The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I said this years ago…. We will be wasting a talented roster training the Jason Garrett project at QB and when that roster is depleted and Dak loses once again, his fanboys will start re-cycling the excuses. We heard it with the OL and now the defense. The defense was number 1 in scoring and TOs two years in a row. Zeke and Pollard at one point we were the best 1-2 combination in the league.

Dak fans got to pretend 7 years prior to last year didn’t exist, even if we somehow blame the defense last year.
Lol..ok. So, two questions.....how do you explain the defense playing absolutely horrible in the GB playoff game. Two....how do you think you're going to replace Dak with a QB and win the SB with the current roster?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I have to believe the Cowboys are at least asking teams about their interest level, it just makes no sense not to IMO. If the Cowboys have not signed Dak yet there clearly is some hesitation either from Dak or the Cowboys. It would be better to move him now than just let him walk after the year since they clearly are not "All in".

Now does that mean they have to move him? Absolutely not, but they should explore what the market would look like.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
The guy makes things up. He's a joker. Carton is not a serious sports guy. He has no connections. He just tries to say things that make people call in.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
You mean fans like you!

Also you want us to struggle without dak, you're a hater.
I'm far from a hater. I just know the chances of them being better than what they have with Dak is less than 10%

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They should trade him.

But they won’t.

Jerry & Son will re-ink him.

They don’t know anything else.
I am honestly shocked they haven't been shopping him around aggressively. Recent history shows are more than a few QB needy teams that would give you a first (or multiple firsts) to get Prescott. Russel Wilson, Watson, and Stafford all netted big draft compensation for their teams. Dallas should be looking to do the same.

It makes all to much sense to perform a sign and trade maneuver given that the front office seems to be covertly tanking this season.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Lol..ok. So, two questions.....how do you explain the defense playing absolutely horrible in the GB playoff game. Two....how do you think you're going to replace Dak with a QB and win the SB with the current roster?
1) What does the defense laying an egg in the playoffs have to do with Dak laying an egg in the playoffs? Both can be true at the same time
2) I think anyone who thinks this team can win a superbowl with the current roster with or without Dak is overly optimistic.

I think the advantage to moving on from Dak has more to do with prioritizing the improvement of the rest of the roster over relying on a QB to carry the team. At this point either with Dak or not with Dak I think they've waited too long to improve the roster enough to truly be a super bowl contender so it goes back to what's best for the team for 2025.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
2-5 in the playoffs he’s not some 3rd year player that you can build with. He’s had teams with multiple PB’s, All pros, and HOF’rs, loaded lines, stacked run game, coop, lamb, Dez etc… He’s had a top ranked scoring defense, a top TO defense and he can’t get it done. He’s an 8 year vet who has had the offense dumbed down and still panics under pressure, he’s a 1 and done QB. There is nothing to suggest he will get better. He’s a good regular season QB when he’s playing ahead. But keep on with that hopium, boy that stuff is addicting.
This is what many of you don't understand....you can have a stacked team, stacked player or stacked coach. But if you don't come out to play every game, especially in the playoffs, you lose. Common sense...plain and simple. The defense looked far worse than Dak in that playoff game. But, I don't hear ANY of you Dak haters saying anything about the defense laying an egg in that game.

The truth of the matter is, Dak really don't have to get better to win a SB. They can win a SB with him at QB. Superbowls have been won with less. But, many of you don't understand the game. You just want to bash Dak. When he was on a tear during the season, most of you went into hiding and was waiting on the moment he had a bad game. That's how many of you operate. Pay attention to the entire team and game, and you'll see that Dak is more than enough to win a SB with this team. I don't care was at QB against that GB game last season, if the defense played like that...guaranteed loss.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Cooper Rush won't even be 2nd team this year. If you think Rush can lead a team to a Superbowl, then why didn't he take an offer to do so when he had the opportunity? Trust me, if a player believes he's that good, then he's not playing for the pennies (from an NFL standpoint) he's playing for.
Cooper Rush is much better than Lance. He threw for 12,800 yards, and 90 TDs in College, with an 83% winning percentage in the Pros.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's all you can come up with? Bro...I don't need to win friends....Lol. You do win the funniest post with me though...great job! Trophy is in the mail.
I was just kiddin you. Im not (neccessarily) here for friends either im good....just cowboys fellowship.
You WERE....a bit harsh.
:)

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I guess now's the time to trade him. He'll get his long term contract and Dallas can scoop up some good draft picks.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Isn't Lance's "Greatness" measured based on 1 year of Division 2 football? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
What division did Romo play? And, no matter what you do in college, it doesn't necessarily mean it equates to the NFL. If Rush was that good, he would have had a better offer than what he signed for with the Cowboys....trust me.

morat1959

Reaction score
The guy makes things up. He's a joker. Carton is not a serious sports guy. He has no connections. He just tries to say things that make people call in.
Gonna pull one out of the Dak defenders. playbook. He’s as credible as many out there who preach the praise of Dak and more credible than most on this board. He’s had to have heard something.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
1) What does the defense laying an egg in the playoffs have to do with Dak laying an egg in the playoffs? Both can be true at the same time
2) I think anyone who thinks this team can win a superbowl with the current roster with or without Dak is overly optimistic.

I think the advantage to moving on from Dak has more to do with prioritizing the improvement of the rest of the roster over relying on a QB to carry the team. At this point either with Dak or not with Dak I think they've waited too long to improve the roster enough to truly be a super bowl contender so it goes back to what's best for the team for 2025.
Dak really didn't lay an egg. He didn't play his best. Laying an egg is when you don't move the offense and you can't score. The defense laying an egg is when you give up 30-something points in the playoffs. That won't fly I don't care who's QB.

And they absolutely can better this roster with the current roster. I'm a little pessimistic after FA but this is a young team. A new QB. A new team doesn't mean a SB anytime soon. So...we could possibly be looking at another 8-10 years of not winning the SB. If that's what you want...then I understand.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
So is Dak getting traded before or after Jerry sales the team?