Texas Rangers Thread

DFWJC

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Hamels is not at his best either.
Crud

Maybe he'll get rolling soon

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Damn, I walk away for five minutes and it's tied up??!??! Come on Hamels!

Stupid fielding error by Alberto. He gives us something we need, then immediately gives back more than he gave. :(

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stroman is a hothead. The Rangers should use that against him. Get him really pissed off and throw him off his game.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Couldn't see it but was wondering how we could have runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out, then Hamilton hit into a double play. I assumed he hit a liner snagged by an infielder to double someone up, but maybe not?

No... it wasn't a liner.

It was a grounder hit to first, slightly off the bag, the 1B swung his mitt and tagged the batter heading to first. Moreland headed to 3rd from 2nd and Fielder... only moved down the 3B line part-ways and was caught in "No man's land".

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
No... it wasn't a liner.

It was a grounder hit to first, slightly off the bag, the 1B swung his mitt and tagged the batter heading to first. Moreland headed to 3rd from 2nd and Fielder... only moved down the 3B line part-ways and was caught in "No man's land".

And 1B stared down Fielder the whole time so Fielder hesitated.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Wow, this home plate umpire has a moving zone. I mean moving by inches on either side of the plate.

They should seriously get rid of the home plate umpires. Balls and strikes should be done electronically, because the umpires are not even close to consistent as a group or individually.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Wow, this home plate umpire has a moving zone. I mean moving by inches on either side of the plate.

They should seriously get rid of the home plate umpires. Balls and strikes should be done electronically, because the umpires are not even close to consistent as a group or individually.

I'd love that. The strike zone isn't something that needs judgement calls. It just needs to be right or wrong and having people involved in it at all is completely unnecessary now.

DFWJC

Reaction score
:facepalm:
No... it wasn't a liner.

Ughhh

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Sigh, enter meeting, come out and now Hamels has given up 4 runs. 4 runs on only six hits. :/ WTH.

...and Craptista is up along with their other big hitters behind him.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Sigh, enter meeting, come out and now Hamels has given up 4 runs. 4 runs on only six hits. :/ WTH.

...and Craptista is up along with their other big hitters behind him.

He hasn't had much command of his fastball today. So, there's that. That last run was set up on a blooper down the line that just dropped between a few guys and went for a double.

Either way, just need to actually work the count and get Stroman out of there.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
WTH is Moreland doing? He is just watching strikes even if that idiot ump isn't calling all them.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Wow, Moreland walks when he actually struck out probably twice in that at bat.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Getting some runs here would be nice but at least we're making him throw some pitches.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
So he doesn't swing at strikes right down the middle, but strikes out swings at crap in the dirt.

This is stupid. Hamilton has now left 4 runners on base.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
So he doesn't swing at strikes right down the middle, but strikes out swings at crap in the dirt.

This is stupid. Hamilton has now left 4 runners on base.

Might be time to throw Napoli in there. I hate Napoli in left, but Josh looks really bad right now.