Texas Rangers Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
That old Arlington stadium honestly scared the crap out of me. I was always scared it would collapse...
It never really bothered me. Heck, when I was going to that stadium, I still had never been to another professional baseball stadium. To me, that was a pro stadium hah.

Ragu Effect was in full force with me back then.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Oh okay cool. Thanks guys! I was 5 at the time, haha. Had never really thought about the history of the old stadium.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The AL West playoff odds throughout the year graphed.

ibljaittHiBPXU.png

Every single team tanked at some point. The Rangers out of the gate, then the Mariners, then the Angels, and now it appears the Astros are tanking right at the end.

That is one crazy graph. The Rangers stunk it up until the season was basically 3/4 over heh and they may end up winning the division. That too is crazy!

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
WooOOo, nice name drop. I haven't thought about Incaviglia is years. His power virtually disappeared right after he left Texas. Then again, he always played in the old Arlington Stadium which was basically a college stadium.

Wow, what a dump that place was, but I loved stomping on the grandstands. You could really get that place rocking doing that. Cement floors don't work like that haha.

arling01.jpg

In the seventh inning, you could drive right up to the front entrance, park close, and go sit anywhere.

Of course that was pre-Nolan; it seemed more like AAA.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Rangers up 6-0, knocking Scott Kazmir out of the game in the 4th inning.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
In the seventh inning, you could drive right up to the front entrance, park close, and go sit anywhere.

Of course that was pre-Nolan; it seemed more like AAA.

Well, it was a minor league stadium with extra stands and an upper deck added to make it "major league". It was a bit of a dump, but I have very fond memories of watching games there as a kid.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Well, it was a minor league stadium with extra stands and an upper deck added to make it "major league". It was a bit of a dump, but I have very fond memories of watching games there as a kid.

Definitely. One of my biggest memories when entering the stadium is that you could see the players cars from outside. I remember always looking for Rubin Sierra's Lamborghini on the way into the stadium.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Definitely. One of my biggest memories when entering the stadium is that you could see the players cars from outside. I remember always looking for Rubin Sierra's Lamborghini on the way into the stadium.

dynamic46.jpg

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
The Rangers worry me until they get it done. I just want them to clinch already.

Magic number 5, and 2.5 games ahead with 7 games to go. But still going to have to win, and the Tigers can be a dangerous team and the Angels are playing much better. Going to be an interesting week.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Rangers are absolutely falling apart right now. Hope Hamels can fix the bleeding tonight. But it is setting up for another Ranger collapse. Because the Angels have owned us this year, need to win the Tigers series to have a chance.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Rangers are absolutely falling apart right now. Hope Hamels can fix the bleeding tonight. But it is setting up for another Ranger collapse. Because the Angels have owned us this year, need to win the Tigers series to have a chance.

Right, and the Angels are hoping for their own Cinderella story.

Could easily come down to last day.