The Anti I Told Ya So Thread (where you admit things you don't want to admit)

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I still buy a box or two at the beggining of each season. I try and get all Cowboys rookie cards
Last season I got a demarcus ware autograph card

Nice! I have been thinking about buying a box this year. What kind would you recommend?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Nice! I have been thinking about buying a box this year. What kind would you recommend?

heh I usually get a beckett, and see what sets have the highest valued cards and go from there LMAO

Big Dakota

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:

SP is hard to beat. Bowmans best is cool if you want to try and get a high end autographed card. Donruss has Prestigeand & Elite. There are so many great cards it's hard to suggest just one company. Best thing is go to your local card shop and check them out and see what you like.

Manster68

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
So everyone always talks about how much they hate people who harp on "I Told Ya So" statements.

Well, here is it's evil twin. This is where you confess about players, coaches, or strategies that you were deadset on that really backfired. For every fan who wants to talk about his football genius, there are an equal amount of ideas he was 100% wrong about. Come on, fess up, I know there were quite a few Quincy Carter and Gary Hogeboom fans at one time. :D

I'll start:

• I was once a big fan of Troy Hambrick and thought he was the future running back of this team and was excited to see him take time away from Emmitt. :shootme:
  • I thought the firing of Tom Landry was a horrible idea and that the Cowboys were going to tank forever under Jimmy Johnson. :blind:
  • In the 2002 draft, I was all about Quentin Jammer. :omg:

In 1989, I WANTED TONY MANDARICH OVER TROY AIKMAN!!!

Thank God I am not the GM. Dallas would be stuck at 2 Super Bowls still.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Manster68 said:
In 1989, I WANTED TONY MANDARICH OVER TROY AIKMAN!!!

Thank God I am not the GM. Dallas would be stuck at 2 Super Bowls still.
I think we have a winner. :eek:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Wow I wish I could add something to this thread

;)

I really thought that Chris McAllister (Balt.) was gonna be the next Deion..

I thought Mike Williams (Det.) would be deadly in the Redzone..

I thought Jerry Jones was nothing more than a country bumpkin when he bought the team..

I really thought some of our lesser draft picks like (Weatherington, Dotson, Hegamin..etc...) would turn out to be good players

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I thought we should have picked Moss over Ellis....at the time

I thought we should of picked Lawson vs Carp....but I now love Carp.....you just never know for sure.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I was sure that the Cowboys would trade Ellis.

Then I was sure they weren't going to trade Ellis.

Now I think they might or might not trade Ellis.

I must have been wrong about this at some point.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
MC KAos said:
my favorites are.."..OHHH NIPPLE **** NIPPLE ****!!!!"

and..."because his hands were as big as Andre the giants, and he had an adams apple the size of my balls"
I won't give you too hard of a time since you're a fellow Spurs fan, but you BUTCHERED that line.

It's: "Her adam's apple was as big as her balls."

The joke isn't that she had an adam's apple, it's that she had balls.

But you're right, it is the line of the movie.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Recent ones:
Didn't think Bradie James could play in the league.

Didn't think Glover could be a 3-4 NT.

Thought the team went 3-4 a year early and the players were better suited towards the 4-3 (still not convinced that wasn't the case, but am now happy with the way things worked out).

Underestimated Romo.

Overestimated Henson.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Sorry its taken so long to answer-but- Ican't remember anything. I am
either right all the time or getting old enough to forget any of the times I
was wrong. :laugh2:

burmafrd

Reaction score
I really thought that Wiley would do well for us.
I thought Weatherington would as well.
And I thought that Pete Hunter would be a good CB, or if not a good Safety.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
DBoys said:
Worst one for me I really believed in Quincy :bang2:

I was a QC backer too...I was for White over Hogeblum.

Didn't like the Ron Springs pickup because he was from Pittsburgh...Became Mr. 3rd down.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i still back quincy (still have his jersey too :()

always always hated any of the qb's besides him that we have brought into "replace" Boy Troy

i never thought the Commanders would beat us...twice...in a row...

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I thought we should sign Tim Couch when he was released from Hell in Ohio.

I thought Bradie James would be a complete flop.

I thought Pete Hunter would be an outstanding CB (I still find myself wondering how he could be out of the league with the speed and athleticism he had).

I can live with these mistakes (I admit that there might have been more but they don't come to mind at the moment).

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Jarv said:
I was a QC backer too...I was for White over Hogeblum.
Wrong on QC...Right on White (that sounds racist but it really isn't)

Didn't like the Ron Springs pickup because he was from Pittsburgh...Became Mr. 3rd down.
You must be thinking about Preston Pearson...that is who you are discribing coming in from Pittsburg and being Mr. 3rd down (best 3rd down clutch player we have ever had). I pretty sure that we drafted Ron Springs out of college.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I thought the Niners were set for the next decade when they traded up and got J.J. Stokes in the top 10 of the draft.

I was literally sick about that and thought Bill Walsh had pulled another one on us similar to the Jerry Rice trade-up.

I moaned about that for a while until J.J. Stokes proved he was nothing. That's one I'm happy I was wrong about.

One more, I really thought Heath Shuler was going to be good. I watched a lot of SEC ball and Shuler was a great leader and big, athletic, strong-armed kid. I really thought Norv had his next Aikman.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
I thought the Niners were set for the next decade when they traded up and got J.J. Stokes in the top 10 of the draft.

I was literally sick about that and thought Bill Walsh had pulled another one on us similar to the Jerry Rice trade-up.

I moaned about that for a while until J.J. Stokes proved he was nothing. That's one I'm happy I was wrong about.

One more, I really thought Heath Shuler was going to be good. I watched a lot of SEC ball and Shuler was a great leader and big, athletic, strong-armed kid. I really thought Norv had his next Aikman.

Wow.

I'm guilty of both of those.

Plus:

I thought Antonio Bryant was a steal in the second round.

I thought Dave Wannstedt would be a very good head coach. Jimmy, without the ego, I thought.

I thought Steve Spurrier would be effective in the NFL.

I thought the Lions getting Steve Mariucci was a great hire.

I thought Cade McNown would be a good NFL quarterback.