Texas Rangers Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Two upper deck jacks by Fielder! Gotta love that I think 5 HRs combined yesterday. Woot!

Houston's ace got his ace kicked. :muttley:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Three games up. Wow, the Astros are in full implode mode. Ouch. I remember back in the day. The Astros are the old Rangers back in the 80s-90s-2000s. Show flashes, but actually suck horribly bad.

I do not miss those days one bit.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Three games up. Wow, the Astros are in full implode mode. Ouch. I remember back in the day. The Astros are the old Rangers back in the 80s-90s-2000s. Show flashes, but actually suck horribly bad.

My college roommate moonlights by writing a column on the Astros for an online baseball mag. He said the Astros are cooked and don't fare well against the Rangers...

I hope he's right...

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Magic number is currently 8!

Hamels on the mound today against the A's, with the Astros off, hope he win to cut it to 7.

Which then sets up nicely for the weekend series with the Astros. Can almost clinch with a sweep.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score

Their greatest asset is ultimately what hurts them. They rely completely on the long ball. Can't do that and expect to win for an extended period. That and they were absolutely terrible on the road this year, hence the 3 Ranger sweeps.

trickblue

Reaction score
Luckily the days of the "Texas Lumber Company" starring Pete Incaviglia are over...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Luckily the days of the "Texas Lumber Company" starring Pete Incaviglia are over...

WooOOo, nice name drop. I haven't thought about Incaviglia is years. His power virtually disappeared right after he left Texas. Then again, he always played in the old Arlington Stadium which was basically a college stadium.

Wow, what a dump that place was, but I loved stomping on the grandstands. You could really get that place rocking doing that. Cement floors don't work like that haha.

arling01.jpg

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
What were the dimensions of the old ballpark? I'm guessing it was near where Cowboys Stadium is now?

trickblue

Reaction score
WooOOo, nice name drop. I haven't thought about Incaviglia is years. His power virtually disappeared right after he left Texas. Then again, he always played in the old Arlington Stadium which was basically a college stadium.

Wow, what a dump that place was, but I loved stomping on the grandstands. You could really get that place rocking doing that. Cement floors don't work like that haha.

arling01.jpg

That old Arlington stadium honestly scared the crap out of me. I was always scared it would collapse...

trickblue

Reaction score
What were the dimensions of the old ballpark? I'm guessing it was near where Cowboys Stadium is now?

Left Field - 330 ft
Left-Center - 380 ft
Center Field - 400 ft
Right-Center - 380 ft
Right Field - 330 ft

trickblue

Reaction score
Left to Left Center was a dream come true for RH power hitters...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

The new stadium was built in Arlington Stadium's parking lot.

Here is a picture of the new one being built with the old one still standing in the background.

Arlington_c6.jpg

Almost the exact same thing happen with the Met's Shea Stadium and the new Citi Field.