Video: The Art Of The (playoff) Choke

Creeper

Reaction score
I can't disagree with the assessment of Dak in the playoffs. But at the same time, SF may just be a better team than Dallas, especially on defense. The other thing not mentioned, and I hear this all too often, is how defenses know where our receivers are going to be and get their before the receivers. If is not just Dak being robotic, it is also being outcoached, on offense and defense. Why is it other teams come up with schemes to defeat the Cowboys but the Cowboys don;t come up with brilliant schemes to beat their opponents?

This video is an indictment of Dak, CeeDee and MM. And btw, this CeeDee guy who struggled to get open in the playoffs is the same guy who might be asking for $30 million. How is that different than Dak? This shows the importance of having 3 WRs instead of 1.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
@TheMarathonContinues remember when we argued the other day about how you'd never seen anyone prop up Dak's garbage time performance against GB, and you didn't believe me... See the first few pages.

Brooksey

Reaction score
The video is focusing entirely on Dak but nothing said about our defensive performances which have been the number one reason why we keep faltering in the playoffs. The dope who put together that video obviously doesn’t have much of a clue or doesn’t follow the Cowboys if he thinks our playoff woes fall entirely on Dak. Funny that he brings up the next generation of QBs and shows a clip of Josh Allen who’s had his share of playoff struggles.
The #1 reason is Dak, defense #2.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
From a pure statistical standpoint, Playoff Dak blows Playoff Lamar Jackson out of the water.

Yet the media still wants to portray Jackson like he's already got his gold jacket in Canton.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm saying what I believe and can't be proven wrong. What you do is utter nonsense.
What you’re saying is what you believe which is utter nonsense. The players liked playing for Quinn and he would still be here if he didn’t take the Washington job.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He did it against backups.

Cmon man.

Prescott suffers from performance anxiety in the worst way in big games.

There’s no way in hell he leads this team to victory against the likes of Baltimore, SF or any other solid team this season.

He’s incapable.
They didn’t put any backups in until the 4th quarter. He never gave up when they had all their starters in. The defense quit and a player on the team admitted it. If the Cowboys aren’t leading the league in penalties they’re near the top. They’ve had an inconsistent running game for years. They’ve had coaching issues and a terrible playoff defense that quits and folds. The Joneses continue year after year to mismanage the team. No QB is going to lead a team far with those issues.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The video is focusing entirely on Dak but nothing said about our defensive performances which have been the number one reason why we keep faltering in the playoffs.
They gave up 23 and 19 points in 2021 and 2022. What's so wrong with that? There's no way you can blame the defense for the 2022 season playoff game especially.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score

They didn’t put any backups in until the 4th quarter. He never gave up when they had all their starters in. The defense quit and a player on the team admitted it. If the Cowboys aren’t leading the league in penalties they’re near the top. They’ve had an inconsistent running game for years. They’ve had coaching issues and a terrible playoff defense. The Joneses continue year after year to mismanage the team. No QB is going to lead a team far with those issues.
Dude, it was 48-16 with six minutes left in the fourth quarter. The defense didn’t quit. They were manhandled all game. Dak and the offense did not help either, giving away 14 points off of two turnovers and not producing Jack squat until there was less than fifteen seconds left in the first half. And Dak didn’t “keep battling back”. He was playing against a team that started playing soft and put in backups, trying to burn as much time off the clock as possible. That happens in games all across the league by a number of QBs, otherwise the saying “the prevent doesn’t stop anything except a victory” or whatever it is wouldn’t exist. This narrative you’ve come up with and keep reiterating borders on fantasy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They gave up 23 and 19 points in 2021 and 2022. What's so wrong with that? There's no way you can blame the defense for the 2022 season playoff game especially.
I didn’t blame the defense for the 2022 playoff loss. I’ve repeatedly said it’s the only playoff loss where the defense played respectably. Dak lost that game. However, in 2021 it was the defense that lost that game. Dak didn’t play great but Jimmy G didn’t play any better. Our defense couldn’t stop the 49ers running game. They controlled the ball for almost 34 minutes gashing us for 169 on the ground. Jimmy G wasn’t sacked once in that game. Hard to score points when your defense can’t get the opposing offense off the field.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why do you defend this choker artist? He choked that GB game so bad, he had us in 28-0 so fast..gimme a break.
Biggest choke job by a Cowboy QB I've seen (playoff game) since watching the Cowboys and I started in '79.
Our defense gave up 21 of those points. We couldn’t hold them to a damn FG, we kept giving up TDs. Our defense was awful and we have a player on the team that admitted the defense quit. It’s the team and defense that chokes. The biggest choke jobs in the playoffs were by Danny White and Romo. Dak’s turnovers come early and he doesn’t fold. White and Romo’s turnovers came with playoff games on the line. They were ill timed.

GINeric

Reaction score
He did it against backups.

Cmon man.

Prescott suffers from performance anxiety in the worst way in big games.

There’s no way in hell he leads this team to victory against the likes of Baltimore, SF or any other solid team this season.

He’s incapable.

Nobody is backtracking. Don’t compare a guy who has never won anything to teams that have won. When Dak wins something you can compare. Nice try. But you failed. And you are moving the goal posts

Like I said.... you never answered any of the questions and they all weren't about Dak. I asked about Rodgers, Mahomes, Nick Foles, and Dilpher.

You dodged them. It's ok though, I knew you would. That's why I set you up with those questions.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Our defense gave up 21 of those points. We couldn’t hold them to a damn FG, we kept giving up TDs. Our defense was awful and we have a player on the team that admitted the defense quit. It’s the team and defense that chokes. The biggest choke jobs in the playoffs were by Danny White and Romo. Dak’s turnovers come early and he doesn’t fold. White and Romo’s turnovers came with playoff games on the line. They were ill timed.
Bro..come on.

Two INT's, one was a pick 6, the other was inside our own 20. He took a sack that took us out of FG range down 14-0 and he overthrew Lamb on 3rd and 8 when we were were down 7-0 after the Defense held them.

Stop the insanity

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why do you defend this choker artist?
Because he’s been the best QB we’ve had since Troy Aikman and he’s had to shoulder a lot of the load due to the teams inconsistencies. I’ve seen him play some great games we’ve lost because of our defense. He’s had some great plays called back because of stupid penalties. He put up over 400 yards with 3 TDs against Tampa in 2021 on the road and we lost because our defense choked with the game on the line. He completed 42 passes in that game against a great defense and we lost because we couldn’t make a damn stop. If you think he’s a choker you must not have watched Romo.