Video: The Art Of The (playoff) Choke

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When the game mattered..... Dak didn't show up, the offensive line didn't show up, the defensive line didn't show up, Parsons didn't show up, Lamb didn't show up, the offensive and defensive coordinators didn't show up....

But some how, Dak is the only one brought up. That's just dumb.
Except hes not.

You think people have to run through everyone else, every single time, before we roast dak.

People rip parsons, run game, mm, dq, jerry incessantly. But somehow in your head, dak is the only one that gets brought up.

That is totally nuts. As in what the freak.....

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I forget who said it or when, but I swear it was a coach or one of the Jones’ that said all we need to do is win our division. Ever since then I’ve had that feeling they build the team to win the division not necessarily to beat the Chiefs, 49ers, or the Brady Pats. Hopefully they are building to win in the playoffs out of the division

GINeric

Reaction score
Except hes not.

You think people have to run through everyone else, every single time, before we roast dak.

People rip parsons, run game, mm, dq, jerry incessantly. But somehow in your head, dak is the only one that gets brought up.

That is totally nuts. As in what the freak.....

It's not totally nuts.... thats reality. Who has more threads and videos talking about failing in the playoffs???

Dak?? Or Parsons, Lamb, offensive line, defensive line, or coaching staff.....

Exactly!!! It's not even close. And to let you know, that's not on my head, it's on the entire thread list. It really exists and if you scroll up and down the board, the proof is there for you to see in real life.

I'd like to see you try to deny THAT one.....

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This is a case of 2 independent issues being true at the same time.
1 independent truth: Dak plays “tight” in the playoffs.

2nd independent truth: our defense plays bad in the playoffs.

Me personally, I feel Dak, CD and Micah are more flash than substance. All 3 are regular season stat padders and POOF, gone, David Copperfield disappearing acts in the playoffs and against top competition. This is why I don’t want to sign any of them to long term deals. They’re not gamers, they don’t rise to the occasion, they shrink under the spotlight. This is why I feel paying these guys top dollar will cripple the franchise. What’s the point of great players that disappear in the playoffs?

Dak is a choker. But independent of that so is CD, Micah, McCarthy and the defense. I don’t mind us purging the roster of these guys I just wish we weren’t throwing away 2024 to do it. Just do it now.
I agree , I think maybe parsons could be fixed by BB though. I think he has just decided why try hard in the circus??

GINeric

Reaction score
He’s the one that has failed to show up in every big game. That’s the problem. He also makes the most money. He’s the qb. That’s the way it works.

Chiefs defense gave up 35 points to the eagles in the Super Bowl. The chiefs won the game.

Some teams make excuses. Other teams win championships

In the other Superbowl, why didn't the Chiefs win that one? I heard many people including Chiefs fans say that Mahomes was running for his life because his offensive line was injured..... so is that classified under excuses orrr..... im just trying to understand.

Aaron Rodgers is considered one of the greatest quarterbacks ever..... but only won one Superbowl. What's his excuse? What's his excuse for being on the same tier as Trent Dilpher and Nick Foles??

According to your logic, 31 teams have excuses because only one team wins the championship.

Flamma

Reaction score
When your offense suddenly can't do **** because of the playoffs, when it hasn't been a problem all season, that's choking.
But that wasn't the case. They didn't have problems scoring on crap teams. Choked against Philly in the first game. Looked like the Jets against the Bills and 49ers. That's a problem. Because in the playoffs we don't play Washington or the Giants very often.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
He struggles with his post snap read. He said that GB confused him showing 1 coverage and changing to another coverage post snap. I don’t remember his exact words but it was something to that effect. It’s the same issue that was seen the first 2 mins in on this video.

Also those claiming this video doesn’t talk about the defense obviously didn’t listen to his opening statement where he said would be focusing on the offense and Dak in this video he was not going to cover the defense.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The video is focusing entirely on Dak but nothing said about our defensive performances which have been the number one reason why we keep faltering in the playoffs. The dope who put together that video obviously doesn’t have much of a clue or doesn’t follow the Cowboys if he thinks our playoff woes fall entirely on Dak. Funny that he brings up the next generation of QBs and shows a clip of Josh Allen who’s had his share of playoff struggles.
No need to mention the defense. It's being addressed. New DC, several defensive players no longer around, replaced by FA and draft. The right thing was addressed in the video because it is still here.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No need to mention the defense. It's being addressed. New DC, several defensive players no longer around, replaced by FA and draft. The right thing was addressed in the video because it is still here.
The defense is a long way from being addressed. Zimmer is only here because Quinn left. Mazi who was a flop as a rookie didn’t see a lot of snaps because he was a liability. He’s going to have to play this season no matter how bad he is. We better hope the FA and the draft picks make an impact or this defense may end up being a complete joke against contending teams.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The defense is a long way from being addressed. Zimmer is only here because Quinn left. Mazi who was a flop as a rookie didn’t see a lot of snaps because he was a liability. He’s going to have to play this season no matter how bad he is. We better hope the FA and the draft picks make an impact or this defense may end up being a complete joke against contending teams.
You're mistaken as usual, Quinn was privately advised to find another job. Mazi is in rehab after shoulder surgery but he's getting better. Your rush to judgment about this new D is a complete joke. It would be wiser for you to keep your powder dry and wait and see what Zim's D is before you prematurely condemn it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not totally nuts.... thats reality. Who has more threads and videos talking about failing in the playoffs???

