The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You trade for Dak if your team is stacked. They aren’t. They need a young QB in the draft they aren’t ready to compete now they suck.
I don’t agree with that at all.

Here’s an exercise; What are the Dallas Cowboys without Dak Prescott?

You lost 6-7 starters, lost Dan Quinn, will probably need to start multiple rookies next year, and then pick up some cheaper FA’s in June/July to fill remaining holes. Then your schedule is a bit harder than last year, as you’re now a first place schedule playing SF again, DET again, The Texans, and the entire AFC North. 3 playoff teams there + Burrow’s return. Take this team as it is, remove Dak Prescott and insert 11 games from Lance and 6 from rush… and what is Dallas? Are you an 8 win team? A 7 win team? 6 wins?

Las Vegas last year was not a bad team, they were a mediocre team. 8-9 despite everything happening. In fact, since they fired their coach that everyone hated, they had a winning record over the final 9 games while starting a rookie QB who’ll probably never start again. In their 9 losses, 5 times did their opponents score 24 of fewer points. Nobody could get the ball to Davante. They had the 7th best scoring defense, better than Dallas, NYJ, Houston, and Pittsburgh. They lost 0-3 to the Vikings, 13-20 to the Dolphins, 23-20 to the Colts, 23-18 to the Steelers. They beat the SB Chiefs in KC. They blew the Chargers out 63-21. Swept the Broncos out of the playoffs.

And then they went out and brought in probably the best defensive addition to any team. Maxx Crosby and Tyree Wilson lining up next to Christian Wilkins is gonna be an insane Dline. With Dak That team would be favored if Pitt came to their stadium, Miami did, Cleveland did, new Buffalo did. Houston would be a toss up. That’s 5 of the 7 AFC playoff teams.

Thats a 13-4 team if Dak played for them last year. Would Dak throwing to Davante Adams and Wilkins added to this 8-9 team win 10 games in 2024? Yes. 11 games? Yes. 12 games? A good chance. If the Raiders go 12-5, you would still feel they weren’t a QB away?

Last edited:

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying we need to draft a qb maybe they think Lance is the answer, we don’t know !
Look fat mike knows very little about winning in the playoffs but he does know how to develop a qb. Maybe he knows something we don’t

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t agree with that at all.

Here’s an exercise; What are the Dallas Cowboys without Dak Prescott?

You lost 6-7 starters, lost Dan Quinn, will probably need to start multiple rookies next year, and then pick up some cheaper FA’s in June/July to fill remaining holes. Then your schedule is a bit harder than last year, as you’re now a first place schedule playing SF again, DET again, The Texans, and the entire AFC North. 3 playoff teams there + Burrow’s return. Take this team as it is, remove Dak Prescott and insert 11 games from Lance and 6 from rush… and what is Dallas? Are you an 8 win team? A 7 win team? 6 wins?

Las Vegas last year was not a bad team, they were a mediocre team. 8-9 despite everything happening. In fact, since they fired their coach that everyone hated, they had a winning record over the final 9 games while starting a rookie QB who’ll probably never start again. In their 9 losses, 5 times did their opponents score 24 of fewer points. Nobody could get the ball to Davante. They had the 7th best scoring defense, better than Dallas, NYJ, Houston, and Pittsburgh. They lost 0-3 to the Vikings, 13-20 to the Dolphins, 23-20 to the Colts, 23-18 to the Steelers. They beat the SB Chiefs in KC. They blew the Chargers out 63-21. Swept the Broncos out of the playoffs.

And then they went out and brought in probably the best defensive addition to any team. Maxx Crosby and Tyree Wilson lining up next to Christian Wilkins is gonna be an insane Dline. That team would be favored if Pitt came to their stadium, Miami did, Cleveland did, new Buffalo did. That’s over half the AFC playoff teams.

