The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I don’t understand why JJ ever agreed to the NTC. If France and Prescott required it then that says a lot about Dak. Smh.
The clause is desired so the player can control where they play. Obviously owners would rather not put it in any player’s contract. That it’s in his contract says a lot about Todd France.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
There's probably about a dozen teams who need a starting QB and maybe 3 of them will find one in the draft which leaves about 9 teams that could be desperate enough to make a move to solidify the position for a few years.
Sans Dak Prescott the Dallas Cowboys will be one of those nine teams.

Motorola

Reaction score
There's probably about a dozen teams who need a starting QB and maybe 3 of them will find one in the draft which leaves about 9 teams that could be desperate enough to make a move to solidify the position for a few years.
I asked 'what teams' ...your response was an arbitrary number (9).
Clue me in on the specific teams that will make a move for Prescott either:
a) this offseason;
b) want to aquire him for 2025.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said he wasn't good. I wasn't a kid and actually had more than 8 years of playing football experience under my belt. So...ummm Aikman couldn't have done what he did without that COMPLETE team. Before then...he sucked!
Nonsense.

Big_D

Reaction score
Sans Dak Prescott the Dallas Cowboys will be one of those nine teams.

That's the situation. Cowboys aren't parting with the money or that looks to be the case and they will have to start trying to figure out who the next QB is.

Big_D

Reaction score
I asked 'what teams' ...your response was an arbitrary number (9).
Clue me in on the specific teams that will make a move for Prescott either:
a) this offseason;
b) want to aquire him for 2025.

LOL this isn't a guarantee and it's not very difficult to figure out which teams need QBs and have been rather desperate for years now. Have at it.

Motorola

Reaction score
LOL this isn't a guarantee and it's not very difficult to figure out which teams need QBs and have been rather desperate for years now. Have at it.
So...you don't even feel confident to list a couple of teams that would covet Prescott if he was open to leave Dallas (=waving his NTC), or playing out the final season of his contract and hit FA.

Got it.

Big_D

Reaction score
So...you don't even feel confident to list a couple of teams that covet Prescott to support your premise.
Got it.

Covet? lol Give me a break.. We don't know who covets him considering he's under contract and no team is allowed to make contact.

Here you go..

NE
LV
DEN
MIN
SEA
ARI

I think WAS and CHI find their QBs in the draft.

ALL others could be looking for a QB.

You can't add NYG or CLE because they're already too deep in contracts even though both will likely be looking to move on soon.

kskboys

Reaction score
If the NTC is “meaningless” and Jerry “has all the leverage” then the reason Dak has not been traded is either because no one wants to give the Cowboys much for him or Jerry wants to keep him. Which do you think it is?
Or, even more likely, Jerry is way too bad of a GM to pull off a trade for valuable resources.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
So have I
Dak PrescottCareerKirk Cousins
114Games Played150
2,595Completions3,465
3,873Pass Attempts5,177
67.0%Completion %66.9%
29,459Passing Yards39,471
202Passing Touchdowns270
5.2%Touchdown Percentage5.2%
74Interceptions110
1.9%Interception Percentage2.1%
90Longest Pass81
7.6Yards Per Pass Attempt7.6
7.8Adjusted Yards Per Pass Attempt7.7
11.4Yards Per Completion11.4
258.4Passing Yards Per Game263.1
97.3Quarterback Rating97.9
235Times Sacked304
1,417Yards Lost by Sack2,207
6.8Net Yards Per Pass Attempt6.8
7.0Adjusted Net Yards Per Attempt6.9
5.7%Sack Percentage5.5%

Motorola

Reaction score
Covet? lol Give me a break.. We don't know who covets him considering he's under contract and no team is allowed to make contact.

Here you go..

NE
LV
DEN
MIN
SEA
ARI

I think WAS and CHI find their QBs in the draft.

ALL others could be looking for a QB.

You can't add NYG or CLE because they're already too deep in contracts even though both will likely be looking to move on soon.
NE: after the long, legendary run of B & B...a new beginning with a new legit GM and new HC.
Signs pointing to them trading out of the 3rd overall spot, so the top QB prospects aren't on on their radar. Nevertheless- they are at ground zero in rebuilding the team - so signing a 31 y.o. QB demanding top dollar is a no-go.

