Texas vs Nebraska

Rogah

Reaction score
MC KAos;3123118 said:
my point is that your saying texas will get destroyed, and your evidence is one game which happened to be the last game. Alabama had a bad game too and thats my proof
No, my "evidence" is the big picture. The Big XII just wasn't that big this year. Alabama's quality of victory is much more impressive.

MC KAos

Reaction score
if your evidence was the big picture where were you b4 when it was a given it would be texas if they just won out after the oklahoma state game? you are basing all your crap on one game and you know it, dont deny it, if your gonna go by betting lines alabama was supposed to beat tennesse by 14 but they didnt clearly they dont deserve to be in the championship game either right?

thats beside the fact that texas is #2, not #1. btw from top to bottom, the big 12>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mountain west

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I am really bummed about my Huskers not quite pulling out the upset but I knew when that kickoff went out of bounds and gave it to them at their own 40, only needing a field goal, that we were probably going to lose it.

I don't agree, at all, with that bull**** of the 1 second though. I know what all the Texas fans, and others are going to try and say to make it seem like it's right, but it was a bull**** call that I've never seen done like that, ever.

None the less if our kicker had done his job on the kick off then that wouldn't have mattered cause that would have never been the situation anyway.

Shady12

Reaction score
And if if's and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas. If the kick doesn't go out of bounds Texas probably doesn't get into field goal range. BUT...If Kirkendoll doesn't drop that pass the game is over early in the 4th. Colt didn't see Williams for a easy TD in the first. If Texas kickoff and punt return coverage is better Nebraska doesn't have the field position to put up so many field goals. Same goes for the ref blowing the call when Goodwin was called down at the one on the kick return. And so on. The call at the end was right, there was a second left, I don't see how you can argue that. You may think it's BS, but you'd be wrong. You may have never seen that happen, but it has.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3124681 said:
I am really bummed about my Huskers not quite pulling out the upset but I knew when that kickoff went out of bounds and gave it to them at their own 40, only needing a field goal, that we were probably going to lose it.

I don't agree, at all, with that bull**** of the 1 second though. I know what all the Texas fans, and others are going to try and say to make it seem like it's right, but it was a bull**** call that I've never seen done like that, ever.

None the less if our kicker had done his job on the kick off then that wouldn't have mattered cause that would have never been the situation anyway.

It was the right call. Period. It's not even remotely debateable.

Temo

Reaction score
I'm glad that people for the most part realize that TCU could be better than Texas, but I'm surprised people are so sure that Texas is better than Cincy.

ologan

Reaction score
The football gods taketh away (Texas-Texas Tech last year)...And the football gods giveth (Texas-Nebraska this year).

Shady12

Reaction score
Temo;3125250 said:
I'm glad that people for the most part realize that TCU could be better than Texas, but I'm surprised people are so sure that Texas is better than Cincy.

We'll never know. I think TCU COULD be the best team. I think Texas could be the best team. I think Alabama could be the best team. The deal with Cincy, one thing with them doesn't quite look like the others. D. Theirs isn't all that good. The other teams have great D's.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Rack Bauer;3125001 said:
That's right, there was clearly 1-2 seconds left.

Nebraska deserves all the credit for playing a truly great defensive game. Both Nebraska and Texas have SEC-like defenses this season--which makes sense because the DCs both come from the SEC.

BTW, I do think UT can play with Alabama, but i can see why the Tide is favored.

Rogah

Reaction score
MC KAos;3124469 said:
if your evidence was the big picture where were you b4 when it was a given it would be texas if they just won out after the oklahoma state game? you are basing all your crap on one game and you know it, dont deny it, if your gonna go by betting lines alabama was supposed to beat tennesse by 14 but they didnt clearly they dont deserve to be in the championship game either right?

thats beside the fact that texas is #2, not #1. btw from top to bottom, the big 12>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mountain west
I'll see you January 8th, promise me you'll show up? K thx bye.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Rack Bauer;3125001 said:

DFWJC;3125960 said:

Nebraska deserves all the credit for playing a truly great defensive game. Both Nebraska and Texas have SEC-like defenses this season--which makes sense because the DCs both come from the SEC.

BTW, I do think UT can play with Alabama, but i can see why the Tide is favored.

Sorry but I just don't agree in the least. I've seen far too many times where games have ended on similiar type of out of bounds throws where you could say that there was a second or whatever and the situation isn't even looked at or thought about.

I don't agree that this particular situation was any different then tons of other times that I've seen it be just the opposite. But its all good. I don't really blame the loss on that, or the refs, cause it never should have been put into a situation like that in the first place.

If our kicker does his job and doesn't kick it out of bounds then Texas never even gets close enough to attempt that field goal.

Nebraska simply has to take that loss on the chin.

Rogah

Reaction score
Temo;3125250 said:
If Texas wasn't "Texas" then it would be Alabama-Cincy in the BCS championship. But there is no way to overcome when a team doesn't even start the year in the top-25. A majority of computers confirm what I have been saying since last week (and they don't factor in margin of victory): after you take out the Fla-Alabama winner, Cincy had the toughest schedule of the 4 remaining unbeatens.

Temo

Reaction score
Shady12;3125940 said:
We'll never know. I think TCU COULD be the best team. I think Texas could be the best team. I think Alabama could be the best team. The deal with Cincy, one thing with them doesn't quite look like the others. D. Theirs isn't all that good. The other teams have great D's.

