Texas Rangers Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Magic number 4. That was big. Ugh.

Yes, things were going so well and then they just started falling apart. Just like I said earlier. hah The Rangers are pulling a Houston.

Houston, we have a problem! :laugh: (most Houstonian hate that I hear haha)

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Yes, things were going so well and then they just started falling apart. Just like I said earlier. hah The Rangers are pulling a Houston.

Houston, we have a problem! :laugh: (most Houstonian hate that I hear haha)

That win helps. The Astros are now behind the 8 ball, if they don't win today they are most likely done. It's setting up that the Rangers will have to win 2 of 4 from the Angels.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Just need 1 win out of 4 against the Angels, and 1 Astros loss. Or 2 wins. Sitting in great shape now. Almost had a perfect day if the Astros had lost, but oh well.

Still not resting easy until they clinch.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yep, one win means we get the wildcard. Two wins or one win and an Astro lost means we get the division!

I would rather just sweep the Angels. :)

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Yep, one win means we get the wildcard. Two wins or one win and an Astro lost means we get the division!

I would rather just sweep the Angels. :)

Haha I'm okay with that. If we win the first two the lineups for the next two games will look more like the Round Rock Express than the Rangers, ha.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
3781003625a101380c5d9e56cc82c1fc.jpg

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Rangers in postseason...

One more win or a Houston loss and we claim the division...

yimyammer

Reaction score
I must be the friggin Ranger cooler. I haven't watched a Ranger game since that horrible game 6 loss to St Louis in the World Series

UNTIL TODAY!

What the hell was that?

I hate baseball

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Big choke job. They may have lost the division today...the Astros should beat the Diamondbacks easily so no point in hoping for them to help. Angels are rolling too...Rangers are backing into the playoffs

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
This weekend sure has been hard on the heart.......but what an emotional ride. The only negative is they refuse to show my team on TV.....but it is ok.

I am shocked we still have a chance to win the division with as poorly as we played throughout most of September. But, if things fall just right for us, we will get a chance to head to Arlington for a game to decide the division. If not, hopefully we still win and the Yankees lose, so we can have the WC game in Houston.

No matter what happens tomorrow, it sure was exactly what baseball needed......some serious excitement.

BTW.....if we do get the Rangers, I do expect them to be a huge favorite, seeing as how they have owned us this year........but, I still want that chance to play for the division.

GO ASTROS

ologan

Reaction score
This weekend sure has been hard on the heart.......but what an emotional ride. The only negative is they refuse to show my team on TV.....but it is ok.

I am shocked we still have a chance to win the division with as poorly as we played throughout most of September. But, if things fall just right for us, we will get a chance to head to Arlington for a game to decide the division. If not, hopefully we still win and the Yankees lose, so we can have the WC game in Houston.

No matter what happens tomorrow, it sure was exactly what baseball needed......some serious excitement.

BTW.....if we do get the Rangers, I do expect them to be a huge favorite, seeing as how they have owned us this year........but, I still want that chance to play for the division.

GO ASTROS
And it all comes down to today. You couldn't ask for more drama.....love it!! Looking at the last few years and the Astro's futility during them, this gladdens my heart.....and the future looks bright for them, indeed. Win or lose today, thanks for the ride, Astros! GO 'STROS!!!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well aren't you mister positive! LOL!

Seriously though what happened to the Rangers yesterday isn't fatal... yet.

The team looks like it's lost it's steam. The bullpen looks wore-out.

The Rangers played out of their minds for close to 2 months and eventually they were going to recede.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Well aren't you mister positive! LOL!

Not even close, I'm superstitious as hell and think I'm a cooler for my teams, you see what happened the last two ranger games I watched.

I didn't watch the Cowboy games live last year until Green Bay and what happened?

I'm a cooler man

trickblue

Reaction score
Rangers score 6 in Bottom 7... 9-2...

Hopefully that should do it...

trickblue

Reaction score
Texas Rangers - 2015 American League West Champions

Never saw that coming this year...