The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
1. For a guy that followed me around for about 4 years trying to convince me Dak was elite and I didn’t know QB play, you seem to have a lot of confidence in yourself.

2. It seems like a lot of excuses, just like the “defense” excuse when Dalton ended up with a better record than Dak and 4 of the the wins after the bye his “scoring offense” averaged 34 PPG with a shot OL, but leads continue..

3. Imagine that, Rush didn’t put up enough points to win and that too without a full training camp with the starters and a more conservative game plan.

Dallas was up 17-0 at half against the Bengals, were moving the ball led by Rush. Sound like Rush was doing just fine and were about to be up 24-9, if Schultz didn’t fumble at the Cinci 26, after Rush led them from their own 35. But yeah, sounds like a lot of excuses, becayse guess what the defense folded after Burrow tied the game and yet, Rush led them to a FG driving from the 35 yard line to the Cinci 32.

Doesn’t sound like defense to me…

Against the Giants, it was 13-13 going into the 4th and lo and behold, Rush puts up

I wouldn’t even go that far. Cousins has a way better release and mechanics and has played behind a way worse OL and a bad defense.
followed you around. more like proved you wrong and you are angry at me because of it. come on dude.

and I find it funny how you just hang on to losers and tie yourself to their anchors and sink sink sink sink.

yeah, Dalton and Rush, two red head QBs (you must have a thing for red heads), who NOBODY in the NFL wanted. come on dude. please I beg you stop embarassing yourself.

and its very ironic. your 2nd point talks about excuses. then you say Rush was great if Schultz didn't fumble. I swear you can't make this stuff up.

nice try at a spin and bunch of excuses which you complained about. come on dude. stop it. just stop it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Fans think Dak has the leverage.

As the team owner, Jerry has control. He hires/fires.

Of course Jerry wants the draft picks.

But if/when the trade window closes without a deal, he will just cut Dak and take the cap savings.

When does the window close? I’d guess late June/early July.

The pressure is on Dak. If he wants to keep the $29 million base for 2024.

Who wants to lose $29 million?
do you think if Dak is cut he is going to remain unemployed? are you that childish. this is like 2nd grade argument with little girls.

Dak would love for that to happen. because he will sign with a new team, and get boat load more money than the 29M with the bonus alone...geez dude and you are the one who is proclaiming we can have a herschel walker type trade for Dak....

. the pressure is on Jerry who left himself no option. Dak was the #5 jersey sales in NFL. how is Jerry going to replace that?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Did we get the 2 1st rounder yet?
Silence, if he manages to get 1st round pick for the dog team killer I will consider it a miracle.
its jerry we are talking about. he traded a 1st to get cooper. signed him to a large contract. then traded him for a 5th.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We lost a long time ago when you didn't put Tony back in 2016 and kept inepto as a back up to possibly learn the game more.
We have gained since then 2 wildcard wins.
If it hurts...............CUT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Romo's time had come and gone. he also underachieved and sucked. his playoff record was abysmal. and he even has the trophy for losing at home as a #1 seed. how much did that suck.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Fans think Dak has the leverage.

As the team owner, Jerry has control. He hires/fires.

Of course Jerry wants the draft picks.

But if/when the trade window closes without a deal, he will just cut Dak and take the cap savings.

When does the window close? I’d guess late June/early July.

The pressure is on Dak. If he wants to keep the $29 million base for 2024.

Who wants to lose $29 million?
If Dak were to be cut now or “June/early July” he sign with and play for another team. He may not be a $60 million per season player, but he’d certainly get a taker at more than $29 million for the 2024 season. And you can’t “save” cap space. The Cowboys would be responsible for exhausting what has not yet been from the contract they signed with him years ago. It is unfortunate they agreed to the no trade clause, but they did. The gives him a degree of leverage he would not have if he didn’t have that clause in his contract. The only thing better for Dak than becoming a free agent in March, 2025 would be becoming a free agent even sooner. Either way, he’s in a great place financially from a player’s perspective. Losing him by cutting him would mean the Cowboys don’t get so much as a 3rd round compensatory draft pick in the 2026 draft. Dak would lose nothing if he were cut. He most likely would sign for even more elsewhere. I’m not sure you’ve thought this through.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Then when I think about it, us being quiet and not spending would be good for him so that we COULD get a deal done with him right?
Possible as well. It’s just odd for so much silence with their big mouths in the media.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Im looking at Dak, Mahomes, Cousins, Rodgers, Purdy and Allen's advanced passing stats on pro-football-referrence.com...

I was mainly looking at their stats for bad throw percentages, on target percentages, drops per pass...they are all pretty close in these stats, nothing glaring that sticks out on any one of them compared to others...

But I did notice a really weird stat of Dak's that is odd compared to the other QB's...Dak's throwaway numbers are so low compared to the other QB's. Josh Allen is a bruising runner who loves to tuck and go...and he has way more Throwaways than Dak.

Dak has low INT's...but Dak is either tucking and running instead of throwing ball away, just throwing balls at WR's that would have been better to throwaway or we have an odd route tree system/offense passing game than other teams.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I wouldn’t even go that far. Cousins has a way better release and mechanics and has played behind a way worse OL and a bad defense.
Well no argument from me.

