The Bums who need to go. List them

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The Dak hate here is absolutely disgusting and i get the feeling im witnessing more groupthink than anything else.
Merry Christmas football geniuses
The Dak love is even more disgusting given his play this season.

Its one thing if his problems could be coached up and fixed, but:

1. We dont have that coaching here

2. This is who he is. Its why he was a 4th round pick and its the same QB hes been his whole life

rags747

Reaction score
Garopollo , Smith , cousins are free agents. Sign one of them to a 2/3 year deal draft a QB let rush and rookie groom. Get a 2nd for Dak while you can.
I would take Garopollo in a heartbeat, 49'ers will sign him for big bucks though. They ain't letting him go. We ain't getting a 2nd for Dak I don't think.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Dez
Witten
Green
Scandrick
Wilson
Jones

I would say Dak but they’ll at least let him play out his rookie deal

egn22

Reaction score
The Dak love is even more disgusting given his play this season.

Its one thing if his problems could be coached up and fixed, but:

1. We dont have that coaching here

2. This is who he is. Its why he was a 4th round pick and its the same QB hes been his whole life
He’s been a WINNER his whole life as we saw in his play last year.
Guy loses his All Pro left tackle, and his #1 WR can’t run routes or catch passes. 2nd year QB... that has to affect his confidence. Add to that poor play calling and Dak is doomed.
He’s still learning but he’s learning despite having a completely incompetent coach.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
He’s been a WINNER his whole life as we saw in his play last year.
Guy loses his All Pro left tackle, and his #1 WR can’t run routes or catch passes. 2nd year QB... that has to affect his confidence. Add to that poor play calling and Dak is doomed.
He’s still learning but he’s learning despite having a completely incompetent coach.
Excuses excuses excuses

So its his LT and #1 WR fault that he cant read a defense? Is it their fault that every pass he makes is within 10 yards? Is it their fault he has poor pocket presence?

egn22

Reaction score
Excuses excuses excuses

So its his LT and #1 WR fault that he cant read a defense? Is it their fault that every pass he makes is within 10 yards? Is it their fault he has poor pocket presence?

Losing an all pro left tackle is a significant loss..... COMBINED with the other items i mentioned, makes for some significant issues.
Our coach and his system is the main problem.... if you wanna ignore the historic season Dak had last year and you wanna scrap all of that.... I don’t know what to say

yentl911

Reaction score
Dez
Butler
Chaz Green
Tapper
Scandrick

Leading the list for me would be a non player - Red. His message is old and we need a change of scenery

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Honestly don't think many players need to go. The whole coaching staff are the bums that need to go. We keep putting it on the players every year. I think the roster is pretty decent. Could use some depth at key positions.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Losing an all pro left tackle is a significant loss..... COMBINED with the other items i mentioned, makes for some significant issues.
Our coach and his system is the main problem.... if you wanna ignore the historic season Dak had last year and you wanna scrap all of that.... I don’t know what to say
How about he was awful in games in which Tyron Smith was completely healthy.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Well this place is going to be unbearable until the draft show rolls again it seems.

If you want to get rid of coahes that is fine. OTOH, unless it is a salary, age or personality issue, then just cutting people to spite them and assuage your feelings is monumentally foolish.

The entire idea is to improve the talent; and that means replacing the guys at the end of the roster not the ones that make you mad cause you see them play.. I too think the WR pool needs talent and we need better QB play. That being said TWill would look a heck of a lot better as a backup and someone better starting.

egn22

Reaction score
How about he was awful in games in which Tyron Smith was completely healthy.
So after the historic year we saw from him last season he forgot how to play?
He proved over and over last year that he was legit. Having a sophomore slump. You don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. You help develop your QB, you offer proper support with a winning coach that can lead him in the right direction.
You DONT continue to do the same thing with the same coach in the same system that didn’t even work with Tony Romo.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
So after the historic year we saw from him last season he forgot how to play?
He proved over and over last year that he was legit. Having a sophomore slump. You don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. You help develop your QB, you offer proper support with a winning coach that can lead him in the right direction.
You DONT continue to do the same thing with the same coach in the same system that didn’t even work with Tony Romo.
I agree that the coach and system need to be jettisonned. Ive been saying that since 2011.

As far as last year, its irrelevant. RGIII had an outstanding rookie season as well, and look how he ended up. In his case, at least he was a first round pick that his team gave up a ton of resources for.

One season worth of work isnt enough for me to say we shouldnt move on from him no matter how poorly he plays.

egn22

Reaction score
I agree that the coach and system need to be jettisonned. Ive been saying that since 2011.

As far as last year, its irrelevant.

One season worth of work isnt enough for me to say we shouldnt move on from him no matter how poorly he plays.

I disagree that last year is irrelevant but if we use your logic why would we consider replacing our QB who’s on a rookie contract?? Especially if you’ve wanted a new coach since 2011.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Coaches-
All

Players-

Crawford
Byron
Terrance
Wilber
Chaz
Bell
Scandrick

Hot Seat (1 more year to prove yourself)

Dak
Maliek
Brown

Still like but getting older

Witten
Dez
Seemingly Tyron

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I disagree that last year is irrelevant but if we use your logic why would we consider replacing our QB who’s on a rookie contract?? Especially if you’ve wanted a new coach since 2011.
Because hes a waste of time. He will never be the QB that you and others think he is or could be.

This was my worst nightmare as a fan. Having to watch my team try and compete with a QB that cant throw.