Thanks Jerry

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe and Stephen A Smith just might be correct about you blowing the season with your blind love of your son Tony Romo Jones. Keep talking about how much you'd like to have Tony step in and take the team to the Super Bowl...you just might have screwed with the mind of our starting QB as well as the entire team chemistry.
Why do you care about what those two say? The fact you got your feelings hurt enough to make this thread should alarm you.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe and Stephen A Smith just might be correct about you blowing the season with your blind love of your son Tony Romo Jones. Keep talking about how much you'd like to have Tony step in and take the team to the Super Bowl...you just might have screwed with the mind of our starting QB as well as the entire team chemistry.

Well, if Screamin' A Smith said it...:rolleyes:

I thought maybe you were thanking Jerry for turning the Cowboys around from 4-12 to 11-2 in one season. I don't think any honest Cowboys fan can say they expected to be 11-2 after 13 games, before the season began.

manster4ever

Reaction score
I am not moving Romo until I see if Dak "cant convert 3rd down anymore" Prescott performs in the playoffs.

If this is a one and done type of deal, I think I might have an open competition at QB.

That's right unfortunately. I was never 100% sold on Dak because I thought the season should play out...well, he's hit a big speed bump the last couple weeks. Will he come out of it vs. Tampa and Detroit (two good defenses) or not? We will see, but if not then we have a very good option in Tony. Yep, if it does come to that then there will be an open competition next pre-season. It will be a circus but nothing that can be done about that now. Have to go forward and try to figure out how to close this season out with at least 2 out of 3 wins.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I wonder what big bird and the cookie monster's opinions are...Equally relevant.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Oh, stop with this nonsense. It's one loss. If you win everybody's saying having Romo ready behind Dak is great competition that's keeping him sharp and a great mentor for him. This is a non issue.

The QB is a rookie who went on an amazing run but even in that run if you're not a cheerleader you saw several areas of worry. His footwork is inconsistent. His pocket presence is shaky, he tends to run into a sack. His accuracy and touch are pedestrian. He lacks arm talent. It's that simple.

He's a rookie. A ROOKIE. It's not reasonable to expect what's been done this year. Even with that OL and RB.
:hammer: Very fair!

Ratmatt

Reaction score
Quit listening to Shannon Sharpe and Stephen A.Smith.

Rodney308

Reaction score
Jerry said he wanted Romo to be ready to step in if there was an injury issue...............that one statement freaked Dak out so bad he cant convert a third down anymore?

Maybe that is part of the problem
That's not exactly what Jerry said. What Jerry said is that there WILL BE a situation where Romo steps in and a play a part in the Cowboy's Super Bowl run. So, is Jerry hoping and/or predicting that Dak will get injured? Or, is Jerry hoping and/or predicting that Dak will be pulled for poor play down the line? This is Jerry's full quote: "I think Romo is going to get his opportunity," Jones said. "I don't want it to happen. But I think he may get his opportunity to get us a Super Bowl. While that's a mixed bag when I think about it — that means you don't have Dak out there — but it means, what a story, one for the ages, if he'd step in there and this year help us win a Super Bowl on the field with his skill. That can happen here. We're not talking about a bus driver out there. We're talking about a guy who can go out there and move our team." The part that gets me is "if he'd step in there and this year help us win a Super Bowl." Remember, Dak is a human just like us and his boss is pulling for the backup to come in and lead the team to a Super Bowl.

Rodney308

Reaction score
Exactly. Anyone who believes someone's words caused Dak to have a bad game just gave a very good reason for Dak never being a success in the NFL
I don't think it's the case either but some fans amaze me with their thinking. If a guy can be that swayed by words he sure isn't going to be a success in the nfl
Yeah, I can agree somewhat but it's words coming from HIS boss. Here is Jerry's quote: "I think Romo is going to get his opportunity," Jones said. "I don't want it to happen. But I think he may get his opportunity to get us a Super Bowl. While that's a mixed bag when I think about it — that means you don't have Dak out there — but it means, what a story, one for the ages, if he'd step in there and this year help us win a Super Bowl on the field with his skill. That can happen here. We're not talking about a bus driver out there. We're talking about a guy who can go out there and move our team." So Jerry says that he predicts that Romo will come in THIS YEAR and get a chance to lead Dallas to a Super Bowl. So either he is predicting that Dak will get injured or he is predicting that Dak will be pulled and replaced by Romo.

Proof

Reaction score
If Dak is that weak mentally to let that affect him (I don't believe it) then he shouldn't be our QB.

Also as much as I also cringe over Jerrys comments, he's a human being. Look at our board and how many fans want to see Romo as well. Now imagine you're the OWNER of the club, have a deep connection, friendship and fondness of Romo and have to see him every day and deal with the conflicting emotions of the situation. It's gotta be tough man.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He either has to start or leave. He can't stay on this team as a backup.

Disregard that Romo could help this team with his knowledge -- Jerry should be stifled from fawning over him. :rolleyes:

It's not good for Dak, nor team chemistry. That Jerry can't see this is ironic for a man with a 40-year old brain.

Last edited:

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Jerry should adhere to Mark Twain's saying - "better to remain silent and be thought dumb, then open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Rodney308

Reaction score
If Dak is that weak mentally to let that affect him (I don't believe it) then he shouldn't be our QB.

Also as much as I also cringe over Jerrys comments, he's a human being. Look at our board and how many fans want to see Romo as well. Now imagine you're the OWNER of the club, have a deep connection, friendship and fondness of Romo and have to see him every day and deal with the conflicting emotions of the situation. It's gotta be tough man.
Yeah I'm sure it has to be tough on all parties involved. And I get that at the end of the day the coaching staff has to do what's best for the team's success. And, Jerry could have made those comments because in his heart he know's that Romo will not be here next year and he wants to see Romo win a SB with Dallas.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
If he wanted Romo to play, put him in when he was finally healthy. To be doing this crap this late into the season is pure sabotage.

He's just such a poor GM. Please someone get the whiskey and pain pills away from this man before his interviews.

Rodney308

Reaction score
If he wanted Romo to play, put him in when he was finally healthy. To be doing this crap this late into the season is pure sabotage.

He's just such a poor GM. Please someone get the whiskey and pain pills away from this man before his interviews.
I agree with that. It would have been more understandable to put Romo in once he was medically cleared; after all, he was still the starting QB

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Why anyone takes what Smith says seriously is beyond me. I can't tolerate listening to him speak due to the inflections in his voice and the stupid things he says for more than thirty seconds.
You can make it to 30 seconds?