I don't think anyone could say right now with conviction that any team is better than 'bama. They go into the championship game as at least 5 point favorites over any team in the country. Probably at least a touchdown favorite against Texas.

I know Cincy's D isn't very good, but I would put them as near-even money against any team other than 'bama and Florida (who I still think is the 2nd best team in the country). Cincy's faced a tough sched and won out; how they did it (by playing tight, high scoring games), to me at least, is irrelevant.

MC KAos

Reaction score
DFWJC;3125960 said:

my problem is not alabama is favored, i could care less, they will prob be seven point favorites in the game. My problem is with people deciding all of the sudden, because of one bad game, that texas doesnt deserve to be in the national championship game.

Rogah;3126016 said:
I'll see you January 8th, promise me you'll show up? K thx bye.

as long as im not too hungover from the night before, ill be here early on in the morning :D i asked off that whole weekend (starting that wednesday) so i can go to the game

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;3118922 said:
Wow, what a total choke job by Nebraska. Kick the ball out of bounds and then horse collar the receiver. Talk about giving a game away.

As for Texas, Colt just lost the Heisman tonight with his 3 pick performance. Engram for Bama is going to run away with the Heisman now, will not even be close. Texas should of lost tonight, they just got real lucky that Nebraska choked like a dog on that final drive.

I think both Colt and Tebow showed today that neither one is a franchise QB. I will be shocked if either guy is drafted in the 1st round, seriously. The first pick overall should be Suh, the guy is a freaking beast!!!!

So we end the year with 4 undefeated teams, that is why we need a playoff system. However, we all know that aint happenning so we are stuck with the BCS and the NC game will be Alabama and Texas.

Prediction.........I know this may get all the UT guys upset, but the UT team I watched tonight losses by 4 TDs to Bama.

I think Colt probably did lose the Heisman after that game but I'll say that of the three picks, I think only one was on Colt. The other two were on a tipped pass, which happens, and on the WR. The pass was perfect and the WR had both hands on the ball. The DB took it away and that's on the WR.

Temo

Reaction score
MC KAos;3126155 said:
my problem is not alabama is favored, i could care less, they will prob be seven point favorites in the game. My problem is with people deciding all of the sudden, because of one bad game, that texas doesnt deserve to be in the national championship game.

It's not one game and I wouldn't say they don't deserve, only that they don't necessarily deserve it more than other teams.

This whole season they've done nothing to convince that they're FOR SURE a better team than TCU or Cincy.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Temo;3126375 said:
It's not one game and I wouldn't say they don't deserve, only that they don't necessarily deserve it more than other teams.

This whole season they've done nothing to convince that they're FOR SURE a better team than TCU or Cincy.

I think that your statement can be applied to anybody in the country, including Bama or Florida. TCU is a damn good football team. I am not nearly as impressed with Cincy but I have not watched them as much either so that may be part of it. I have been singing praises for Boise for some time. In fact, the past several years. They have a good thing going on there as well. The only real solution is a playoff but it won't happen. I feel bad for BSU, TCU and Cincy because I feel like, as a Texas fan, we were in much the same situation last year. It sucks, no question.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Temo;3126375 said:
Of course that is true...neither has Bama for that matter. The BcS is such a crock.

Bottom line: college football has never had a TRUE national champion. They never will until they have at least an 8 team (and probably a 12 or 16 team) playoff. All other sports do it...***! It has never truely been won on the field...and computer or polls picking the "clear" top two does not count b/c time and time again the game has showed those teams were not the true top tow teams.

Temo

Reaction score
DFWJC;3126509 said:
Of course that is true...neither has Bama for that matter. The BcS is such a crock.

Bottom line: college football has never had a TRUE national champion. They never will until they have at least an 8 team (and probably a 12 or 16 team) playoff. All other sports do it...***! It has never truely been won on the field...and computer or polls picking the "clear" top two does not count b/c time and time again the game has showed those teams were not the true top tow teams.

I thought this has to be the year that **** blows up. I mean Cincy isn't a mid-major team. You can't say they didn't play anyone, because their strength of schedule was the toughest of all the non-Alabama teams (tougher than Florida too, in fact). They beat two ranked teams.

That said, I do think Florida will probably win the Orange bowl. That game is going to be homefield for the Gators and they're probably better as well. And people will say it doesn't matter that Cincy was never given a shot. And we'll back in the same place next year. Yippee.

They took away the possibility for TCU or Boise making a statement. The strongest argument for reform is if Cincy can beat Florida. That's why I'll be rooting hard against the Gators on Jan. 1 :)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Temo;3126559 said:
I thought this has to be the year that **** blows up. I mean Cincy isn't a mid-major team. You can't say they didn't play anyone, because their strength of schedule was the toughest of all the non-Alabama teams (tougher than Florida too, in fact). They beat two ranked teams.

That said, I do think Florida will probably win the Orange bowl. That game is going to be homefield for the Gators and they're probably better as well. And people will say it doesn't matter that Cincy was never given a shot. And we'll back in the same place next year. Yippee.

They took away the possibility for TCU or Boise making a statement. The strongest argument for reform is if Cincy can beat Florida. That's why I'll be rooting hard against the Gators on Jan. 1 :)

Could Happen Temo. I really don't think that Florida is all that good this year. Heck, I didn't think they were heads and shoulders above a lot of teams last year. I thought that the difference between Florida an OU last year was Harvin, who is gone now. Cincy might surprise, who knows?