The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around

csirl

Reaction score
Whether or not some other team will pay Dak more than 29m a year is not a deciding factor in whether or not Dak gets cut.

But, to be honest, I doubt he'll get 29m+ if he's cut in June/July. Most recently cut starters end up as backups or injury replacements om less than 10m, and more often than not, less than 5m per annum.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Most of the big FA money will be gone by Summer.

Especially after the upcoming Draft/Undrafted FA signings.

Dak would be looking for a QB1 job and most of those jobs would be set by then. That means a scrub team. And his $29 million base would be gone.

But I look for things to settle before the draft.

Jerry is in control of the discussions. He always has been.
No, the “big FA money” will not be “gone by summer”. You’re making that up. Teams make room to sign players they think can make them better. Dak would be a coveted acquisition, particularly after the draft when things have settled down. Jerry gave up “control of the discussions” when he agreed to the NTC. I’m sure he’s smart enough to understands the downside of a no trade clause. He probably thought the Cowboys were on the verge of a Super Bowl appearance. That did not happen. Now his choice is sign Dak Prescott to a subsequent contract or don’t sign him to one. The trade option belongs to Dak and his representation. It’s not ideal for the Cowboys. It is what it is. If Jerry Jones felt he had a viable alternative to be QB1 for his team in 2024 he’d likely move on from Dak. He has not done that.

kskboys

Reaction score
Whether or not some other team will pay Dak more than 29m a year is not a deciding factor in whether or not Dak gets cut.

But, to be honest, I doubt he'll get 29m+ if he's cut in June/July. Most recently cut starters end up as backups or injury replacements om less than 10m, and more often than not, less than 5m per annum.
Don't see how this is correct. High level starters who get cut end up as starters on another team. Can't think of one example where a high level QB got cut and ended up a backup. I think you may be thinking of QB's who get cut because they're not good.

All of the FA QB's that come to mind who got cut got big contracts as starters. Cousins, Carr, Rodgers, Brady.

If Dak gets cut, he'll easily sign for 40+ mil/season.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
:facepalm:

so you complain incessantly about Dak. what has cousins done? NADA. he cashed out a lot of guaranteed contracts.....he is 1-4 in playoffs. wow. another anchor you tied yourself too.
btw, he did play with Dalvin cook on his team and still accomplished NADA.
I am going to throw this comment right back at you at the end of the season. just like your hanging on to Rush and Dalton :lmao:
Its always intangibles, team stats or some weird flaw these critics move the goal posts to...

Playoff Yips, cant read or throw, team stats to define an individual...

The hate is pronounced.

What is obvious in all of this, other than the hate, is that real GM's dont weight these "flaws" as heavy as these message board GM's. Not one GM is passing up Mahomes if he was available if he had never won a Super Bowl. Not a single GM. No GM is looking at a stupid team stat to evaluate a player.

Dak's price might have gotten a little too high...but not one GM thinks they couldnt win with him.

The Cowboys have never decreased the amount of throws Dak makes...which says to me that the coaches, scouts, consultants dont think his flaws are as great as Khiladi. But...the lazy, easy, low hanging fruit message board excuse is "the FO is just dumb". Ok.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Thinking about this without bias, I'm not sure the Cowboys would trade Dak to the Raiders.

They could realistically ask for a 1st and 2nd this year and a 1st next year in a trade. For 2024, that means Dallas would have the 13, 24, 44, and 56 picks. But to get one of the top QB prospects they would have to trade up.

In this scenario I would rather they fill other needs with all those picks, see what they have in Trey Lance this year, then use their two 1st round picks in 2025 for a QB should Lance fail.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
how is it a leverage? right now, Dak and his agent are sitting pretty.
make 30M this season. become FA next season with no string attached.
if he gets cut after June 1st, his 30 Million translates to 70m+. with bonus, salary, etc. and a new contract.
Dak and his Agent want to hit FA, the sooner the better. they are daring Jerry to cut Dak.

Jerry very much cares if Dak goes. Dak was #5 in jersey sales in the NFL last year. that's a lot of money Jerry would have to replace.

this is all Jerry's fault. he as you said is in charge. he signed the contract. he agreed to the terms. he put himself in this position.

like I said, you argue like a 2nd grade girl. all emotional, full of tears. no logic

btw, I would love to negotiate with you if there ever comes an opportunity. I am licking my chops at suckers like you
Trade or cut…all the same for Dallas.

No trade clause means nothing.

Jerry wants draft picks for a trade.

