The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around

Chasing6

Reaction score
NFL draft in 2 weeks.

If any teams are interested, we should know something soon.

No takers = embarrassment for Dak.

Then this thing moves into a new phase where Dak could get cut and miss some/most/all of the 2024 season.

All of the big FA money has been spent.
Funny.

Dak is not interested in a trade. So there will be no takers by definition of a "No Trade Clause."

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Kind of like in both Niners playoff games where they gave up 42 points combined and Dallas' O put up 29 points combined?
no, not like that....13 points a game is historic good. Ravens in 200 gave up about 10. Bears a few years later around 12.5.....
so yeah, give me a defense like that. I show you some rings.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
For the price of $29 Million, a team can purchase Dak's contract from Jerry.

Throw in some draft picks and it's a deal.

That's cheap for a "top tier NFL QB.''

No takers = None of the other Owners/GMs think Dak is worth the $$$.
No one is giving the Dallas Cowboys anything for Dak Prescott. Every team, including the Cowboys, will keep every option open as long as they can hoping to secure a competent QB1 on a rookie deal or surround their existing QB1 with capable enough talent to make and be competitive in the playoffs. That’s what makes 1st and 2nd round draft choices so valuable. And no team is giving even one of those picks to a team so they can plunge into a $50+ million per season QB. It’s only when a team finds themselves in a position they can’t win with what they have and/or can’t acquire a competent QB1 on a rookie deal will they consider signing a competent vet QB. Like the Falcons and Cousins. Right now, two weeks out from the draft, every team has a plan. Sometime during the 2024 season teams will know if their plan has a chance of success. If not, they’ll do what the Falcons just did. And by then, Dak is a free agent. He is not going to get $60 million per season, but he’s going to get a lot of money to play in the NFL.

kskboys

Reaction score
Just look at how our D played in the playoffs in the 90's SB runs.
Does Jerry even have any clue whatsoever that those were D teams? The D pretty much won all three super bowls, though Neil O'Donnel was definitely the biggest factor in the 3rd one. In the first super bowl vs the Bills, the Bills led 7-0, but the game was turned around by a James Washington INT and a strip sack by Haley.

People have forgotten that the Dallas O mustered 2 FGs in the 1st qtr and got shut out in the 2nd qtr in the 2nd super bowl vs the Bills. Bills led 13-6 at halftime. Game turned on a fumble return for a TD by Washington after a Lett caused fumble, and then another INT by Washington stopped a Bills drive to tie the game.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Does Jerry even have any clue whatsoever that those were D teams? The D pretty much won all three super bowls, though Neil O'Donnel was definitely the biggest factor in the 3rd one. In the first super bowl vs the Bills, the Bills led 7-0, but the game was turned around by a James Washington INT and a strip sack by Haley.

People have forgotten that the Dallas O mustered 2 FGs in the 1st qtr and got shut out in the 2nd qtr in the 2nd super bowl vs the Bills. Bills led 13-6 at halftime. Game turned on a fumble return for a TD by Washington after a Lett caused fumble, and then another INT by Washington stopped a Bills drive to tie the game.
Well a big part of our D was our dominant run game that consistently moved the chains, ate up the clock, and kept our defense off the field.

visionary

Reaction score
no, not like that....13 points a game is historic good. Ravens in 200 gave up about 10. Bears a few years later around 12.5.....
so yeah, give me a defense like that. I show you some rings.
LOL, if my QB needs my defense to hold the opposition to 12 points or less to win, then why exactly should i pay him 60 million/y? Sounds like i need to spend that money on defense

MikeT22

Reaction score
Same thing with the first 3 picks of the draft, we really don't have clue who they consider the best on their board. The 30 visits have a measure of what might happen but depending on what happens those 1st 15 picks because if a guy that didn't expect to be there then things will change.
Yeah I remember last year a lot of talk about our first two picks were about DT, TE and RB.

Mazi wasn’t a surprise but seeing the video where they debated between him and OL Bergeron was unexpected. OL had been talked about but not really for the first round and I never saw Bergeron, who was a consensus early-mid 2nd rounder mentioned as a possible 1st for us.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL, if my QB needs my defense to hold the opposition to 12 points or less to win, then why exactly should i pay him 60 million/y? Sounds like i need to spend that money on defense
Especially in today's game where just about every rule is in place to encourage higher scoring. Even great defenses today get lit up from time to time. Even the Ravens top ranked scoring defense gave up several 30+ point games. Ravens gave a league low 16.2 per game.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yeah I remember last year a lot of talk about our first two picks were about DT, TE and RB.

