The Cards

ShiningStar

Reaction score
My take on Arizona. Have watched a lot of red zone. And watched the game today against eagles. So not an expert but I have seen enough to know a little about how they operate.

Overall this year I have noticed that they get scoring from the big play more than being a team that puts together sustained drives.

Today they had 14 points off an 80 yd pass to fitz. And a long ball to another wr on 3rd and 5.

Palmer isn't the turnover machine he was in the recent past. His o line is ok. He has a great touch on the deep ball. But sometimes I wonder what he is looking at when reading the field. Today he was throwing short to guys who are well covered. And dumping off to rb for a loss when he wasn't really pressured.

It would appear that he wants to go to a certain guy at the start of the play and if that is not there immediately check down.

Their run game is ok but theyvare notvgoing to control a game with the run.

The run defense did a good job today against McCoy.

Pass rush seemed pathetic until they blitzed.

Eagles o line is pretty good in pass protection. Eagles passed for a lot of yards. The cards pass defense is ranked near last. In today's game I can see why. Foles had all day to throw.

heres the only thing you need to know about Arizona, they arent scared anymore.

MrMom

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if Linehan will adjust to the zero-blitz look. Bowles is a very aggressive coordinator like Haslett, but he has more talent in the secondary. They're going to send pressure all day.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
They never were.

i think a little worriedness, maybe a question or two, but no more, those hopes are dashed. you saw the real Dez, you saw Dallas revert and you saw a defense that doesnt own qbs, rookies to the journeymen.

loublue22

Reaction score
Seattle blitzed and we picked it up all day, I don't know what it is about Washington but we looked clueless

hopefully we can recapture some of that Seattle magic

Wayne02

Reaction score
i think a little worriedness, maybe a question or two, but no more, those hopes are dashed. you saw the real Dez, you saw Dallas revert and you saw a defense that doesnt own qbs, rookies to the journeymen.

Yep, I have a feeling that Carson Palmer is going to have a career day.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Yep, I have a feeling that Carson Palmer is going to have a career day.

OTher teams, unlike Dallas, look for the weaknesses and exploit them, Dallas finds a weakness in their own team and exploits that. All Garrett all day.

Wood

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if Linehan will adjust to the zero-blitz look. Bowles is a very aggressive coordinator like Haslett, but he has more talent in the secondary. They're going to send pressure all day.

I think every defense in the league is going to send pressure after watching Washington tonight.

Zman5

Reaction score
Seattle blitzed and we picked it up all day, I don't know what it is about Washington but we looked clueless

Seattle didn't send the whole house like Washington did. Washington sent more blitzers than we had blockers.

rwalters31

Reaction score
Watching the game today, I came to one conclusion. I wouldn't go as far and say both Cards or Eagirls are frauds. I will, however, say that neither team impressed me and don't scare me at all.

After watching the Commander game you should be very, very concerned! If we had played either of those teams this weekend we would have had our a _ _ handed to us!

nablives

Reaction score

I'd like some more in-depth analysis on that comparison, because it sure did seem as if the Skins were dead set on blitzing on every 3rd down and every obvious passing down. I don't recall the Seahawks being quite as all-in as the Commanders were last night.

superonyx

Reaction score
We can't say that because the cardinals are more talented than the Commanders and the Commanders blitz killed us that automatically the cardinals will kill us. That's not how this works.

One week to the next. One team to the next. Maybe Arizona blitzes a safety and dallas turns it into an 80 yards running play and they never blitz again.

We all can agree that Dallas better have a plan for beating the defensive blitz last night no matter who they play.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Cards have won 13 of their last 16. Definitely for real.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I think they ate over achieving. I credit that to the coach. I think in the second half if the season they are going to falter a bit.

They were fortunate to get that win today

Considering Philly marched from the 20 to have 3 shots to win the game, with the last being with 1 second left.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This match up scares me more than any this year other than the Seattle match up.

I'm really concerned about this game.