The band Van Halen

triplets_93

Reaction score
Yes it is, and what i have heard someone purchased this from the estate of Noel Monk and is claiming ownership and having it removed. Curt Gooch is his name.
And the question is, did Noel Monk have proper ownership and rights to the film in the first place???

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
And the question is, did Noel Monk have proper ownership and rights to the film in the first place???
No clue, probably never know. He was their manager from 78 to 84. This is not Curt Gooches first go round with being a p i t a to put it mildly

triplets_93

Reaction score

00:00 - Intro
01:27 - Start of Alex Van Halen Interview
01:56 - His earliest memories of playing with his brother, Eddie Van Halen, and his dad’s musical career
03:14 - Who the Van Halen brothers would try to emulate musically
03:33 - Who were his drum gods when he first started playing
04:30 - Playing with his dad’s Jazz band and if he took lessons
05:29 - If Eddie was part of his dad’s band
05:42 - When did he know Eddie Van Halen would be a legend and his own guitar-playing
06:21 - Did he know early on how big Van Halen would become, and early days with the LA club scene
06:50 - The night Warner Brothers saw them for the first time
08:33 - What’s his favorite David Lee Roth Van Halen album is
09:19 - The essence and core of Van Halen
09:54 - How Sammy Hagar could have replaced Roth back in 1978
10:48 - How Van Halen has evolved since Sammy Hagar joined the band.
11:49 - How producer Bruce Fairbairn got involved in producing “For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge”
13:24 - Van Halen’s process in picking a producer
14:29 - Does he have any input into writing Van Halen songs?
15:43 - How much longer does he see Van Halen rocking?
16:17 - What’s the best thing about being in Van Halen
16:31 - Alex talks about Van Halen’s USA Harvest can drive
17:52 - Alex gives the name of the person Steve should talk to to get backstage.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
How many of you VH freaks think “A Different Kind Of Truth” was kinda underrated?

I thought it was decent, not great but certainly not horrible. Some of the stuff was based off demos/reworks of old tracks of theirs from the 70s.

ESisback

Reaction score
I thought it was decent, not great but certainly not horrible. Some of the stuff was based off demos/reworks of old tracks of theirs from the 70s.
I think “lll” with Gary Cherone was their worst, although there were still songs I liked on it.

triplets_93

Reaction score
53165930413_1040013af3_o.jpg

triplets_93

Reaction score
Culled from another site - Sammy Hagar on Instagram responds to DLR being on tour with Sammy...

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Saw VH "supporting" Bon Jovi at the Milton Keynes bowl in '96. They were billed as very special guests rather than support. It was a great day, both bands, plus 2 others, were superb.

Also, throughout my entire adult life, I have proved incapable of hearing the word "Panama" said in any context without me immediately bursting into song. It is an affliction I don't think will ever go away.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Saw VH "supporting" Bon Jovi at the Milton Keynes bowl in '96. They were billed as very special guests rather than support. It was a great day, both bands, plus 2 others, were superb.

Also, throughout my entire adult life, I have proved incapable of hearing the word "Panama" said in any context without me immediately bursting into song. It is an affliction I don't think will ever go away.
Fact checking my own post, seems its more likely Wembley in '95. MK in '96 was a different line up.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Van Halen *FULL SHOW* 1978 September 8. 8mm - 4k

Step into the time machine with Speedy's Films as we unveil a rock 'n' roll relic - Van Halen live at the Niagara Falls Convention Center on September 8, 1978.

Filmed by Speedy himself on Super8 reels during his days as a photographer and tour bus driver in the vibrant '70s, this footage captures the essence of a legendary era in music history. Now, we're thrilled to present a revamped 4K version with updated audio, offering you an immersive experience like never before.

But that's not all! In a unique twist, we've decided to leave in all the audio in-between the video segments. This means you're not just getting the highlights; you're getting the entire show, trimmed only to remove the unnecessary "fat." It's a front-row seat to witness Van Halen's magic with every nuance, every riff, and every moment that made that night unforgettable.

In the spirit of complete transparency, we'd like to address a minor aspect of the video. During the final song, you may notice a slight variance in audio quality compared to the rest of the performance, and eagle-eyed viewers might observe a few scenes that aren't perfectly aligned. Regrettably, despite our meticulous efforts, achieving seamless synchronization for some scenes proved to be a challenging task. Additionally, we suspect there might be a missing song from the audio.We extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Please rest assured that we spared no effort to present you with the highest quality experience. Your understanding is immensely appreciated, and we trust that you'll still find immense enjoyment in this nostalgic journey with Van Halen.

8mm Transfer by: GenesisMuseum
Audio Sync and Produced by: Speedy's Films