Per Spotrac:

POST-6/1 RELEASE
2024 Dead Cap: $26,455,000
2025 Dead Cap: $40,460,000

2024 Cap Savings: $29,000,000. <=== Daks base salary

POST-6/1 TRADE
2024 Dead Cap: $26,455,000
2025 Dead Cap: $40,460,000

2024 Cap Savings: $29,000,000 <=== Daks base salary

DuncanIso

Reaction score
No, the “big FA money” will not be “gone by summer”. You’re making that up. Teams make room to sign players they think can make them better. Dak would be a coveted acquisition, particularly after the draft when things have settled down. Jerry gave up “control of the discussions” when he agreed to the NTC. I’m sure he’s smart enough to understands the downside of a no trade clause. He probably thought the Cowboys were on the verge of a Super Bowl appearance. That did not happen. Now his choice is sign Dak Prescott to a subsequent contract or don’t sign him to one. The trade option belongs to Dak and his representation. It’s not ideal for the Cowboys. It is what it is. If Jerry Jones felt he had a viable alternative to be QB1 for his team in 2024 he’d likely move on from Dak. He has not done that.
No. It’s true.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2024/

At the moment, the Patriots have the most free space.

$31 million in free cap.

The big FA money has been spent.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Yeah sounds good. We know the real you.

You don’t really support the team, when all you do is get bent out of shape over Dak.

The fact you can’t see he’s the problem is sad. Jerry as loyal as they come and stupid with money, even he isn’t jumping to sign Dak, that should tell you something
Lmao...believe what you want. You don't know. And yes! I support Dak! Absolutely! I support the Cowboys, playa! Don't try to label me cause you don't support them. I'll ask you....how is Dak the problem? Cause I've seen every game.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Lmao...believe what you want. You don't know. And yes! I support Dak! Absolutely! I support the Cowboys, playa! Don't try to label me cause you don't support them. I'll ask you....how is Dak the problem? Cause I've seen every game.
Is he a playa, bruh? lmao

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Why would I spend time arguing about which one is better. Follow the logic here.. Rush, a noodle-armed backup, proved that Dak is a pretender. That’s why Dak fans like you desperately try and atttibute the wins of Rush to anybody other than him, meaning the defense, the same defense Dak fanboys claim they are the reason Dak loses.
Lol...don't think because you got likes from other Dak haters, that means you know what you're talking about. Tell me Dak's deficiencies? Tell me why he's the problem when the defense gave up over 30 points. Tell me why he's the problem when he was an MVP finalist. Tell me why he's the problem when he's one of the top QBs statically in the HISTORY of the NFL in the same time span as any other QB. You tell me all of that and then tell me Dak is the problem. I rest my case. Cause I know you can't

Dorsett33

Reaction score
You said he's elite. There is absolutely no part of his play that is elite. Flawed in every way in relation to truly elite NFL QB's. How's that for specific?

PS - your posts don't warrant using the legendary Tony D as your screen name.
I said he's elite? Lmao! I said he's a very good QB. He's that flawed huh? Maaaan....lol. You don't know anything about football.

PS - Regarding my screen name...lmao...that name was given to me cause that's the way I played that many thought. Lmao...this what happens when you feel you got your *** kicked on the debate. And I bet to this day....I'd still run you over....lmao.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Lol...don't think because you got likes from other Dak haters, that means you know what you're talking about. Tell me Dak's deficiencies? Tell me why he's the problem when the defense gave up over 30 points. Tell me why he's the problem when he was an MVP finalist. Tell me why he's the problem when he's one of the top QBs statically in the HISTORY of the NFL in the same time span as any other QB. You tell me all of that and then tell me Dak is the problem. I rest my case. Cause I know you can't
Wow...I mean, wow.

Read and learn...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Look and see....don't take my word for it
I know you are a die hard Cowboy fan, but come on, dude. That is way over the top. lol

I don't know what other posters will say about that, but man!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know you are a die hard Cowboy fan, but come on, dude. That is way over the top. lol

Dak-Zombie ALERT.............DAK-ZOMBIE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dak-prescott-dak.gif

He calls them the DAKKO COWBOYS.................I wonder why?????????????

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dak-Zombie ALERT.............DAK-ZOMBIE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dak-prescott-dak.gif

He calls them the DAKKO COWBOYS.................I wonder why?????????????
No, he's alright, but a little over the top. Just a passionate fan that is all. It's the History of the NFL that got to me. lol

Dorsett33

Reaction score

Again...look it up! Are you afraid what you might find?