team left scary good.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4168401 said:
Against Nova no less. It's a shame he had tightness. That kid is really good and surely will be for a long time.

I think I was the only Texas Ranger fan that hated him more as a Ranger than a Yankee. The guy is an ***. ...and yes, I still really hate him! It's just hard to hate him as much when he is hurting the Yankess whom I obviously hate too. :laugh2:

Thanks, they will need some luck. Every team left scary good.

The first home run was a GREAT pitch, it dipped down and he golfed it out.

The 2nd homerun was up and I could hit that just as far.

lol

You are welcome!!!

Air Force One

Reaction score
I'm watching....Wilson is scaring me to death allowing so many hits. Hopefully he settles down.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I'm worried about the Tigers right-handed hitters vs. our lefty starters. We actually might miss Ogando as a starter for this series

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
We've had a good start. CJ is struggling a bit, but not too bad. Murphy was clutch.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
They're making Verlander throw a lot of pitches. Gotta keep making him work so we can get at their bullpen

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
We'll take this series if we can beat their ace pitcher tonight. Our batters are starting to figure out V's repertoir and that's always a good thing.