Thanks Jerry

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe and Stephen A Smith just might be correct about you blowing the season with your blind love of your son Tony Romo Jones. Keep talking about how much you'd like to have Tony step in and take the team to the Super Bowl...you just might have screwed with the mind of our starting QB as well as the entire team chemistry.

What a brutal shot that is at Dak and if he read that he'd tell you the same thing.

That kid has more heart and guts and ability of any rookie QB I can ever remember and yet you think Jerrys words are ruining him?

God almighty give him some credit for having done mental toughness. He's got the highest profile in all of sports. If he can't handle Jerry we are doomed anyhow.

As far as team chemistry if we lose 3 out of 4 you won't have to worry about it because the team will want change.

Let it play itself out.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If Dak is that weak mentally to let that affect him (I don't believe it) then he shouldn't be our QB.

Also as much as I also cringe over Jerrys comments, he's a human being. Look at our board and how many fans want to see Romo as well. Now imagine you're the OWNER of the club, have a deep connection, friendship and fondness of Romo and have to see him every day and deal with the conflicting emotions of the situation. It's gotta be tough man.
this is probably why Jerry Jones is the worst GM this NFL has ever seen.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe and Stephen A Smith just might be correct about you blowing the season with your blind love of your son Tony Romo Jones. Keep talking about how much you'd like to have Tony step in and take the team to the Super Bowl...you just might have screwed with the mind of our starting QB as well as the entire team chemistry.

If I were Dak Prescott this post would be insulting. I mean seriously. If Dak Prescott gets his feelings hurt and his mind screwed every time his job is threatened or his performance is criticized he's in the wrong profession and sure as hell on the wrong team.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
I don't think Dak is fragile at all. He'd handle it professionally and with class, no doubt. He's a good egg.

Romo and Dak are pretty close already. Romo is raising Dak as much as the coaches. Dak is a willing student always. There are no issues there.

Not if you talk to Dak's advocates. For them, this is one of the primary reasons he should remain the starter...because his fragile mental state couldn't handle being benched. It would ruin him. And yes, I find that reasoning to be ludicrous -- Dak is as mentally solid as they get. Therefore, this should in no way be a deterrent to putting Romo back in.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Not if you talk to Dak's advocates. For them, this is one of the primary reasons he should remain the starter...because his fragile mental state couldn't handle being benched. It would ruin him. And yes, I find that reasoning to be ludicrous -- Dak is as mentally solid as they get. Therefore, this should in no way be a deterrent to putting Romo back in.

I don't think he is fragile I do think he has earned the respect of this team and is looked at as a leader on this team and you don't pull the plug that damn easy because some fans want to change QB. I hope Jerry is not dumb enough to listen to fans. Same fans who did not think this team would be any good to begin with but now they are winning so lets pull the QB yeah real smart, it would have to be a 1st where a team would panic and pull the QB who is 11-2 as a starter. . And save the BS of Romo never played on great teams he has including defenses that were tops in sacking the QB as well as top 10 or did you forget about guys like Ware and the 2007 Cowboys or 2014 where we had a top ranked offense and league leading rusher as well as Bryant. I like Romo and supported him and will support Dak as well. I sure as hell will not throw a hissy fit as you have on this topic where you seem to think they only view out there that is right is your own. Only fragile people here are the fans.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
I don't think he is fragile I do think he has earned the respect of this team and is looked at as a leader on this team and you don't pull the plug that damn easy because some fans want to change QB. I hope Jerry is not dumb enough to listen to fans. Same fans who did not think this team would be any good to begin with but now they are winning so lets pull the QB yeah real smart, it would have to be a 1st where a team would panic and pull the QB who is 11-2 as a starter. . And save the BS of Romo never played on great teams he has including defenses that were tops in sacking the QB as well as top 10 or did you forget about guys like Ware and the 2007 Cowboys or 2014 where we had a top ranked offense and league leading rusher as well as Bryant. I like Romo and supported him and will support Dak as well. I sure as hell will not throw a hissy fit as you have on this topic where you seem to think they only view out there that is right is your own. Only fragile people here are the fans.

