That's an alarming slap back to reality

visionary

Reaction score
I don't think its out of the realm of possibility that the "experts" who were predicting 9 wins or so are pretty close to being right.

There are a lot of holes on this team including the OL, which is supposed to be our strength.

AZ, Rams, Washington and SF are all teams we should beat if we are a legit team

The only outlier is GB and they are not a great team

We could be 5-2 or 6-1 when we face KC

Let's see how we play against AZ

Sydla

Reaction score
You definitely are a glutton for punishment. Didn't you already get beat up in your previous secondary sucks, whine thread? Maybe you're like an old black and white television set that just needs a little whack on the back of the head to start working properly again. None of these rookies were going to start, or get more significant playing time, unless injuries dictate that they do, which of course happened. Why can't you comprehend this? Its fairly common place in the NFL, where injuries to starters force inexperienced, or rookie players into bigger roles.

LOL.

So the plan was to have Nolan Carroll be an integral part of our D? Or was the plan for him just to be a speed bump for the rookies to start sooner rather than later?

It seems you have long been missing the point.

jjktkk

Reaction score
LOL.

So the plan was to have Nolan Carroll be an integral part of our D? Or was the plan for him just to be a speed bump for the rookies to start sooner rather than later?

It seems you have long been missing the point.
No, you go to extremes to try and voice your displeasure with this secondary, and overreact over one game. You have no concept on what a bridge player is, just because you do not like Carroll, and now you want to have two new safeties next year because of one bad game. That is the definition of a an overreaction, too much overanalyzing over one game. etc...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This team is full of #RKGs

LOL.................Definitely disappointing to see that Zeke is 100% an immature, front runner. He is NO Emmitt Smith for sure. We are going to find out how smart he is, or not going forward.

visionary

Reaction score
Hey cataracts, where have you been? I figured you'd show up after the Denver loss. You're like a oockroach on the kitchen floor when you turn on the light at night.

Thank you for confirming to all what neighborhood you live in

Sydla

Reaction score
No, you go to extremes to try and voice your displeasure with this secondary, and overreact over one game. You have no concept on what a bridge player is, just because you do not like Carroll, and now you want to have two new safeties next year because of one bad game. That is the definition of a an overreaction, too much overanalyzing over one game. etc...

You're programmed to just pretty much nod your head at whatever the front office sells you.

This offseason plan consisted of three things - draft some defensive backs, add a vet CB or two, replace SS. They did one thing right IMO. They did a fine job in the draft. Their vet CB acquisition, to aid in bringing the kids along, was a disaster. Carroll is a crap CB. I said it two years ago when the Cowboys brought him in for a visit to try to sign him. I understand what a bridge CB is. I didn't realize that a bridge CB had to also be a crappy one.

Finally, the turned over the SS to Heath. I think that was a mistake. I said it before the season even started. I think he fit as a very nice 3rd safety, dime DB. They should have gone out and found a vet safety with experience, who also would have helped bring along the young secondary players.

Further, when it comes to the safeties, it's not one game. Jones has been an issue at FS for a bit there. He's not the playmaker I think the team envisioned there and I am not the only fan who has pointed this out. Frankly, I gave him way more time to develop and defended him than a lot of people here.

IMO, they should have drafted what they did, gone out and got a real decent quality CB like a McCourty and then brought in a vet SS. I'd have entertained TJ Ward when he was cut. Then you have a secondary where you have an experienced SS like Ward next to Jones, you have two quality vet CBs in Scandrick and McCourty and they can bring along the youngsters - Brown, Lewis and Awuzie.