Thanks Jerry

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
If Dak is that weak mentally to let that affect him (I don't believe it) then he shouldn't be our QB.

Also as much as I also cringe over Jerrys comments, he's a human being. Look at our board and how many fans want to see Romo as well. Now imagine you're the OWNER of the club, have a deep connection, friendship and fondness of Romo and have to see him every day and deal with the conflicting emotions of the situation. It's gotta be tough man.

its kind of like when everyone turned on romo after the loss to the seahawks in 06. Then the whole spring the debate was if Dallas should draft brady quinn.

I can remember jen engle talking about it constantly on the radio back at that time and her saying if you have a shot at quinn a blue chip qb you don't pass it up because romo had a pretty good half season.

Dak has had a cakewalk compared to what romo went through. Romo was fine and Dak will be fine also.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
You can make it to 30 seconds?
I want to like him as it's just shtick. But he really is unlikable ** as a person.

Like it's hard for me to say "just shut up". He's on tv I chose to watch him so he should be speaking. But.....just shut up

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
I agree with that. It would have been more understandable to put Romo in once he was medically cleared; after all, he was still the starting QB

It's too late now though. There will be 2 games Romo can play before the playoffs.

I really think he's drunk (combined with onset dementia) in these interviews.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe and Stephen A Smith just might be correct about you blowing the season with your blind love of your son Tony Romo Jones. Keep talking about how much you'd like to have Tony step in and take the team to the Super Bowl...you just might have screwed with the mind of our starting QB as well as the entire team chemistry.
Oh please. If that "screwed with the mind of our starting QB". he's too weak-minded to lead us anywhere. If anything, it should have been extra motivation to play even better. Dak sucked Sunday, because he sucked. Had zero to do with Jerry or Tony. Now he can turn that around this Sunday night & it wont matter, once again.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I would give Dak the first half against Tampa if he's still struggling the I'd make the switch at halftime to Romo, Dak sitting and watching Romo should only help his development ... and if he's that fragile mentally from be replaced by a 10-year starter then the NFL is no place for him ... but I don't think he's mentally fragile. If we do collapse in December then I see no way we can keep this coaching staff...but I don't think we'll implode, we are 11-2 with a 2 game lead.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe and Stephen A Smith just might be correct about you blowing the season with your blind love of your son Tony Romo Jones. Keep talking about how much you'd like to have Tony step in and take the team to the Super Bowl...you just might have screwed with the mind of our starting QB as well as the entire team chemistry.
Yup. Jerry just can't get out of his own way on this one. Sadly, it may indeed affect the best chance we've had in years of making it to a Super Bowl.

cowboys2233

Reaction score

LOL. This just gets better and better.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yep...Dak really had a big role in Dez fumbling that last pass play and slipping down earlier in the game leading to that first INT and not completing a route on the second INT

Just the idea that you blame the 2nd int on Dez is mindblowing.

Are you nuts!?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Easy to see if Dallas does not win it all Jerry and the coaches will be blamed. If Dak is pulled and Romo does not get us to the SB and win it will be Jerry fault, if Dak does not get us into the SB and win it will be Jerry fault because he did not use Romo.

I think if Cowboys can get to the NFC Championship game if has been a fairly successful season and to make it to the SB an unbelievable season. After all few here even expected Dallas to be an 8-8 team.

erod

Reaction score
Dak has a great game against Tampa, and he'll finish the year.

Dak struggles against Tampa, and it's Romo's team moving forward.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Easy to see if Dallas does not win it all Jerry and the coaches will be blamed. If Dak is pulled and Romo does not get us to the SB and win it will be Jerry fault, if Dak does not get us into the SB and win it will be Jerry fault because he did not use Romo.

I think if Cowboys can get to the NFC Championship game if has been a fairly successful season and to make it to the SB an unbelievable season. After all few here even expected Dallas to be an 8-8 team.
Its a no win for Jerry, and a no win for Romo also if he does get in as starting QB and we don't make it to the Super Bowl............the next few weeks will be interesting indeed.....only in Dallas can an 11-2 team get this type of scrutiny.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Dak has a great game against Tampa, and he'll finish the year.

Dak struggles against Tampa, and it's Romo's team moving forward.

Yup, guess Romo will just have to get up to his normal Pro Bowl level self in the span of two games and lead the team to the SB. Standard operating procedure for this team when it comes to Romo -- he's a great player, so he can overcome all the BS we put in front of him. Meanwhile, we have to worry about poor Dak's delicate senses, given that he would be RUINED if the team benched him the way they benched, you know, Romo.

So what we've learned today...

Romo has the mental fortitude and team-first attitude to take his benching in stride and is expected to step in and play exceptionally well at a moment's notice.

Dak is a fragile flower, who would not be able to deal with a benching.

Give me the first guy.

erod

Reaction score
Yup, guess Romo will just have to get up to his normal Pro Bowl level self in the span of two games and lead the team to the SB. Standard operating procedure for this team when it comes to Romo -- he's a great player, so he can overcome all the BS we put in front of him. Meanwhile, we have to worry about poor Dak's delicate senses, given that he would be RUINED if the team benched him the way they benched, you know, Romo.

So what we've learned today...

Romo has the mental fortitude and team-first attitude to take his benching in stride and is expected to step in and play exceptionally well at a moment's notice.

Dak is a fragile flower, who would not be able to deal with a benching.

Give me the first guy.

I don't think Dak is fragile at all. He'd handle it professionally and with class, no doubt. He's a good egg.

Romo and Dak are pretty close already. Romo is raising Dak as much as the coaches. Dak is a willing student always. There are no issues there.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Don't think so.
How about D&Z out partying like Dallas had won something.
Tom Landry once said every rookie you start will sooner or later cost you a game.
Last night was that game.

Oh no! They went out on their day off and had some innocent fun. How dare they! Should they get off your lawn, gramps? They weren't celebrating anything. It wasn't even the night after a win.

And Dez is a rookie? Because he was as much to blame as Dak was. And this is his 7th season and you still can't count on him for anything.