Mazi wasn’t a surprise but seeing the video where they debated between him and OL Bergeron was unexpected. OL had been talked about but not really for the first round and I never saw Bergeron, who was a consensus early-mid 2nd rounder mentioned as a possible 1st for us.
After the season, McCarthy said our number one priority was to fix the run game and we were looking at DT, TE and RB.

We had an often injured LT, a physically overwhelmed OC, and an under performing RT coming back from an injury. We did nothing and Martin took 100% advantage of it.

O'Cyrus was available and we took Schoonmaker, because we had no idea what we had in Ferguson.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Aikman was good, but he was not a God. He had arguably the best team ever assembled and money could buy. A majority of the time he only had to drive the bus straight ahead and on cruise control.
Totally agree...100%

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Dak PrescottCareerKirk Cousins
114Games Played150
2,595Completions3,465
3,873Pass Attempts5,177
67.0%Completion %66.9%
29,459Passing Yards39,471
202Passing Touchdowns270
5.2%Touchdown Percentage5.2%
74Interceptions110
1.9%Interception Percentage2.1%
90Longest Pass81
7.6Yards Per Pass Attempt7.6
7.8Adjusted Yards Per Pass Attempt7.7
11.4Yards Per Completion11.4
258.4Passing Yards Per Game263.1
97.3Quarterback Rating97.9
235Times Sacked304
1,417Yards Lost by Sack2,207
6.8Net Yards Per Pass Attempt6.8
7.0Adjusted Net Yards Per Attempt6.9
5.7%Sack Percentage5.5%
I like comparing apples to apples. Cousins played a lot more games than Dak. I can do the same with Dak on Josh Allen and Dak has the better statistics. I can do the same with Mahones and Mahones edges out Dak on some categories and Dak edges on others. Doing the same amount of years, is comparing apples to apples.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don’t think they want to trade Prescott, or let him walk.

They just want him cheaper than market rate for the next few years. I’d be stunned if they didn’t cave per usual.

The big factor here is that he cannot be tagged. He can play out the year and go wherever he wants.

That being the case, I don’t understand why anyone would think that a team that isn’t ready to win even if they add Prescott would give up multiple high picks for one year of him. He misses all the off-season work, has to learn a new system, then that team has to start over again at QB next year, or pay him top of the market, which they could have done at that point anyway and kept their picks.

Does that not make full sense? What am I missing?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don’t think they want to trade Prescott, or let him walk.

They just want him cheaper than market rate for the next few years. I’d be stunned if they didn’t cave per usual.

The big factor here is that he cannot be tagged. He can play out the year and go wherever he wants.

That being the case, I don’t understand why anyone would think that a team that isn’t ready to win even if they add Prescott would give up multiple high picks for one year of him. He misses all the off-season work, has to learn a new system, then that team has to start over again at QB next year, or pay him top of the market, which they could have done at that point anyway and kept their picks.

Does that not make full sense? What am I missing?
You are 1,000% correct. A trade at this point is out of the question.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
what!? that's not what I said. my gawd, Dak lives in your head 24x7x60x60. give yourself a break my friend.

this was about Rush not being all that. end of story. give me a defense like that and Dilfer and we win. I didn't say we need a 60M QB to win it. that's you spinning this into another Dak comment.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I like comparing apples to apples. Cousins played a lot more games than Dak. I can do the same with Dak on Josh Allen and Dak has the better statistics. I can do the same with Mahones and Mahones edges out Dak on some categories and Dak edges on others. Doing the same amount of years, is comparing apples to apples.
Nah, Cousins didn't become a starter until 2015. Dak really only has one year on Cousins. I'm not comparing Dak to Josh Allen and Mahomes, where we know those QBs are better. I'm comparing to Kirk Cousins, who makes $45 million a year. It's laughable that Dak's camp is asking reportedly $60 million a year. No thank you. I'll take Cousins over Dak any day.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Nah, Cousins didn't become a starter until 2015. Dak really only has one year on Cousins. I'm not comparing Dak to Josh Allen and Mahomes, where we know those QBs are better. I'm comparing to Kirk Cousins, who makes $45 million a year. It's laughable that Dak's camp is asking reportedly $60 million a year. No thank you. I'll take Cousins over Dak any day.
Well then that is not a great comparison. It took Cousins a lot longer to develop.