Thanks Jerry

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's definitely the case here. I'm not saying Dak was looking over his shoulder, but even Aikman had issues with someone else encroaching on his territory.
People around here would have been going nuts watching Troy play his rookie year. He can't play. He's a bust. We wasted the #1 pick on this.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, stop with this nonsense. It's one loss. If you win everybody's saying having Romo ready behind Dak is great competition that's keeping him sharp and a great mentor for him. This is a non issue.

The QB is a rookie who went on an amazing run but even in that run if you're not a cheerleader you saw several areas of worry. His footwork is inconsistent. His pocket presence is shaky, he tends to run into a sack. His accuracy and touch are pedestrian. He lacks arm talent. It's that simple.

He's a rookie. A ROOKIE. It's not reasonable to expect what's been done this year. Even with that OL and RB.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe and Stephen A Smith just might be correct about you blowing the season with your blind love of your son Tony Romo Jones. Keep talking about how much you'd like to have Tony step in and take the team to the Super Bowl...you just might have screwed with the mind of our starting QB as well as the entire team chemistry.
Dak is lot of things.
Being mentally fragile or lacking confidence are not two that immediately come to mind.

he's been watching Tony far outplay him in practice every day for the past few weeks--and all of preseason.
That didn't bother him. He knows he's a gamer. He's a very confident young man.
He is also a learner...which is what you must have at QB.
He'll grow...and Tony will help him do so.

Eddie

Reaction score
He's a rookie. A ROOKIE. It's not reasonable to expect what's been done this year. Even with that OL and RB.

Last night slapped me back to reality ... it made me realize that he's still a rookie. For all the great things he's done ... let's stop the MVP talk.

We're 11-2 and in the middle of a historic run. Let's get back to basics. Back to square 1 with Dak. Pretend it's second game of the year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last night slapped me back to reality ... it made me realize that he's still a rookie. For all the great things he's done ... let's stop the MVP talk.

We're 11-2 and in the middle of a historic run. Let's get back to basics. Back to square 1 with Dak. Pretend it's second game of the year.

He's a game manager. That's fine for this year. Who would expect more from a rookie QB?

The problem is I don't see anything that suggests he'll ever be more than that.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
stop...Stop...STOP...STOP....STOP

If you find yourself buying into an idiotic theory presented by Stephen A Smith and Shannon Sharpe (who are PAID to argue AGAINST the cowboys) ...maybe you need to schedule a doctor visit of some sort to have your head checked...at the very least do not go near any known cult leaders as you are easily susceptible to stupid ideas.

I hear that have really good punch

Satchel89

Reaction score
Oh c'mon. This is ridiculous. Jerry has been talking ever since he bought the team. That's what he does. He never shuts up. And this time because he was talking it caused Dak to play a bad game. That's bad enough but then to say Steven A Smith might be correct about anything concerning the Cowboys is worse. Stupid

Eddie

Reaction score
He's a game manager. That's fine for this year. Who would expect more from a rookie QB?

The problem is I don't see anything that suggests he'll ever be more than that.

For now, it's all we need. Let him drive the bus. Too many mistakes last night ... many were due to the weather.

It's up to the OC to make sure we put Dak in the best position to win. Don't get too cute and have him toss the ball in 20° weather 35 times.

It's not draw too many conclusions. We still have a division title to win. Settle down, refocus, and take it out on Tampa.

But one thing is for sure ... every team we face from here on in will be loading the box, shooting the gaps, and sending the human wave at Dak.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Only Uncle Jerry could screw up the great situation we have .

Which is? I want to win a championship and if my rookie QB keeps playing the way he has the last 3 games not doing anything is going to screw up a great situation the Cowboys have. HFA is up for grabs, and heck even the division is up for grabs especially if Dallas loses against the bucs and NYG keeps winning.

Cowboy89

Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe and Stephen A Smith just might be correct about you blowing the season with your blind love of your son Tony Romo Jones. Keep talking about how much you'd like to have Tony step in and take the team to the Super Bowl...you just might have screwed with the mind of our starting QB as well as the entire team chemistry.

Yep this is exactly why they lost last night. Definitely had nothing to do with Dak playing awful or Dez playing his wort game.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOL!!! If Dak is that greatly effected by Jerry's comments, then he isn't mentally capable of being an NFL QB.

Sorry, but Jerry's comments have nothing to do with anything.

khiladi

Reaction score
People around here would have been going nuts watching Troy play his rookie year. He can't play. He's a bust. We wasted the #1 pick on this.

They wanted to keep Steve Buerlin in on the 10-6 season, when Troy got injured and returned for the playoffs. I didn't.

khiladi

Reaction score
And this thread is dumb because of Romo's PC, when supposedly Romo was indicating to the team he was ready and that at least he should get a chance to compete for the job again.

If anything, the Jones have been supportive of Dak.

khiladi

Reaction score
Don't think so.
How about D&Z out partying like Dallas had won something.
Tom Landry once said every rookie you start will sooner or later cost you a game.
Last night was that game.

Zeke had close to 90 yards in the first half. Absolutely nothing was his fault in the game and tjat one lateral cut/bounce to the right for the first and the move in that small gap, when nothing was originally there, he had was sick.

pansophy

Reaction score
If you think that Dak's issues are mental than you aren't paying attention.

Dak's footwork is not good. It's why he takes so many snaps from the shotgun. All the mechanics are breaking down under pressure and that is what teams have been doing the last 3 weeks.

Dak is probably the best prepared mentally to do with all of this. He doesn't really get nervous.

Teams have figured out how to disrupt the offense. We are last in the NFL on 3rd downs the last 3 weeks despite Zeke still getting over 100 yards.

We rode out the hot streak and now Romo should be the QB. Dak will be fine.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jerry's comment threw Prescott off his game that much then he's not the long-term future of the team.

However I highly doubt that was the case.