LV: another franchise starting from the floor with a new GM & HC.
Just signed QB Gardner Minshew to a 2-year deal to compete with Aiden O'Connell (coming off a rookie season with decent play) for QB1...which could also be the role of bridge QB for an incoming rookie.
Raiders pondering whether to move up from 13th pick overall into the top 5 (NE pick @ 3) to nab Jayden Daniels...or stay put and select Micheal Penix Jr.

DEN: after that Russell Wilson Deal that crashed and burn after only two seasons - they can't afford what Prescott wants ----and why would #4 even entertain going there instead of remaining with Dallas?

MIN: 2 - TWO - 1st round picks in the draft (11 & 23). Go with a highly regarded rookie versus paying Prescott top-dollar.

SEA: again- another team resetting their base with a longtime exec fully taking control and a new HC after legend departs.
Don't see the Seahawks ponying up for a Prescott deal - or him wanting to relocate to the northwest U.S.

ARI: uh, two words - Kyler Murray.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NE: after the long, legendary run of B & B...a new beginning with a new legit GM and new HC.
Signs pointing to them trading out of the 3rd overall spot, so the top QB prospects aren't on on their radar. Nevertheless- they are at ground zero in rebuilding the team - so signing a 31 y.o. QB demanding top dollar is a no-go.

LV: another franchise starting from the floor with a new GM & HC.
Just signed QB Gardner Minshew to a 2-year deal to compete with Aiden O'Connell (coming off a rookie season with decent play) for QB1...which could also be the role of bridge QB for an incoming rookie.
Raiders pondering whether to move up from 13th pick overall into the top 5 (NE pick @ 3) to nab Jayden Daniels...or stay put and select Micheal Penix Jr.

DEN: after that Russell Wilson Deal that crashed and burn after only two seasons - they can't afford what Prescott wants ----and why would #4 even entertain going there instead of remaining with Dallas?

MIN: 2 - TWO - 1st round picks in the draft (11 & 23). Go with a highly regarded rookie versus paying Prescott top-dollar.

SEA: again- another team resetting their base with a longtime exec fully taking control and a new HC after legend departs.
Don't see the Seahawks ponying up for a Prescott deal - or him wanting to relocate to the northwest U.S.

ARI: uh, two words - Kyler Murray.
If Dak is post-June 1st cut Todd won't be able to find any team to pay + 40 million a year esp after how many QBs are being drafted.
Do it Jerry do the Nasty on that fraudo who took your big bag of cash and made you cry!!!!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If Dak is post-June 1st cut Todd won't be able to find any team to pay + 40 million a year esp after how many QBs are being drafted.
Do it Jerry do the Nasty on that fraudo who took your big bag of cash and made you cry!!!!
Not having to give up any compensation whatsoever, more than 10 teams would vie for him in August. His creative agent and a creative GM would easily come to terms. The notion Dak is not going to come out of free agency with a lucrative compensation package is nonsense. Cowboys fans have to come to terms with the fact Dak Prescott is going to be paid a substantial amount of money after he becomes a free agent, not before. Unlike Jerry Jones, Dak and Todd France know what they’re trying to do. Like it or not, Dak is going to get a big contract from some NFL team and the sooner he’s a free agent, the better. Lucky for Cowboys fans Trey Lance is a phenom who can easily win the NFC East as QB1 of the Cowboys.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not having to give up any compensation whatsoever, more than 10 teams would vie for him in August. His creative agent and a creative GM would easily come to terms. The notion Dak is not going to come out of free agency with a lucrative compensation package is nonsense. Cowboys fans have to come to terms with the fact Dak Prescott is going to be paid a substantial amount of money after he becomes a free agent, not before. Unlike Jerry Jones, Dak and Todd France know what they’re trying to do. Like it or not, Dak is going to get a big contract from some NFL team and the sooner he’s a free agent, the better. Lucky for Cowboys fans Trey Lance is a phenom who can easily win the NFC East as QB1 of the Cowboys.
They had concluded that Daktrash was a gimmie to get an extension MVP and all those Garbage wins and stats.
ZINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG ...............Wrong! :banghead:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Jerry Man-cried in front of millions.

#PayBackTime

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Dak made the boss man cry in front of millions of tv fans.

Then wants more mega millions. $$$$

Good luck with that Dak.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I never said he wasn't good. I wasn't a kid and actually had more than 8 years of playing football experience under my belt. So...ummm Aikman couldn't have done what he did without that COMPLETE team. Before then...he sucked!
Aikman was good, but he was not a God. He had arguably the best team ever assembled and money could buy. A majority of the time he only had to drive the bus straight ahead and on cruise control.