The Browns did it the right way

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Browns have been picking in the top 10 of drafts for 20+ years. It wasn't a case of doing it the right way, it was more like the blind squirrel finding a nut.
QB - Mayfield
RB - Hunt/Chubb
TE - Njoku
WR - Landry/OBJ

That’s no joke for AFC North defenses.

Dak
Cooper/Gallup
Zeke
No one
Great oline

Which offense would you rather have? It’s close

movaughn88

Reaction score
Good lord, I don't like our offseason either so far but let's pump the brakes. 2 Super bowls for the Browns?!?

And tanking? Is that what you're calling what they have been doing for the last 15 years, as if it's been on purpose?

TWOK11

Reaction score
Not to mention Baltimore lost all of it's defense. They own this division now with no AB in Pittsburgh & Mike Brown still breathing in Cincinnati.

How about we let them win their first playoff game in 25 years before annointing them?

This board has become insufferable

Rayman70

Reaction score
Just imagine now if OBJ is suspended for some of the behaviors he exhibited now that he is not on Mara’s team.
like the cocaine and hookers,pizza episode last offseason? lol...He got nary a tap on the knuckles for that...

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
versus 23 years or occasional above averageness.
The big difference is we actually had some good teams during that time and we had some chances, blew some chances, but didn't cash in. The Browns never even had that much, their fans craved to at least be average at least once or twice to break the monotony of hell.

lk8701

Reaction score
Good lord, I don't like our offseason either so far but let's pump the brakes. 2 Super bowls for the Browns?!?

And tanking? Is that what you're calling what they have been doing for the last 15 years, as if it's been on purpose?

When Sashi Brown took over they tanked on purpose in order to accumulate draft picks. John Dorsey reaped the benefits and made smart picks.

Common Sense

Reaction score
The Browns have been picking in the top 10 of drafts for 20+ years. It wasn't a case of doing it the right way, it was more like the blind squirrel finally finding a nut.

If you actually believe that, then you haven’t been paying attention for the last few years or you don’t understand how the NFL works.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Tanking is the right way to build a stacked team and win the Super Bowl. The Browns have a ton of young studs and many of them are on rookie contracts. Having Mayfield, Ward, and Garrett on cost controlled rookie deals is unbelievable. Paying pennies for those high priced positions allowed them to spend big on OBJ, Landry, and Vernon. I think they will win 2 Super Bowls in the next 5 years if their key players avoid injuries. TRUST THE PROCESS

Wait, you mean draft good talent that you have on rookie deals that allow you to go out and get aggressive in free agency and trades?? I thought you sit on those rookie contracts for 3-4 years and waste time taking about how you have to pay them eventually instead of using that time to get aggressive? The Jone’s know best they have been building winning teams since Jimmy left 20 plus years ago.

jchap

Reaction score
It only took my entire lifetime of sucking to see some light at the end of the tunnel!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tanking is the right way to build a stacked team and win the Super Bowl. The Browns have a ton of young studs and many of them are on rookie contracts. Having Mayfield, Ward, and Garrett on cost controlled rookie deals is unbelievable. Paying pennies for those high priced positions allowed them to spend big on OBJ, Landry, and Vernon. I think they will win 2 Super Bowls in the next 5 years if their key players avoid injuries. TRUST THE PROCESS

Lol - yeah, it was a great strategy to “tank” for the last 30 years. We all thought they just sucked.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score

Why does everyone assume Mayfield is a great Franchise QB but last year when Watson was on pace to 4x his production this year...you guys keep *****ing that Watson was a rookie and it take 3 years for rookies to establish themselves as franchise QBs?

I am so confused by the 180. So if Kyler Murray tears it up next year will everyone go back to the Watson standard or is Baker now the new standard by which we judge rookies?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Nonsense. The ONLY thing that makes it all work is they found mayfield. Without him it’s all just static.
Exactly, meanwhile I think they broke the record for most failed attempts at a starting qb in franchise history (going back just to their expansion start and not counting the history that was bestowed to them because of their name, uniform and city). How many have they tried? 40?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Exactly, meanwhile I think they broke the record for most failed attempts at a starting qb in franchise history (going back just to their expansion start and not counting the history that was bestowed to them because of their name, uniform and city). How many have they tried? 40?

Agreed. But they passed on several qbs also.