Dak?? Or Parsons, Lamb, offensive line, defensive line, or coaching staff.....

Exactly!!! It's not even close. And to let you know, that's not on my head, it's on the entire thread list. It really exists and if you scroll up and down the board, the proof is there for you to see in real life.

I'd like to see you try to deny THAT one.....
Qb always gets the glory, or the dumping. Dak is no exception.

Its real life id like to see you try to deny that one.

JBS

Reaction score
In the other Superbowl, why didn't the Chiefs win that one? I heard many people including Chiefs fans say that Mahomes was running for his life because his offensive line was injured..... so is that classified under excuses orrr..... im just trying to understand.

Aaron Rodgers is considered one of the greatest quarterbacks ever..... but only won one Superbowl. What's his excuse? What's his excuse for being on the same tier as Trent Dilpher and Nick Foles??

According to your logic, 31 teams have excuses because only one team wins the championship.
Don’t compare zero playoff success to champions

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You're mistaken as usual, Quinn was privately advised to find another job. Mazi is in rehab after shoulder surgery but he's getting better. Your rush to judgment about this new D is a complete joke. It would be wiser for you to keep your powder dry and wait and see what Zim's D is before you prematurely condemn it.
If Quinn was privately advised to find another job, how do you or anyone who may have reported it know about it? Where did you read that information? From some fan on Twitter looking for attention? Mazi is in rehab, just another thing to set him back. I have no confidence in the defense, especially with Zimmer who some who cover the Cowboys don’t think the players will fight for him.

JBS

Reaction score
If Quinn was privately advised to find another job, how do you or anyone who may have reported it know about it? Where did you read that information? Mazi is in rehab, just another thing to set him back. I have no confidence in the defense, especially with Zimmer who some who cover the Cowboys don’t think the players will fight for him.
You have faith in Dak but no faith in Zimmer lolol. Zimmer is 10x more accomplished at his job than Dak is at his

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You have faith in Dak but no faith in Zimmer lolol. Zimmer is 10x more accomplished at his job than Dak is at his
Zimmer has been kicked to the curb multiple times including by the Cowboys. The only thing he’s accomplished at is finding new jobs. Dak hasn’t been booted once.

JBS

Reaction score
Zimmer has been kicked to the curb multiple times including by the Cowboys. The only thing he’s accomplished at is finding new jobs. Dak hasn’t been booted once.
Zimmer was last fired as a DC when?

J. Garrett also kept a job here for a decade. It meant nothing in the grand scheme of things

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
The video is focusing entirely on Dak but nothing said about our defensive performances which have been the number one reason why we keep faltering in the playoffs. The dope who put together that video obviously doesn’t have much of a clue or doesn’t follow the Cowboys if he thinks our playoff woes fall entirely on Dak. Funny that he brings up the next generation of QBs and shows a clip of Josh Allen who’s had his share of playoff struggles.

ROFL !! Actually real video from ALL 22 .

Showing what real football fans also clearly see . CHOKOTA STINKS !!

Leverage ?? ha !! Dak has 2 months before he ends up playing back up for the JETS :laugh:

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
A "choke" is when the outcome of the game is determined by a series of plays or even a single play late in the game. The play absolutely has to be made. However, a particular player, usually the quarterback, fails to make that play.

What's important to the concept is that the player had the opportunity to make that play but he was unable to do so, typically due to a lack of poise. He was overwhelmed by the critical nature of the consequences.

If a team is down by three TD's by the 3rd quarter then this loss is not a "choke". It cannot be attributed to a single player.

A classic example of a choke would be having the ball on the opponent's five yard line, down by 5 points with 4 seconds left and the QB throws an INT in the endzone.

lol ok keep telling yourself that. When QB1 comes out playoff game after game missing throws, high / behind /wide . We all know when Dak has the ball with 2 minutes left and we are behind,. we lost . Dak has proven time and time again he doesnt have the mettle or mental fortitude to get in done . Same at Miss St . He's never won the big game . Hes the definition of CHOKER !

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zimmer was last fired as a DC when?

J. Garrett also kept a job here for a decade. It meant nothing in the grand scheme of things
He was fired as DC with the Cowboys after the 06 season. Garrett kept a job here for 14 years, including 10 years as the HC. Where did that get us? Zimmer could end up being our next HC. That’s how Jerry operates. We went through the same thing with Campo. We’ll see how many fans get fired up by this post. lol