To me....I think MAYBE if I had a bad team, I would prefer Cousins....and if I had a good team I would prefer Dak...MAYBE

or more likely, I'd just flip a coin for the 2, knowing that either guy would lead me to the same result: playoff failure

khiladi

Reaction score

To me....I think MAYBE if I had a bad team, I would prefer Cousins....and if I had a good team I would prefer Dak...MAYBE

or more likely, I'd just flip a coin for the 2, knowing that either guy would lead me to the same result: playoff failure
I’d take Cousins in a heartbeat.. we’ll see this year with Bijan Robinson behind him running the ball, it should be interesting..

FanofJerry

Reaction score

Take the QB with less INT's. Dak's INT % is lower than Cousins career wise.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I said it a couple weeks ago. Someone said "Dak holds ALL the cards".

I was like...you fer real dude? Jerry's The Boss. If Dak doesn't "play"...Jerry can sit Dak or cut him. The ULTIMATE cards.
you're on fire today sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I’d take Cousins in a heartbeat.. we’ll see this year with Bijan Robinson behind him running the ball, it should be interesting..
the more pure pocket passing just makes my eyes and thoughts happy, I wish dak were better with that, not that he's bad just want a more pure passer

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If Dak were to be cut now or “June/early July” he sign with and play for another team. He may not be a $60 million per season player, but he’d certainly get a taker at more than $29 million for the 2024 season. And you can’t “save” cap space. The Cowboys would be responsible for exhausting what has not yet been from the contract they signed with him years ago. It is unfortunate they agreed to the no trade clause, but they did. The gives him a degree of leverage he would not have if he didn’t have that clause in his contract. The only thing better for Dak than becoming a free agent in March, 2025 would be becoming a free agent even sooner. Either way, he’s in a great place financially from a player’s perspective. Losing him by cutting him would mean the Cowboys don’t get so much as a 3rd round compensatory draft pick in the 2026 draft. Dak would lose nothing if he were cut. He most likely would sign for even more elsewhere. I’m not sure you’ve thought this through.
Most of the big FA money will be gone by Summer.

Especially after the upcoming Draft/Undrafted FA signings.

Dak would be looking for a QB1 job and most of those jobs would be set by then. That means a scrub team. And his $29 million base would be gone.

But I look for things to settle before the draft.

Jerry is in control of the discussions. He always has been.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
do you think if Dak is cut he is going to remain unemployed? are you that childish. this is like 2nd grade argument with little girls.

Dak would love for that to happen. because he will sign with a new team, and get boat load more money than the 29M with the bonus alone...geez dude and you are the one who is proclaiming we can have a herschel walker type trade for Dak....

. the pressure is on Jerry who left himself no option. Dak was the #5 jersey sales in NFL. how is Jerry going to replace that?
The post June 1 cut is leverage over Daks no trade clause in his existing contract.

Also, Jerry isn’t doing an extension. More leverage.

But leverage only works if Dak thinks he will get cut, and thus lose his $29 million base for the upcoming 2024 season.

We can use the savings in our 2024/25 cap.

We need at least 20-25 million in space just to operate.

Jerry likely doesn’t care where Dak goes. AFC would be best. NFCE QB1s are mostly set.

This is all Daks fault.

When you make the boss Man-Cry in front of millions, then you got it coming.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
:facepalm:

so you complain incessantly about Dak. what has cousins done? NADA. he cashed out a lot of guaranteed contracts.....he is 1-4 in playoffs. wow. another anchor you tied yourself too.
btw, he did play with Dalvin cook on his team and still accomplished NADA.
I am going to throw this comment right back at you at the end of the season. just like your hanging on to Rush and Dalton :lmao:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The post June 1 cut is leverage over Daks no trade clause in his existing contract.

Also, Jerry isn’t doing an extension. More leverage.

But leverage only works if Dak thinks he will get cut, and thus lose his $29 million base for the upcoming 2024 season.

We can use the savings in our 2024/25 cap.

We need at least 20-25 million in space just to operate.

Jerry likely doesn’t care where Dak goes. AFC would be best. NFCE QB1s are mostly set.

This is all Daks fault.

When you make the boss Man-Cry in front of millions, then you got it coming.
how is it a leverage? right now, Dak and his agent are sitting pretty.
make 30M this season. become FA next season with no string attached.
if he gets cut after June 1st, his 30 Million translates to 70m+. with bonus, salary, etc. and a new contract.
Dak and his Agent want to hit FA, the sooner the better. they are daring Jerry to cut Dak.

Jerry very much cares if Dak goes. Dak was #5 in jersey sales in the NFL last year. that's a lot of money Jerry would have to replace.

this is all Jerry's fault. he as you said is in charge. he signed the contract. he agreed to the terms. he put himself in this position.

like I said, you argue like a 2nd grade girl. all emotional, full of tears. no logic

btw, I would love to negotiate with you if there ever comes an opportunity. I am licking my chops at suckers like you