Thats a 13-4 team if Dak played for them last year. Would Dak throwing to Davante freaking Adams and Wilkins added to this 8-9 team win 10 games in 2024? Yes. 11 games? Yes. 12 games? A good chance. If the Raiders go 12-5, you would still feel they weren’t a QB away?
Yeah I disagree. 8-9 sucks and Wilkins and Dak isn’t enough to make them a legit contender to me.

Motorola

Reaction score
$$$$$$$ and location. LV would be an attractive opportunity if you’re Dak. Assuming that these rumors have any teeth, I don’t think they do, but LV if you’re Dak is an interesting option.
After the abysmal QB acts that followed "St. Drew"...Saiints owner Gayle Benson and longtime franchise executive (since 2000) Mickey Loomis need to broker a deal with Jones and Jones so they can bring in a Louisiana native that has succeeded against football odds to be a marquee QB in the NFL.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
After the abysmal QB acts that followed "St. Drew"...Saiints owner Gayle Benson and longtime franchise executive (since 2000) Mickey Loomis need to broker a deal with Jones and Jones so they can bring in a Louisiana native that has succeeded against football odds to be a marquee QB in the NFL.
I don’t really care what team it is. I was responding to why LV.

shabazz

Reaction score
Please let this happen! What makes me think it’s total BS is the 4 draft picks and Minshew. Is there really a team in the league that’s dumb enough to give up more than a 2 and a 4 for dumb Dak.
Espn claims that he's worth two 1sts.......of course they also thought that Fields would rate a 1st round pick too, lol

It's cute that a few chosen qbs are propped up and protected by sports media outlets until they are proven wrong by NFL general managers.

shabazz

Reaction score
Stop the namecalling. That includes mocking your fellow members' usernames in your posts.
I agree......everybody knows that the name Shabazz be attribute , so no sense going down that road

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
he's not great but he kept the colts in the playoff race until the last week and that was without their best player. he's an upgrade over anyone else in the qb room.
He's adequate at best. With the lack of coaching and accountability with this franchise, we would be what we are now. Good enough for playoffs most years, but never a serious Super Bowl contender.

No thanks to mediocrity. We've had enough.

Motorola

Reaction score
I don’t really care what team it is. I was responding to why LV.
And I was just offering that NO is another team destination for Prescott that would be just as appealing.
(Probably more so going home - with the caveat Vega$ offer is better than Nawlins...if both teams actively pursue Prescott.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Whether or not this happens is irrelevant.

The fact that it’s just more smoke that Daks days as a Cowboy are ending is what really matters.

The end is here.
Maybe.

I can see the lack of negotians and also the teammates relatives insults as an impetus for Dak to look for a fresh start.

Unlikely. But maybe.

This is a unique position. Technically dak was in the mvp race. Rival Fans clown him. 90% of the fans dont believe in Him. The players and coaches probably don’t believe in him. And honestly he probably doesn’t believe in himself

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I would trade him for just conditional picks. Just to get out of his contract. I don’t think anyone would rather have him at $200m than a fun roomie like jj mcarhty

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
minshew would keep us competitive now imo.
I think so too. He'd be a downgrade, but not a significant one. Good competition for Lance to get a gaugue on what both have to offer. It also opens up the possibility of packaging some picks and trading up for a QB, without exhausting future assets.

Proof

Reaction score
Tyron? Tyron will be playing LT for a team that many considered last season to be on the cusp of a SB appearance as long as the QB held up. Self-evidently, it was that last part that was a bad assumption.

Dak is in a very different situation, if only by virtue of the fact that he plays the same position as Aaron Rodgers... but to my point that was conveniently side-stepped... on the other side of this season, Dak's self-interests lie solidly in having another banner season and making another playoff appearance, and thus, impressing the hell out of everyone who might be in the market for a QB next off-season.

Last thing Dak wants is to leave the place where he has a highly-reasonable shot at achieving those self-interests, on the chance that he might feel more wanted and appreciated... the chance.
Like Tyron wanting out of Dallas was what I said. Not that their landing spots would be comparable.