The Anti I Told Ya So Thread (where you admit things you don't want to admit)

DallasDomination

Reaction score
After a couple games into the season I better see all the MArion Barber doubters. it's all good now but I know there was a 80-20 % in favor of JJ over Barber.

If JJ just blows him out the water I will come hear with open arms to be flamed.

As for me.. here it goes- I never backed up Pettiti. I wanted him gone bad, he showed me absolutely nothing last year. So far in training camp he's getting good obsevartions and seing how he plays in preseason and teh regular season I may have to come back here and make some apology lol.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
superpunk said:
How? Cuz you're gay? and you can tell who the other gay people are?

I thought Quincy Carter was legit, and just needed a better team around him.

I thought Joey Galloway was just what Troy needed.

I thought Antonio Bryant was IT.

I even thought, for a while, that the Cowboys WEREN'T going to win the super bowl this season.

I'm wrong alot.

You really need to go see that movie "40 Year Old Virgin" if you're gonna get the joke.

superpunk

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
You really need to go see that movie "40 Year Old Virgin" if you're gonna get the joke.

Look. I'm not gay, just celibate. I'm an accomplished ventriloquist. I am a seventh degree Imperial yo-yo master.

BTW....I need the yo-yo master line to be my thingy under my name. :)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
:lmao2:

I remember that.

You used to bring him up 24/7 in the chatroom.
I still do on occasion but I do it like this.

Who can we get at FS?

Brandon Everage?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
I thought Randy Moss would be average and didnt know why everyone was pissed

I thought Rahib was gonna be a top flight #1 WR

I thought Ryan Leaf and Payton Manning were about equal in talent

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Look. I'm not gay, just celibate. I'm an accomplished ventriloquist. I am a seventh degree Imperial yo-yo master.

:bravo:

superpunk

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I thought Rahib was gonna be a top flight #1 WR

Heh...never thought rocket was special, but I did think Harper was teh awesom.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I thought Ryan Leaf and Payton Manning were about equal in talent

Haha! Me too! Infact, I remember buying a pack of some premium football cards, I forgot which set exactly and I was actually excited to get Ryan Leafs rookie card.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I always thought Quincy would be better than Hutch,

Romo would be better than Henson,

Hambrick and Bryant would be 2/3 of the new triplets,

Peterman and Rogers were mistakes,

Petiti is not the answer at RT,

Zimmy is still a WUZ.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Haha! Me too! Infact, I remember buying a pack of some premium football cards, I forgot which set exactly and I was actually excited to get Ryan Leafs rookie card.

I think broadcasters everywhere are secretly trying to destroy the tapes of their 'expert analysis' on that famous draft day when they publicly declared the Colts 'would be sorry for not banking the future on Ryan Leaf.'

MC KAos

Reaction score
superpunk said:

my favorites are.."..OHHH NIPPLE **** NIPPLE ****!!!!"

and..."because his hands were as big as Andre the giants, and he had an adams apple the size of my balls"

MONT17

Reaction score
I thought Norv Turner would be a bust... I was a big supporter of free agents Ryan Leaf, Kevin Hardy, Aaron Gibson, Bryant Westbrooke... but not Phillepe Sparks! thank god!

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:

Mine went directly into a top loader :banghead:

Big Dakota

Reaction score
I said Danny White was gonna be a bad starting QB. He turned out to be pretty good. I too though Hambrick would replace Emmitt. The biggest mistake i've made in 35 years of bleeding Cowboys blue and silver was thinking Jerry was a good football man on the personnel end. I gave him way too much credit for the on field success of the 1990's Cowboys. I wouldn't trade Jerry for any owner in all pro sports(on the business end he's golden), but if he knows whats good for the Cowboys he will stay completely out of talent evaluation. Unless it's an obvious TO, Bledsoe type vet,or a Parcells type no brainer, he'll miss 90% of the time.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Some additionals:

1) I thought Pete Hunter wouold be OK after seeing him TC.

2) I thought the Marcellus Wiley signing was good - until I saw him in TC and realized we'd made a mistake.

3) I supported the Jacob Rogers drafting, because I thought he had talent. I give that a wash, he was injured.

That is really all that comes to mind (that's six in my years as a boys fan).

I don't bring up six to say oh look at me I'm rarely wrong - I just seldom make predictions of any kind, pro or con.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
So everyone always talks about how much they hate people who harp on "I Told Ya So" statements.

Well, here is it's evil twin. This is where you confess about players, coaches, or strategies that you were deadset on that really backfired. For every fan who wants to talk about his football genius, there are an equal amount of ideas he was 100% wrong about. Come on, fess up, I know there were quite a few Quincy Carter and Gary Hogeboom fans at one time. :D
This is the ultimate of confession booths. Here's my 10 hail Harry's and 57 your Fathers....or whatever.

I thought the nathanalt dude would stay away. If anybody would of bothered to ask me, I would of typed as such.
icon10.gif

One day I would RUE the day...........I haven't Rue'd yet.

I thought Pete Hunter would of made a pretty decent WR for us.

I thought Woody's Girl would see my typings as alluring, sexy and she'd find me almost edible. She was to throw herself at my feet way before 6 posts.:eek:
icon10.gif

I'm sorry but.......anyone who admits to thinking Troy Hambrick was our next great back ought to take Rack's advice and slap yourself in the face with a cactus. 42 times.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Mine went directly into a top loader :banghead:

Oh, mine did too. I had kinda abandoned the hobby, but earlier this year I was going through my collection seeing what I had, and rediscovered my 'prized' Ryan Leaf rookie. I immediately threw it in the garbage and put some common Emmitt Smith card in it instead.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Oh, mine did too. I had kinda abandoned the hobby, but earlier this year I was going through my collection seeing what I had, and rediscovered my 'prized' Ryan Leaf rookie. I immediately threw it in the garbage and put some common Emmitt Smith card in it instead.

I still buy a box or two at the beggining of each season. I try and get all Cowboys rookie cards
Last season I got a demarcus ware autograph card