That's an alarming slap back to reality

stiletto

Reaction score
The record will depend on the availability of Zeke. This is what a first place schedule looks like. It wasnt likely we were going to going into Denver and win tonight. Not many have. I wouldnt overreact to much for this one. The secondary got exposed for what it really was tonight. And it will again. No way rookies and nobodies are going to stop some of these teams.

Exactly. The team is built to control the clock on offense to limit the exposure of a defense with obvious back-end issues. It worked last year but this game the opposite happened. Denver did to us what we have been doing to other teams, with that said I don't think this is any reason to ledge jump yet and thankfully we won't have to play in Denver again.

T-RO

Reaction score
LOL. Our two safeties are technically vets and neither is very good. So yeah, we might have to remake S next year if you want to improve.

You do know the difference between safeties and cornerbacks, right?

Look...I was never drinking the koolaid that this is a great defense. But right now everyone on the forum is in whiplash mode. We might need be short a safety, but our cornerbacks are the least of our troubles. Need health and some experience.

Patriots gave up 40 points in game one. It happens.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Exactly. The team is built to control the clock on offense to limit the exposure of a defense with obvious back-end issues. It worked last year but this game the opposite happened. Denver did to us what we have been doing to other teams, with that said I don't think this is any reason to ledge jump yet and thankfully we won't have to play in Denver again.

True but this is no championship caliber defense or especially secondary.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Dak wants to stay in the pocket and make plays. That's not his game. He needs to move around like he did last year.

Alohawg1

Reaction score
My assessment:

1. Cowboys aren't near as good as we thought last week.

2. Cowboys won't be near as bad this season as they looked today.

3. Sun will rise tomorrow and we will survive.

Sydla

Reaction score
You do know the difference between safeties and cornerbacks, right?

Look...I was never drinking the koolaid that this is a great defense. But right now everyone on the forum is in whiplash mode. We might need be short a safety, but our cornerbacks are the least of our troubles. Need health and some experience.

Patriots gave up 40 points in game one. It happens.

I do and I said at the start, the secondary might need an overhaul, and last time I checked, safeties are part of the secondary.

Also any secondary that had Nolan Carroll starting at outside CB for them should be viewed as a problem.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
My assessment:

1. Cowboys aren't near as good as we thought last week.

2. Cowboys won't be near as bad this season as they looked today.

3. Sun will rise tomorrow and we will survive.

3 is not true at alllllllllllll

manster4ever

Reaction score
Falcons are destroying the Pack. I can see a pretty close one with the Packers. But Atlanta is clearly the class of the NFC in mind. Everyone else is playing for 2nd place. Can you imagine what Ryan and those WR's would do to our crappy D? Damn...

Alohawg1

Reaction score
Falcons are destroying the Pack. I can see a pretty close one with the Packers. But Atlanta is clearly the class of the NFC in mind. Everyone else is playing for 2nd place. Can you imagine what Ryan and those WR's would do to our crappy D? Damn...

Very bad things?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak went deep enough last season to keep teams honest. I really dont what is keeping from doing it this year. He wasnt what I would call an agressive QB, but teams have to know you will go vertical if you give it to them. Like you said, we played Weeden ball all game. Are they putting too much on his pallet in terms of play changing ability? Is he thinking too much?
I think our receivers were covered for the most part, but Dak also missed some opportunities. In any other game, those misses would've been no big deal, but they were magnified today because we were getting our butts handed to us.

CWR

Reaction score
I guess alot of you are taking coach McAdoo's pep talk pretty serious about the second game being the most important.

Lol, I get it we sucked and alarm bells are ringing but lets hold on before we proclaim 5-11 or disaster. The offense and Dak need work but its not over yet. Everyone here knows our oline is better than that. We won't go many weeks with that lack of a run game and that much pressure on Dak. We just played 2 phenomenal defenses. Unfortunately weve got two more up to bat lol

Sydla

Reaction score
I guess alot of you are taking coach McAdoo's pep talk pretty serious about the second game being the most important.

Lol, I get it we sucked and alarm bells are ringing but lets hold on before we proclaim 5-11 or disaster. The offense and Dak need work but its not over yet. Everyone here knows our oline is better than that. We won't go many weeks with that lack of a run game and that much pressure on Dak. We just played 2 phenomenal defenses. Unfortunately weve got two more up to bat lol

5-11 is overreacting.

But this very well might be just a 9 or so win team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah pretty ugly stuff...were not that good. You stop the run and were toast on offense and defense. Whole team is built around the run

That's what scared me the most.

I saw a quick combination of bad.

The line struggling early to run ball.

The defense not stopping the Broncos.

And a coordinator that just looks for reasons to get away from the run.

Add them up, and it's a recipe for disaster.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I'd like to see them start huddling up again, dictate the tempo that way.....seems like the hurry up is giving us no rhythm and if it's 3 and out were off the field in 2 minutes.

CWR

Reaction score
5-11 is overreacting.

But this very well might be just a 9 or so win team.

I still think we are better, but am currently unable to mount an argument for my case lol.