Some people are capable of looking beyond something as general as a win-loss record and formulate decisions based on more advanced metrics. It's okay, not everyone is up to the task.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
How about it lights a fire under your QB who's 11-1 and he becomes better? Don't have any issue with Jerry Jones talking about the possibility of a possible HOF'er stepping in. Dak's not Stephen McGee. The kid's mentally tough. Challenge him.

Air Force One

Reaction score
How about it lights a fire under your QB who's 11-1 and he becomes better? Don't have any issue with Jerry Jones talking about the possibility of a possible HOF'er stepping in. Dak's not Stephen McGee. The kid's mentally tough. Challenge him.
It's not about challenging Dak, in my opinion it's about Jerry's lack of faith and conviction. If there was any chance they would put Romo back in without Dak getting injured, Romo should never have been benched in the first place.

Jerry doesn't have faith in either one of them at the end of the day. Romo and Dak should get together and both tell Jerry to blow it out his butt.

Proof

Reaction score
this is probably why Jerry Jones is the worst GM this NFL has ever seen.

How many losing seasons have we had since you've been a fan? He's annoying but certainly not the worst. Cowboys just have a high bar.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
We're going to see romo again

Of course we going to see Romo again. Did most of you think that this storybook year with a rookie quarterback was going to last and not have a rookie road block? I think the clock has struck midnight.

kevm3

Reaction score
Yup, guess Romo will just have to get up to his normal Pro Bowl level self in the span of two games and lead the team to the SB. Standard operating procedure for this team when it comes to Romo -- he's a great player, so he can overcome all the BS we put in front of him. Meanwhile, we have to worry about poor Dak's delicate senses, given that he would be RUINED if the team benched him the way they benched, you know, Romo.

So what we've learned today...

Romo has the mental fortitude and team-first attitude to take his benching in stride and is expected to step in and play exceptionally well at a moment's notice.

Dak is a fragile flower, who would not be able to deal with a benching.

Give me the first guy.

Romo has never been benched because he has never faced a quarterback competition, and yeah, if you're going to bench a QB who won you 11 games in a row, the QB replacing him better take us to the promised land or at least to the 3rd round of the playoffs. Isn't Romo supposedly our 'best shot at the superbowl'?

bsbellomy

Reaction score

Neither guy will have any clue what they even said two months from now.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Romo has never been benched because he has never faced a quarterback competition, and yeah, if you're going to bench a QB who won you 11 games in a row, the QB replacing him better take us to the promised land or at least to the 3rd round of the playoffs. Isn't Romo supposedly our 'best shot at the superbowl'?

He might be. It would be nice to find out. But Dak's Pack doesn't want that. They want to blindly assume that Dak is the best option (or probably more accurately, they are afraid he isn't the best option and don't want that to be revealed). Oh, and "best shot," doesn't mean "guarantee." But yes, I would fully expect the Dak crew to jump out and say "See, I told you so!" if Romo didn't get us to the SB. Because that tells them that Dak would have unequivocally gotten us to the SB. Because they're silly and have no common sense or critical thinking skills whatsoever.

GoJacks

Reaction score
You are a ******* ******. If Prescott is so sensitive to this, he is not capable of being an NFL quarterback.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Some people are capable of looking beyond something as general as a win-loss record and formulate decisions based on more advanced metrics. It's okay, not everyone is up to the task.

and some people over react. We have no clue what Romo may or may not do he has not played more than a couple of games in the last 2 years. Right now Dallas has a QB who has helped lead his team to a franchise best and yet at the 1st sign of trouble some want to bench him? Clearly Dak has struggled in the past 2 games winning 1 and losing 1 (his 1st since week 1) Dallas will and should allow him to work through this. Going into panic mode is not something this team needs to do.